Options

There is no fucking way the Chinese gymnasts are 16+

Comments

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    That one girl from the US team named Shawn Johnson is very adorable and she kicks ass! I see her winning gold when they go to individuals!! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    first thought "Hi I'm Chris Hansen." :D

"why don't u take a seat right over there"....
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    They should follow the rules, but shouldn't the olympics be about the best athletes regardless of age?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    know1 wrote:
    They should follow the rules, but shouldn't the olympics be about the best athletes regardless of age?
    not if every country doesn't have the best athletes regardless of age....cheaters, i tell you!
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    to be honest i didnt realise there was an over 16 rule - i just always assumed those girls were young, around 12 or 10.
    it is wrong to pretend they are older so they can compete - but hell ... has anyone mentioned their skill!!! the fact that a girl of 12 can perform at a higher standard than a 20yr old! and yes, the certainly acted like a real team, so happy for each other and proud of their routines. The american girls had glares made of ice.
    what happens, i guess we'll see ... it seems sad that these poor young girls will be the ones to suffer tho
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    One of the little girls looks like she isn't a day older then NINE!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    I haven't been watching the Olympics. They haven't felt truly authentic in a long time.

Regarding the gymnasts: If they have better performances at an earlier age, what it the reasoning behind the minimum age requirement?
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    Regarding the gymnasts: If they have better performances at an earlier age, what it the reasoning behind the minimum age requirement?

exactly! i mean it sucks and all that they're (maybe...most likely) lying about it, but they're young and they're STILL beating other teams. so it's pretty clear that they're deserving...

i think we're just being sore losers, heh :p
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    emily18 wrote:
    exactly! i mean it sucks and all that they're (maybe...most likely) lying about it, but they're young and they're STILL beating other teams. so it's pretty clear that they're deserving...

i think we're just being sore losers, heh :p
    agreed...it's kinda weird that in gymnastics the older kids complain that the younger ones are beating them.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    ryan198 wrote:
    agreed...it's kinda weird that in gymnastics the older kids complain that the younger ones are beating them.

Sounds like we've become a bunch of whiners, nothing would come of this IF we were crushing the Chinese team.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The Champ wrote:

Nice article..."hey look... an underage girl! ... and look how spread and in your face her legs are!"

Wtf?!

no other pictures on file?

move along...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Who's to say they are or they aren't? Chinese folks have naturally smaller frames than most westerners, and it has been pointed out before now that they do tend to look younger, maybe that's because of their petite frames? I dunno.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    jamie uk wrote:
    Who's to say they are or they aren't? Chinese folks have naturally smaller frames than most westerners, and it has been pointed out before now that they do tend to look younger, maybe that's because of their petite frames? I dunno.

true. no only chinese but asians in general.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    suns rival wrote:
    true. no only chinese but asians in general.

Perzactly !
    And as we're on the subject of small but perfectly formed human beings....here's my current favourite ;):)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/chinesefoodmadeeasy/aboutching/
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    zenith wrote:
    to be honest i didnt realise there was an over 16 rule - i just always assumed those girls were young, around 12 or 10.
    it is wrong to pretend they are older so they can compete - but hell ... has anyone mentioned their skill!!! the fact that a girl of 12 can perform at a higher standard than a 20yr old! and yes, the certainly acted like a real team, so happy for each other and proud of their routines. The american girls had glares made of ice.
    what happens, i guess we'll see ... it seems sad that these poor young girls will be the ones to suffer tho
    yeah those american bitches... go back to cheerleading bitches :p
    make way for the 11 year old chinese team who looked like they had fun! :)
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Well done China, you were the better team.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    The 20 year old girl that fell down for the US= muy calliente
  • Options
    maybe the age thing is there in part for size. if youre younger youre likely to be smaller, then its probably easy to do crap. those beams and stuff arent that wide, smaller feet make it easier. less weight is easier to move and flip and crap.

maybe there isnt a good reason for the age limit. but it is kinda funny that if little kids are beating nearly adults at the same sport. but not in many sports would that work, football or hockey...
  • Options
    xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    i have no idea if they lied about their ages, but either way.. they did awesome!
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    The 20 year old girl that fell down for the US= muy calliente

yes she was. I was afraid to look at any of the other girls:o they should make it 18 and over just to be safe;)

and china definitely cheated.. i'm sure we have some amazing 12 year olds too, too bad we couldn't use them
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Trailer wrote:
    and china definitely cheated.. i'm sure we have some amazing 12 year olds too, too bad we couldn't use them

Exactly
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    Trailer wrote:
    yes she was. I was afraid to look at any of the other girls:o they should make it 18 and over just to be safe;)

...And how do you know this?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    g under p wrote:
    ...And how do you know this?

Peace

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/olympics/2008/08/14/underage.gymnasts/index.html?cnn=yes
    Everyone seems to know this, but it's hard to prove for obvious reasons..
    And one of them is fucking teething!!
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Trailer wrote:
    i'm sure we have some amazing 12 year olds too, too bad we couldn't use them

Good point..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    So what's to be done can the US protest and who is the governing body that checks to make sure these gymnists are age appropriate?

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    So what's to be done can the US protest and who is the governing body that checks to make sure these gymnists are age appropriate?

Peace

I have no idea, but the reason a lot of people are pissed off is because of their arrogance, especially when it's so fucking blatantly apparent..It's not like they were trying to squeeze a 15 1/2 in there, one is like 8..lol..but whatever..

Peace
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I have no idea, but the reason a lot of people are pissed off is because of their arrogance, especially when it's so fucking blatantly apparent..It's not like they were trying to squeeze a 15 1/2 in there, one is like 8..lol..but whatever..

Peace
    I really dont understand the reason for age limits in olympic competition, but the fact is there are rules regarding the age of the competitors. Some of those Chinese gymnasts look like they are no older than 10-11. If they are found to be underage, do you think they will be stripped of their medals?
    McCain/MILF 08
  • Options
    daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    I really dont understand the reason for age limits in olympic competition, but the fact is there are rules regarding the age of the competitors. Some of those Chinese gymnasts look like they are no older than 10-11. If they are found to be underage, do you think they will be stripped of their medals?

It doesn't appear they will be. The governing body of the Olympics has said they accept the "passport ages" and the governing body for gymnastics has its head in the sand...like they didn't have enough trouble four years ago.

One of my colleagues at work is a former world class platform diver and he offered this comment that I think is worthwhile. Having young competitors in the "twisting sports" (like diving and women's gymnastics) creates an unfair disadvantage because of flexibility and weight. Younger=more flexible and lighter which makes it easier to do the moves required. I do recall that the average weight of the Chinese gymnastics team was 77 pounds compared to the U.S. at 104. (God...what I wouldn't give to weigh 104!) He said that the same does not apply to men's gymnastics (although it could to diving) because most of the men's moves are power, not finesse.
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Options
    Well, at least the US gymnasts kicked some major fucking ass last night in the all-around competition winning not only the gold, but silver as well. Nicely done..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'