06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    OMG
    Sarah I am so sorry to hear that.
    I will say a prayer for him and your family.

<friendly hug> for you
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    sounds pretty scary. my best to you and your family.
  • hi everyone. Today was a lot more if the same. He is still in critical condition and intubated. He isn't knocked out totally so he tries to tell us things with hand motions sometimes. If he's in pain the nurses can sedate him more. Today when I was alone in his room he woke up and grabbed me and tried to reach his tubes to pull out and when I wouldnt let him he tried to get me to do it for him. He gets very frustrated trying to tell us things since he can't talk. He signed for a drink and showed me pillows. But he's so loopy and gone that hes out of it. He is on amnesia (sp?) drugs so he will not remember any of this anyways. He is still getting new bubbles at this point which is a bad news. However he isn't worse in any other way. Its a lot of wait and watch at this point. We have to let it be what it is going to be as there is no medication and his treatments didn't have an effect yet.
  • sending you and your brother my best thoughts and love!

I hope all becomes well for you all soon!

*hugs!!*
    and Kissies!!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • I hope the best for him and all of your family and you.
    If he's in Crozier, then he's in one of the best places around. Their burn unit is incredible.
    Let me know if you need anything. I live in Wilmington and I'm only about 15 minutes away from Crozier.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Oh sweetie!! :( I'm so sorry to hear that. That is absolutely HORRIBLE!! My thoughts are with you and your family.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Wishing the best for your brother and sending both of you positive vibes.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Hey, right now my best friend is in the hospital in critical condition. To an extent, I know what you're going through. My best wishes and prayers go out to your brother. Stay strong, stay positive. Be the best you can be.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    Hey, right now my best friend is in the hospital in critical condition. To an extent, I know what you're going through. My best wishes and prayers go out to your brother. Stay strong, stay positive. Be the best you can be.
    my thoughts are with your friend and you. Life is short, it just changes in an instant. Makes me love everyone and everything so much more.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    DOSW wrote:
    Good thought your way as well! Hope all turns out well. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Omg, I've never even heard of such a thing! How horrible for him, and for you and your family! I'll be sending all the karma and positive wishes I can muster up to all of you, and hoping he turns around quickly and starts recovering.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • I hope the best for him and all of your family and you.
    If he's in Crozier, then he's in one of the best places around. Their burn unit is incredible.
    Let me know if you need anything. I live in Wilmington and I'm only about 15 minutes away from Crozier.
    he means it too Sarah, he's a good one... so even if you just want somebody to talk to give him a shout :o

My heart goes out to you and your family! I just can't imagine having to deal with something like that :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I hope the best for him and all of your family and you.

Bobsta means this....if you meet up with him, he will make you feel better! He has one of the most generous souls that I've ever met.

I am thinking about your brother and sending tons of good vibes his way.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • you guys are truly amazing. You have no idea how far support can go. I just saw him and today he looks better from my untrained eye. He hasn't opened his eyes today for us yet but that's totally fine. It will be an extremely long healing process bur so far he has avoided any infections which had Bren and still is a major cause for concern. I told him last night he needs to get better so he can instant message me with crude things soon. Hopefully he hears me and knows I'm here. Eventually I am going to need to go back to Chicago. But I'm trying to stay until he us off the vent. And he us mostly out of the woods. I do know crozer though, i went to college really close and a friend in college was treated here for a bad accident. The nursing staff has been pretty cold, but thats okay i just want him to get better!!

I aplogize if my spelling or typing is off, im on my iphone
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    good ole hippy healing vibes

(((((((((((((((((((Sarah & Bro)))))))))))))))))))))

very sorry to hear that
  • My prayers are with you. I truly wish you and your family the best. And don't worry too much, your brother will be fine soon. God Bless.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    bump

more good vibes headed to your brother that he recuparates soon you are a good brother to stand by him .........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I will keep you, your brother, and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Just a quick update:

His doctor did tell us tonight that he thinks he might be turning around for the better...

I felt like I took my first breath in a week today.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Just a quick update:

His doctor did tell us tonight that he thinks he might be turning around for the better...

**fingers crossed**

Actually EVERYTHING crossed! :)

*~*~magic~*~* just sprinkling a little of that around too Sarah.

And lots of love.

XO

PS: Don't forget to breathe! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • here's some friday support for ya...

hope today is the start of a huge recovery :)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Hopefully he hears me and knows I'm here.
    I can pretty much guarantee he does.
    And be sure that hearing you and others helps.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Just a quick update:

That's wonderful!!!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Just a quick update:

This brought tears to my eyes.....I continue to pray and send good vibes.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • ((good vibes))
    thanks for sharing!
    :(

@---)----

*lights a candle for hope*

thanks for the update, and just know that he is getting soo many strong vibes. the people here have some amazing ones....and hes also getting some good ones in person too.

((bro))
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Heads up, Sarah. For what it's worth, a 17 year old girl at my rehab hospital was recently diagnosed with a debilitating condition and had this most amazing recovery none of the docs could explain. Hope the same goes ASAP for your brother.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,770
    My prayers for your brother.

If this makes you feel any better, both of those places (CHOP and Crozier) are very, VERY good facilities. He will be well taken care of.

I hope that eases your mind somewhat.

take care.
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Good vibes and best wishes for your brother are being sent from the West Coast of Canada.

That waiting around for good news is a bitch...but hang in there...Do what you can...
    be philanthropic