Options

The 2008 Dallas Cowboys road to the Super Bowl....

Comments

• Options
    stickboy wrote:
    Yall can beat the skins if the the same Skins showed up that played against Pittsburgh this monday night or the one we beat for the season opener.
    well, you gotta understand the optimism i'm trying to have, since all my teams are playing like shit. even my spurs are starting their season 0-3 and probably will not make it to the playoffs even with ginobili returning. something's gotta give... i mean my team will eventually have to win a big one.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    well, you gotta understand the optimism i'm trying to have, since all my teams are playing like shit. even my spurs are starting their season 0-3 and probably will not make it to the playoffs even with ginobili returning. something's gotta give... i mean my team will eventually have to win a big one.
    I'm sure the Spurs will be fine. Theyre kinda like us the yankees and the fans. Theyve won enough the past few yrs to thepoint where it doesnt hurt as much when you dont go all the way. But yea Spurs will prolly make the playoffs, I just don't know if I could say the same thing about the Cowboys. I see teams like NO, Carolina, GB, just to name a few fighting for that wild card. I can tell you right now in case anyones thinking this, that the chance of the Giants giving up 1st place is like non existant. Its not gonna happen so forget about that playoff option.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    :rolleyes: typical philly comment

so philadelphians usually make 9-7 predictions?

idiot

lol

seriously, check the schedule. you already have 4 losses. 3 more is really not that much of a stretch considering who you still have to play.....oh, and how bad your team is right now! hey oh!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    T.O. FINALLY EXPLODES!!!1!!

;)
    "We're still a very confident group of guys," Owens said. "As a unit, we know why we aren't winning. We just have to get those mistakes corrected."
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    T.O. FINALLY EXPLODES!!!1!!

;)
    "We're still a very confident group of guys," Owens said. "As a unit, we know why we aren't winning. We just have to get those mistakes corrected."

Yeah but he threw a chair and screamed for his grandma and a chocolate milk with an oreo straw :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    doesn't everyone?
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I am so depressed I don't even want to talk about them anymore. How bad is that?
    This is such perfect timing for the bye week.

It is one thing when your team sucks and everyone knows it sucks (i.e. the 1989 1-15 season, etc.) but it is another when they are talented and then underperform terribly.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    so philadelphians usually make 9-7 predictions?

idiot

lol

seriously, check the schedule. you already have 4 losses. 3 more is really not that much of a stretch considering who you still have to play.....oh, and how bad your team is right now! hey oh!
    no.... a lot of philly fans are very condescending... like you calling me an idiot. and you saying the cowboys will go 9-7 is extremely biased....

i've checked the schedule but you're also failing to give at least some credibility to the fact that the cowboys are injured. they have so many injured that i wouldn't want to name them all. sure... they would've lost some of these games but you're honestly not going to say that the scores would've been the same... especially considering the fact that we didn't have a good backup quarterback to distribute the ball at all. comments being made here is almost like making it sound like if roy williams and t. owens will be completely stopped for the rest of the season and the cowboys will absolutely not make some kind of fight to make it to the playoffs. so yes your comments are extreeemely biased.

but go ahead... call me an idiot if it makes you feel better. i mean add insult to injury in this case.... so my team loses and i'm bummed out about it.... and wait a minute, it's not over yet, cause I'm still an idiot. and so the bashing will continue. not on you, mind you, on me.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    I'm sure the Spurs will be fine. Theyre kinda like us the yankees and the fans. Theyve won enough the past few yrs to thepoint where it doesnt hurt as much when you dont go all the way. But yea Spurs will prolly make the playoffs, I just don't know if I could say the same thing about the Cowboys. I see teams like NO, Carolina, GB, just to name a few fighting for that wild card. I can tell you right now in case anyones thinking this, that the chance of the Giants giving up 1st place is like non existant. Its not gonna happen so forget about that playoff option.
    no, i don't think so... doesn't look good at all for the spurs right now. they're in the toughest division with two of their best players (parker, ginobili) injured.

i'm sure giants will stay at number one.... i just don't see the cowboys out of the picture at all... not yet... at least if they don't lose to the redskins.

in the beginning of the season cowboys were considered the most dangerous team.... even with their losses to the redskins and cardinals... look how those games ended... they were both very close games. as soon as romo gets injured it's when they get blown out by the rams and giants.... the cowboys are definitely in need of getting their better players back.... they can play much better than what they've shown so far... everyone knows it.

ok for the giants, respect has been earned and given... at least in my part it has. i respect the giants... the only thing that bothered me about the cowboys loss is that one of the players said that had they played with romo and all the rest of their healthy crew the outcome would've been the same. who's to say? cause what you're saying is that romo is seriously that bad and he would've played as bad as johnson. i mean didn't johnson take it twice to the red zone and then turn the ball over? you don't think romo would scored those touchdowns? i'm not saying the cowboys would've lost... i'm saying the outcome would've been very much different. at least the score would've been 35-28 in giants favor. like the outcome might've been very much different against the rams.... and so on. can you honestly say the cowboys aren't that good and they simply don't have any potential to contend for a mere playoff spot? i think they're good enough... at least good enough.

but like i said earlier... if the redskins win then it's all over for the cowboys. but if the cowboys win... then yeah there season is just midway through and have a fairly good chance of tying for the second spot in the nfc east.
  • Options
    no, i don't think so... doesn't look good at all for the spurs right now. they're in the toughest division with two of their best players (parker, ginobili) injured.

i'm sure giants will stay at number one.... i just don't see the cowboys out of the picture at all... not yet... at least if they don't lose to the redskins.

in the beginning of the season cowboys were considered the most dangerous team.... even with their losses to the redskins and cardinals... look how those games ended... they were both very close games. as soon as romo gets injured it's when they get blown out by the rams and giants.... the cowboys are definitely in need of getting their better players back.... they can play much better than what they've shown so far... everyone knows it.

ok for the giants, respect has been earned and given... at least in my part it has. i respect the giants... the only thing that bothered me about the cowboys loss is that one of the players said that had they played with romo and all the rest of their healthy crew the outcome would've been the same. who's to say? cause what you're saying is that romo is seriously that bad and he would've played as bad as johnson. i mean didn't johnson take it twice to the red zone and then turn the ball over? you don't think romo would scored those touchdowns? i'm not saying the cowboys would've lost... i'm saying the outcome would've been very much different. at least the score would've been 35-28 in giants favor. like the outcome might've been very much different against the rams.... and so on. can you honestly say the cowboys aren't that good and they simply don't have any potential to contend for a mere playoff spot? i think they're good enough... at least good enough.

but like i said earlier... if the redskins win then it's all over for the cowboys. but if the cowboys win... then yeah there season is just midway through and have a fairly good chance of tying for the second spot in the nfc east.
    I dunno man. Sure the talent and potential is there to earn a playoff spot. But the way other teams are playing in the other divisions is gonna make it extremely difficult. On top of trying to win, what, 5 or 6 of your remaining games you gotta hope the other teams lose too. Good luck with that.
    Oh and I'll prolly be rooting Cowboys when yall play the redskins next week just so we can distance ourselves a lil bit more from any possible competition ;)
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    I dunno man. Sure the talent and potential is there to earn a playoff spot. But the way other teams are playing in the other divisions is gonna make it extremely difficult. On top of trying to win, what, 5 or 6 of your remaining games you gotta hope the other teams lose too. Good luck with that.
    Oh and I'll prolly be rooting Cowboys when yall play the redskins next week just so we can distance ourselves a lil bit more from any possible competition ;)
    well, cowboys have a chance of going 7-0 if indeed they play like they should with all their best players on the roster but we'll see.
  • Options
    It has been nice to watch football this week without having to stress about it.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    well, cowboys have a chance of going 7-0 if indeed they play like they should with all their best players on the roster but we'll see.
    yea they have a chance. Anybody has a chance any given sunday. Thats just how it is. At best I say the go 5 and 2, 6 and 1 if they get really lucky.
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    looks like the Cowboys are now 3rd in the division, ahead of the last place Eagles.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    looks like the Cowboys are now 3rd in the division, ahead of the last place Eagles.
    yes! :)
  • Options
    nice!
    the battle to see who's gonna finish last :D
  • Options
    As much as it sucks to see the Giants win, as a Cowboys fan you have to come to the realization that the NFC East is out of reach this year. Not mathematically but you know. The best chance for the Cowbys to make the playoffs is for the Giants to go on and beat Washington and Philly one more time and just go on and take the division.

Needless to say, this Washington game coming up is a must-win.

10 wins will not get them in this year. It is going to take 11 to get in I believe.

Cowboy are 5-4. So 6 wins are needed. Here are the remaining games:

at Washington
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    at Pittsburgh
    New York Giants
    Baltimore
    at Philadelphia

None of these are gimmie games. Certainly doable to go 6-1 over the remainder of the season, but there are no pushovers in that list, except the 49ers.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    As much as it sucks to see the Giants win, as a Cowboys fan you have to come to the realization that the NFC East is out of reach this year. Not mathematically but you know. The best chance for the Cowbys to make the playoffs is for the Giants to go on and beat Washington and Philly one more time and just go on and take the division.

10 wins will not get them in this year. It is going to take 11 to get in I believe.

at Washington
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    at Pittsburgh
    New York Giants
    Baltimore
    at Philadelphia

None of these are gimmie games. Certainly doable to go 6-1 over the remainder of the season, but there are no pushovers in that list, except the 49ers.
    def gonna have to pull off at least 6 wins esp when you take into consideration that you have to hope and pray teams like Minnesota, Atlanta, GB, Washington, Philly and perhaps even the Saints lose most of their games. Wild Card battle is gonna be fun.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    yea they have a chance. Anybody has a chance any given sunday. Thats just how it is. At best I say the go 5 and 2, 6 and 1 if they get really lucky.
    come on, you know very well that if the cowboys play like they should and healthy they can definitely go 7-0
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

at Washington
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    at Pittsburgh
    New York Giants
    Baltimore
    at Philadelphia

i kinda disagree with you here... afterall there are still 7 weeks left to play. that's a looong time... even if the giants lose to washington and philly, cowboys still have a chance... there's a solid chance the standings might stand like this... which is actually what i'm predicting.

giants 12-4
    redskins 11-5
    cowboys 11-5
    eagles 9-7 (the way they lost to the giants... i'm not too bought into this team :o )

but yes as i said the game against redskins is definitely a must-win.

also the seahawks are more of a pushover... given the way i saw the 49ers play against the cardinals. the only games i'm truly worried about are the games against the redskins and the steelers.

i'm expecting the cowboys to beat the giants and eagles... all the games against baltimore, seattle and sanfran are home games... they usually win those, especially the games on thanksgiving day.
  • Options
    come on, you know very well that if the cowboys play like they should and healthy they can definitely go 7-0
    yea "IF" they play like they should

and what they "can" do and what they "WILL" do are 2 entirely diff things
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    yea "IF" they play like they should

and what they "can" do and what they "WILL" do are 2 entirely diff things
    right, if, you homer, if... which is what they were doing in the first few games until romo got hurt.

people seem to forget the games they lost with romo and company they lost by inches.
  • Options
    right, if, you homer, if... which is what they were doing in the first few games until romo got hurt.

people seem to forget the games they lost with romo and company they lost by inches.
    nah I hardly forget. Well maybe you guys can go 6 and 1 cause youre def not beating the Giants. The rest might be a lil easier and even the Steelers game I dunno about. Thats gonna be just as tough
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    nah I hardly forget. Well maybe you guys can go 6 and 1 cause youre def not beating the Giants. The rest might be a lil easier and even the Steelers game I dunno about. Thats gonna be just as tough
    ok... can't wait.
  • Options
    i kinda disagree with you here... afterall there are still 7 weeks left to play. that's a looong time... even if the giants lose to washington and philly, cowboys still have a chance... there's a solid chance the standings might stand like this... which is actually what i'm predicting.

giants 12-4
    redskins 11-5
    cowboys 11-5
    eagles 9-7 (the way they lost to the giants... i'm not too bought into this team :o )

but yes as i said the game against redskins is definitely a must-win.

also the seahawks are more of a pushover... given the way i saw the 49ers play against the cardinals. the only games i'm truly worried about are the games against the redskins and the steelers.

i'm expecting the cowboys to beat the giants and eagles... all the games against baltimore, seattle and sanfran are home games... they usually win those, especially the games on thanksgiving day.

I know, I just think that with the way the Giants are playing right now (some sloppiness against the Eagles aside) and the way we are playing (problems even before Romo left), we can't catch them. Of course, like you said, there are 7 weeks left and anything can happen. But right now, I think Dallas is looking at wild card. And to get that, Washington and Philly are going to have to lose as much as possible. Dallas has to climb out of the cellar in the East.

I am not sold on the Eagles either. They look good one week and then they look bad. They way they have played the last few games, I think they are about to be done with Reid, McNabb, etc.

You are right though, Seattle is terrible.

This is all moot if we don't beat Washingont Sunday night though.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    I know, I just think that with the way the Giants are playing right now (some sloppiness against the Eagles aside) and the way we are playing (problems even before Romo left), we can't catch them. Of course, like you said, there are 7 weeks left and anything can happen. But right now, I think Dallas is looking at wild card. And to get that, Washington and Philly are going to have to lose as much as possible. Dallas has to climb out of the cellar in the East.

I am not sold on the Eagles either. They look good one week and then they look bad. They way they have played the last few games, I think they are about to be done with Reid, McNabb, etc.

You are right though, Seattle is terrible.

This is all moot if we don't beat Washingont Sunday night though.
    you know the only problems i saw before romo's injury was their defense (particularly the rushing defense) and their offensive line. but they can do better... i know they can. just hoping it's not all moot as you say.

my bet on beating the giants is tearing up the shit out of eli manning (just like they tried with poor ol' brad johnson)... manning's not a consistently good qb. and still has problems with his turnovers... i say let them try and beat you with the rush... towards the end once eli has given up on the pass focus on stopping jacobs and crew... the problem is that they have 3 solid good runningbacks which makes them dangerous and difficult to slow down or tire them. but if anything stop eli manning and limit his td passes. try turning them to interceptions (of course, it's a long claim for the cowboys to attain given that they only have about 3 or 4 for the season.) and now that romo will return hopefully the offense can be clicking again and start averaging 28-30 ppg... with that kind of offense they can easily contend to beat the giants.
  • Options
    to get to Eli Manning you gotta go thru O'Hara, Seubert, Mackenzie, Diehl and the rest of that line.
    good luck with that ;)
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    stickboy wrote:
    to get to Eli Manning you gotta go thru O'Hara, Seubert, Mackenzie, Diehl and the rest of that line.
    good luck with that ;)

they're good, but the Cowboys did a good job getting pressure on Eli especially considering how long they were on the field for. if we had an offense that game, we would've been more rested throughout the game and gotten more pressure on Eli.

clearly the Giants O-Line is one of the best in the league, but I'd say their strong suit is definitely run-blocking, the pass-blocking hasn't shown me much (except the Steelers game, that was impressive)
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    they're good, but the Cowboys did a good job getting pressure on Eli especially considering how long they were on the field for. if we had an offense that game, we would've been more rested throughout the game and gotten more pressure on Eli.

clearly the Giants O-Line is one of the best in the league, but I'd say their strong suit is definitely run-blocking, the pass-blocking hasn't shown me much (except the Steelers game, that was impressive)
    yea they've had a few hiccups and miscues on the pass block but its not anything to really worry about. Im sure by the time playoffs come around we'll be alright
  • Options
    stylo17 wrote:

exactly...

i'm sure stickboy is a true fan... but sometimes fans tend to see the little negative aspects about their teams. i do it sometimes... more so with the spurs rather than the cowboys. well, at least right now i'm not denying anything about the spurs... they suck right now.

anyways... i'm still a little more scared about the giants running game... especially seeing the way steven jackson played against them... with 3 running backs that the giants have they're pretty scary. eli manning... not so much.