Options

How come there are tickets still for sale??

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    luvistower wrote:
    i've got the pair i wanted to get today so does it REALLY matter that there are any left?

as long as everyone who wanted some got theirs
    it really doesn't
    but that's just my opinion

and its kinda funny...

the one time i decide not to get any tickets for any shows.....

the board runs smooth...
    and everybody gets a ticket....

hehehehehehehe...........fuck me!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    voodoopug wrote:
    Cheers, and see you on the tour.
    Cheers and indeed you will.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    ozcharlieozcharlie Posts: 91
    maybe tix are still available cause the 10C allocated a lot more tix this time round...........
    well you know the pendulum throws
    farther out to the one side, swinging
    has to sweep back the other way
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    DC is GONE! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    DixieNDixieN Posts: 351
    There could be a lot of reasons why there are tickets left, including that there are more 10C tickets available. But, there might be other reasons, like PJ's fans getting older and more tied down.

I'm older and more tied down than ever. That's for sure. I can't even think of going to any of these shows because of money. I will have to take a second job this summer to make some things happen, apart from anything like entertainment. The second job will have a 4 - 6 week duration, and part of the deal is no time off allowed at all. Taking even one day off during that period could be grounds for termination, and more than that surely would be. In the end, I don't even have to make a choice not to go; finances have made it for me.

It has nothing to do with ticket prices, which are very reasonable. The cost of travel, though. Eek. Gas is hovering around $3.12 around here. And that's now. It'll probably be up by midsummer. The cost of flights is downright prohibitive for me, since I more or less live from hand to mouth. And speaking of that...jeez...my favorite bag of demi-baguettes up more than 50 cents from my last visit. That's like a 20% increase in price. Just everything is going through the roof--except the price of Pearl Jam tickets.

A lot of PJ fans are a lot more uptown than me, I know. But, I can't be the only dirt poor devil that likes 'em. :)
  • Options
    fraidknotfraidknot Posts: 38
    I have a good Job. I make more money than I reasonably need to get by. But when I saw the prices just now, I was pretty shocked. I wasnt planning on going to any East Coast Shows anyway, but this after the Poster books which were way too exspensive... it doesnt have much to do with IF i can afford it, its more that the idea that the same show 2 years later costs almost twice as much...

I am glad to see anyone who wants a ticket can get one. I hope when they announce the Midwestern Shows that it will be the same, but I am amazed at the price jump.. I would still buy them if near me, but its not exactly "right".

Its a free economy, and they can charge whatever they feel the market will allow, but I feel bad for the folks who will go into credit debt for these tix...

I have a feeling the crowds will be more like the boring U2 crowds who can afford these tickets rather than the fun PJ crowds of old... The last U2 show I went to i was given corporate tix that were going for 1K a peice, they were shit seats and the sound was bad... If i had paid the money I would have been disapointed... lets hope this isnt were PJ is headed...
  • Options
    Camden is gone.
    1998-07-10 San Diego
    1998-07-11 Las Vegas
    2000-10-22 Las Vegas
    2000-10-25 San Diego
    2003-06-05 San Diego
    2006-07-06 Las Vegas
    2006-07-07 San Diego

http://www.myspace.com/roccondiego
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    Here are my takes on the whole "southern" ticket thing:

1) Major Cities
    The "Southern" shows are not in or really near major cities. Major Southern cities would be Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, Austin

2) Large Venues
    Tampa can hold 22,000

3) Fan Base
    Pearl Jam has more die hard fans in large metro cities regardless of region but particularly in the Northeast. Constant shows makes Pearl Jam fans more likely to go to shows. When a band shows up in your "region" once every 5 years that does not exactly build a fanbase.

4) Album Sales
    New PJ albums sell about 500,000 copies. If you guess that 10% of those people are in the club then it is safe to assume that 2,000 fan club members (10% of Tampa venue) of 50,000 are not in West Palm Beach or Tampa or Columbia probably combined.

5) Waiting on Second Leg
    I am waiting because I am holding out hope for ACL and Houston, Dallas dates. If those do not happen, then I will still probably be able to get tickets through ticketmaster and go to Tampa.

Just a few reasons...
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Here are my takes on the whole "southern" ticket thing:

1) Major Cities
    The "Southern" shows are not in or really near major cities. Major Southern cities would be Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, Austin

2) Large Venues
    Tampa can hold 22,000

3) Fan Base
    Pearl Jam has more die hard fans in large metro cities regardless of region but particularly in the Northeast. Constant shows makes Pearl Jam fans more likely to go to shows. When a band shows up in your "region" once every 5 years that does not exactly build a fanbase.

4) Album Sales
    New PJ albums sell about 500,000 copies. If you guess that 10% of those people are in the club then it is safe to assume that 2,000 fan club members (10% of Tampa venue) of 50,000 are not in West Palm Beach or Tampa or Columbia probably combined.

5) Waiting on Second Leg
    I am waiting because I am holding out hope for ACL and Houston, Dallas dates. If those do not happen, then I will still probably be able to get tickets through ticketmaster and go to Tampa.

Just a few reasons...

keep in mind that wpb is very close to Miami.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    and its kinda funny...

the one time i decide not to get any tickets for any shows.....

the board runs smooth...
    and everybody gets a ticket....

hehehehehehehe...........fuck me!!!!

So really... it's always been your fault! :p
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    voodoopug wrote:
    keep in mind that wpb is very close to Miami.

they haven't been south of West Palm in 12 years...
    (ft lauderdale in 96, miami in 94)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i will make a logical deduction.........everyone is waiting to purchase tickets to the northeast shows. once the tickets are sold out, in the northeast, then everyone will purchase the southern shows.
    pieces of your logic are holding.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.