My brother needs your GOOD thoughts

Comments

• ((good vibes and love))
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Hi everyone,

Here is an update from Monday 11/12. Today we got the news that Scott, my brother, has developed pneumonia in both of his lungs. This is a major set back for him because he is now using the vent to breathe where as before it was just a precaution and keeping his airway fron closing shut. Now he cannot breathe without the machines. :-( so they say it could be 3-5 days before anything improves if the antibiotics begin to work. But the good news is that his skin is healing very well and his new skin is coming in well. Please continue your good thoughts to help him heal his lungs. I do have to fly back to chicago on Wednesday night because I have been out here for almost 2 weeks and I need to return to my job.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i'm sorry to hear about the setback....:(......still keeping good thoughts.....:)
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm still thinking about him GraySaturday. Pneumonia is fairly easily cured, isn't it? So here's to hoping! :)
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    I'm very sorry to hear this. Will someone stay with him at the hospital? How old is he? Try to be strong and give him some energy. Hopefully a few months from now you'll be able to look back at all of this like a bad dream.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    ok let's keep the good thoughts goin for your bro >>>>>>>>>>>>> only positive vibes out of my head heading that way >>>>>>...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Lots of good vibes being sent to your brother and your family.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    So sorry about the setback....I will continue to pray and send positive vibes to him and your family.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    So sorry about the setback....I will continue to pray and send positive vibes to him and your family.

oxc
    What she said. thanks for the update GS.

((hugs and best wishes))

@-)---
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • meme wrote:
    I'm very sorry to hear this. Will someone stay with him at the hospital? How old is he? Try to be strong and give him some energy. Hopefully a few months from now you'll be able to look back at all of this like a bad dream.
    my mom will be with him constantly, and my dad comes after work each day because he had to go back to work this week. My brother is only 16.
  • My prayers are still with you and your family. He'll be okay soon.
  • I'm wishing and hoping the best for him, and like I say, call if you need anything. It sounds like he's going to do well.
    If his skin is healing, that sounds great. It's always so scary to see someone looking that sick in the hospital and so many people get pneumonia and the tubes are in there and it just looks bad, but as soon as you know it, he'll be out in the world again!
    He IS in a great place at Crozier, and he has loving people around him and so do you!

I send you and your family my very best. :)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • hope you can feel all these positive thoughts being sent your brother's way...

i've been thinking about this all weekend (i have two teenage sons)

hugs to you all!!!
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • So truly sorry to learn of your Brother's illness... :(

In my heart, I believe that we can help you... help him...

Please take a deep breath and think about all of us... sending our thoughts, hopes and prayers ... and take that positive energy with you... to help you stay strong... for him...

Take care... Lisa
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • I hope everything is going well and his condition is improving. More wishes for your brother and your family.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • still sending prayers and good wishes from northern cali!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    bump the good vibes ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,067
    I send my sincere good thoughts and prayers.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • OMG gray....there are no words for what your brother, you, your family must be suffering......:(

all i can say, which is so small but i feel the need to say so in any case......hearts & thoughts........my heart and prayers go out to you ALL.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Still thinking about your brother today, sending love and good vibes....waiting for any news you can give us.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • good thoughts still traveling over, hope things are improving for your brother
  • bumpity bump.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    more prayers and wishes for your brother's recovery
    Brian
  • Hey Everyone,

Now that I am back in Chicago and on my lap top, I can write a little better of an update.

First off I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone here who has wished my brother well. I truly believe the love and support he and my family receives plays a large part in recovery.

Here is the Thursday 11/15 update: Today Scott was scoped to see if they could remove his tubes, but they weren't ready yet. They are going to look again tomorrow because they are really trying to get him off. But on a happy note, his skin is GREAT! all of the blisters have been replaced by new bright pink skin. He is itchy, but the doctors say there will be no scarring long term. This is excellent news. He's only a jr in high school, and I'd hate for him to have to battle being scarred or something over taking antibiotics. He is coughing up a lot of stuff now and clearing out his chest. He was trying to communicate with my mom today but he was so confused and out of it that they didn't get anywhere, and obviously he can't talk still because of the tube. Once they get the tubes out, they hope to have him start PT and Speech therapy so he can get back on track. Since steven johnsons makes you shed all of the linings inside as well, his mouth is very bad off still, and might have problems talking for a while let. But he is going to make a full recovery, and hopefully will be back to school in 2008. He will most likely miss thanksgiving this year, but he should be good by Christmas.

Again you people have been amazing. I will keep you updated as to when he finally gets his tubes out, and when he gets to go home.. but it will be a while.

Love to you all,
    Sarah
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Good news Sarah.
    Nice to hear it.
    Hope your bro's full recovery is quick.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    that is great news! i'm glad to hear he's improving! :)
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    great news!!! :D
  • aw wonderful news! all the best, hope the healing keeps going nicely and quickly!
  • barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    Great news, Sarah!
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein