Options

The 2008 Dallas Cowboys road to the Super Bowl....

Comments

• Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    stickboy wrote:
    nah bro I cant watch the games...just keeping track on the live gamechannels on yahoo and nfl.com

I think we'll hold it down tho and nvm Felix Jones

whats your boys gonna do when Beast Jacobs comes plowing thru them??? I wouldnt wanna be in front of him! :D

haha I wouldn't wanna be in front of him either, the man is huge. just take out his knees. ;)

hopefully the 'Boys will be all healed from there injuries by the time they play the Giants. it's gonna be a physical game that's for sure.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    stylo17 wrote:
    haha I wouldn't wanna be in front of him either, the man is huge. just take out his knees. ;)

hopefully the 'Boys will be all healed from there injuries by the time they play the Giants. it's gonna be a physical game that's for sure.
    yea thats the only way to stop Jacobs..go low...but let's hope that doesnt happen

funny I just did another 10-15 miles and found a mickey Ds in Frederickston VA and all the staff has a tv and the Cowboys game on..was 24-22 when I walked in and they were going nuts, lol

and I was like oh man..at least my Giants won and they started laughing!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Well, shit. Once again Dallas plays like shit and wins. Miles Austin, that was the fucking game that went through your hands. Pure luck that Crayton sealed the deal there. He actually made the catch - holy shit. I'm losing faith in Romo. He just keeps fucking up and just isn't playing like he used to. He made the big pass there at the end, but at some points it looked like he lost his throwing motion and 3 passes in a row were really bad. If the D can't get to the qb, the dbs can not keep up. What is this stupid zone shit that allows 7 to 12 yard passes every fucking time? Oh, and Adam Jones CAN NOT catch.

On the upside, Felix Jones looks great. And..... yeah, thats it. Well, Philly did lose to WSH. I'll have to see what happened there. If Romo plays better, we don't have a problem with this team and we are the team we are supposed to be. FUCK.

Adding, NYG fans save your fingers. Your qb is a fuck up too and yall don't impress me.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Is anyone else sick of Brian Stewart?

Twice the Bengals lined up at the 5 in a trip set and twice the Cowboys defense looked utterly confused. Twice the Bengals scored TDs. It seems like every week the Cowboys defense runs around confused because they have no idea where they are supposed to be or what the offense is going to do.

They are lucky they played the Bengals today because a good team would have beaten them.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Well, shit. Once again Dallas plays like shit and wins. Miles Austin, that was the fucking game that went through your hands. Pure luck that Crayton sealed the deal there. He actually made the catch - holy shit. I'm losing faith in Romo. He just keeps fucking up and just isn't playing like he used to. He made the big pass there at the end, but at some points it looked like he lost his throwing motion and 3 passes in a row were really bad. If the D can't get to the qb, the dbs can not keep up. What is this stupid zone shit that allows 7 to 12 yard passes every fucking time? Oh, and Adam Jones CAN NOT catch.

On the upside, Felix Jones looks great. And..... yeah, thats it. Well, Philly did lose to WSH. I'll have to see what happened there. If Romo plays better, we don't have a problem with this team and we are the team we are supposed to be. FUCK.

Adding, NYG fans save your fingers. Your qb is a fuck up too and yall don't impress me.
    heheh if our Giants don't impress you at 4 and 0 and Eli playing MUCH better than your QB and much better than last yr showing improvement..imagine how impressed we Giants fans are with the Cowbitches, lmfao!

nada, zip zilch...yall dont scare nobody...
    Romo like I said will be proven to be a fluke and in time the teams gonna fall apart. Pacman aint shit, TO hasnt done anything, Crayton sucks...what do you guys have that makes you believe you'll make a legit run for the SUper Bowl??? Barber and Jones?? Youre gonna need a lil more than that buddy
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    heheh if our Giants don't impress you at 4 and 0 and Eli playing MUCH better than your QB and much better than last yr showing improvement..imagine how impressed we Giants fans are with the Cowbitches, lmfao!

nada, zip zilch...yall dont scare nobody...
    Romo like I said will be proven to be a fluke and in time the teams gonna fall apart. Pacman aint shit, TO hasnt done anything, Crayton sucks...what do you guys have that makes you believe you'll make a legit run for the SUper Bowl??? Barber and Jones?? Youre gonna need a lil more than that buddy

What do we have?

Not even Randy Moss does well against the constant focus defences have paid to Owens, he's a great player opening things up for other and he'll get his chances.
    Witten - amazing
    O-line - amazing
    Barber and Jones, well you can see
    D-line and OLBs, will get to your qb and all others
    Ware, Ellis, and spencer are all probowlers
    Thomas and James have been excellent in the middle

Its not complete, but we have more than NYG and we will have yall.

Yes, I'm sick of Brian Stewart. Our D should be a million times better, they're not organized. Still, if Romo returns to form, we are the superbowl team for the NFC.
  • Options
    What do we have?

Not even Randy Moss does well against the constant focus defences have paid to Owens, he's a great player opening things up for other and he'll get his chances.
    Witten - amazing
    O-line - amazing
    Barber and Jones, well you can see
    D-line and OLBs, will get to your qb and all others
    Ware, Ellis, and spencer are all probowlers
    Thomas and James have been excellent in the middle

Its not complete, but we have more than NYG and we will have yall.

Yes, I'm sick of Brian Stewart. Our D should be a million times better, they're not organized. Still, if Romo returns to form, we are the superbowl team for the NFC.
    ok I forgot about Witten...he's def nasty and obviously your RB tandem. Ware and Ellis are alright but still the rest is all questionable. I honestly dont think you guys have a better chance at beating us any moreso than you did last yr. You guys BARELY beat us last season and from the looks last yr you guys seemed a much better team than what you're showing so far
  • Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Glad they won but damn they need to play better, they arent going to beat the 'Skins and Giants playing this way. Stewart does not impress me at all and I still wish they'd give Felix more carries. And it would be nice to go through one game where Romo doesn't through an INT or fumble.
  • Options
    honestly looks like it's Romo's attitude that's messing him up. remember when he used to be the super laid-back backyard quarterback? he used to have a smile all the time, having a great time out there just airing it out. now he always has a serious face and I don't think it's helping him. he needs to have more fun out there.

let's not forget that the Bengals took the Giants to OT in New York, so just cause they're winless doesn't mean they're THAT bad.
    6/11/08 WPB

• Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    honestly looks like it's Romo's attitude that's messing him up. remember when he used to be the super laid-back backyard quarterback? he used to have a smile all the time, having a great time out there just airing it out. now he always has a serious face and I don't think it's helping him. he needs to have more fun out there.

let's not forget that the Bengals took the Giants to OT in New York, so just cause they're winless doesn't mean they're THAT bad.

True, I mean I'm sure there is a lot more pressure on Romo this year.
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    well obviously

everybody and their mother has them already winning the Super Bowl even before the season had even started..even the fans but hey

Eli had pressure in the biggest market in the world and he Manned up and did his thing

can your QB do the same or will he falter?

still remains to be seen
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:

Oh yes. The pressure is definitely on him now. He's had a chance to get used to being the starter. He has a great team around him. Time for him to step up.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Oh yes. The pressure is definitely on him now. He's had a chance to get used to being the starter. He has a great team around him. Time for him to step up.

Damn straight...and he better do it quick.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    well obviously

everybody and their mother has them already winning the Super Bowl even before the season had even started..even the fans but hey

Eli had pressure in the biggest market in the world and he Manned up and did his thing

can your QB do the same or will he falter?

still remains to be seen

It's a lil different when you are expected to win and are the favorite, rather than getting hot at the right time and sneaking up on people.
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    It's a lil different when you are expected to win and are the favorite, rather than getting hot at the right time and sneaking up on people.
    I hear that, but thats the media for ya and the ESPN's
    so now the 'Boys gotta live up that
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    I hear that, but thats the media for ya and the ESPN's
    so now the 'Boys gotta live up that

Exactly....I get tired of watching ESPN and all that. Should be a good fight for the East though, just wish the Cowboys would put one game together where they play a complete game....kinda like the Giants have been doing....gotta give them credit, they look damn good.
  • Options
    In September we think we know something, in October we realize we know nothing. I'll give NYG credit for what they've done, I still don't think they have the real deal, but they are putting it all together. Not to long ago, I had a short list of what looked to be the top teams this year.... I totally discard that now. We know nothing. Dallas could be up there, but coulda shoulda woulda whatever.
  • Options
    Yeah. We know nothing yet. Just look at this time last year.

I'm with you guys though, we need to see a complete game here on both sides.

And when is the last time Romo played a great game? I mean a great game. No turnovers, high yardage, multiple TDs. Last year against the Packers?
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Yeah. We know nothing yet. Just look at this time last year.

I'm with you guys though, we need to see a complete game here on both sides.

And when is the last time Romo played a great game? I mean a great game. No turnovers, high yardage, multiple TDs. Last year against the Packers?

hate to say it but I really don't think he is a GREAT or ELITE QB. he just happens to be the quarterback for the team with a star on its helmet and everything he does gets attention and amplified. he is a GOOD quarterback, but really this INT streak has got to stop. he's gotta go have fun and let his explosive offense run wild. if all he does is manage the game no one will slow down the Cowboys O.
    6/11/08 WPB

• Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    hate to say it but I really don't think he is a GREAT or ELITE QB. he just happens to be the quarterback for the team with a star on its helmet and everything he does gets attention and amplified. he is a GOOD quarterback, but really this INT streak has got to stop. he's gotta go have fun and let his explosive offense run wild. if all he does is manage the game no one will slow down the Cowboys O.

All true.

Romo is a little worry for me right now. The big worry is the defense. Too many times this year they have run around like they didn't know what the play was. The confusion was on display yesterday. Luckily, it was the Bengals and luckily, they got a couple of turnovers (especially that fumble late in the game).

You know only Cowboys fans can bitch about winning and being 4-1 right? :)
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    All true.

Romo is a little worry for me right now. The big worry is the defense. Too many times this year they have run around like they didn't know what the play was. The confusion was on display yesterday. Luckily, it was the Bengals and luckily, they got a couple of turnovers (especially that fumble late in the game).

You know only Cowboys fans can bitch about winning and being 4-1 right? :)
    Sure they put up a lot of points, but for some reason I am not confident in them yet.

Romo making a great play but then having the ball slip out of his hands....check
    Romo with an interception....check
    Defense looking lost on many plays....check

a wins a win but I think they should have won with a little more confidence yesterday.
    I think Romo will become a great QB in the years to come...but right now, I would say he is just a little above average. Hopefully a playoff win will do the trick.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    In September we think we know something, in October we realize we know nothing. I'll give NYG credit for what they've done, I still don't think they have the real deal, but they are putting it all together. Not to long ago, I had a short list of what looked to be the top teams this year.... I totally discard that now. We know nothing. Dallas could be up there, but coulda shoulda woulda whatever.
    absolutely. In a few weeks another team can emerge and be top dog and the favs go on a 5 game losing slide. Or like Washington..who expected them to start like this

The Giants are just doing what they should be doing and thats putting the lesser teams away and putting W's up and looking pretty good while doing it. Looks like its gonna be a Cowboys/Redskins/Giants battle in this division. Philly once again looks done unfortunately
  • Options
    what the fuck?!?!.........first Newman may have surgery and now pacman gets into a fight with his bodyguard.....

argh

Newman: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/100908dnspocowdate.3eac1de.html

Pacman:
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/100908dnspojones.f3a8bc5e.html
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Paaaaacman....oh paaaacman...its time to take your medicine...this guy is a cancer to society
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    the road to the super bowl is getting dreailed already..Newman out possibly up to 6 weeks and the guy who was gonna replace him Mr. Pacman is in trouble....any day now TO is gonna blow up too, lol

and Romo is Romo , we all know how that goes. Still gonna throw is INT's and fuck up someway somehow. Sorry Cowgirls :D
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm more worried about Newman than anything. You could tell he didn't look right when he came back for that Washington game because he never gets burned like that. We'll see.

Maybe there will be a corner for trade before the deadline.

Pacman - whatever. I wish he wasn't here but because of Newman, we are stuck with him and he isn't that great to begin with.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    I am sure the pacman jones thing was way overblown.....
  • Options
    Terence Newman underwent surgery for his abdominal strain. projected to be back after the bye week (@ Washington) and will most likely miss the first game against the Giants. hopefully he can recover quickly.
    6/11/08 WPB

• Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    Terence Newman underwent surgery for his abdominal strain. projected to be back after the bye week (@ Washington) and will most likely miss the first game against the Giants. hopefully he can recover quickly.

That sucks. And we are still without Roy Williams and Pat Watkins.

The Cardinals are missing most of their secondary too on Sunday, or at least they are listed as questionable.

This is libel to be a shootout.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    That sucks. And we are still without Roy Williams and Pat Watkins.

The Cardinals are missing most of their secondary too on Sunday, or at least they are listed as questionable.

This is libel to be a shootout.

I think I read that Roy is expected to play next week. don't know what the deal with Watkins is.
    6/11/08 WPB