Options

The 2008 Dallas Cowboys road to the Super Bowl....

Comments

• Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    makes you wonder how different this game would be if Bollinger had started...
    yup

oh well, didn't really expect a win today anyway. glad we have our by week.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    the 2008 cowboys road to the super bowl goes through NY, Eli and the rest of the Giants....since we will have home field. maybe dallas can pay us back for upsetting them on their home turf last year, ha

ps- whats different from last years team to this years? nothing. the same overpriced, no heart, wanna-be superstars. and maybe one player who shouldnt be in the league and thinks hes amazing but gets beat every other play......hey, he might have a punt return td or two
    in a post dated 9-9-2008

last place in the nfc east, with 4 teams ahead of them...
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    well, nothing like a good spanking. I'll never lose faith in this team but I will criticize, except right now I wouldn't know where to start. oh boy.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    Too bad you can't change a name of a thread once it starts.

It should of been called ...

The 2008 Dallas Cowboys road to Nowhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQXsuAey-NE
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    The 2008 Dallas Cowboys road to the Super Bowl....

This is gonna be fun!!!!

And it looks to be easy....

Piping hot crow served each Sunday right here in this thread. Looks to be plenty to go around.
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Like I said, I never would have named the thread this. But aren't all teams on the road to the Super Bowl until they get eliminated?

But really, The Cowboys were missing a ton of players. The backup QB sucks ass. Just horrible. Bollinger wasn't much better but at least he could put something on the ball. I hope I never see Brad Johnson throw another pass again. Thank God for the bye week.

Gloat all you want Giants fans but you beat a shell of the Cowboys team today. Dallas never stood a chance and everyone knew it. And Giants fans should know better than anyone that the regular season doesn't mean much as long as you get in the playoffs.

Don't know what happens from here on out but at least we will be close to full stregth after the bye. Doesn't look good right now though.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I guess I didn't miss anything today while driving back from Atlanta, eh? At least the Drive-by Truckers rocked the fucking house last night.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    Seriously we are down, but not out. This is the kind of team that has to play hard every week just to get to the playoffs, will have to be healthy to do it, and IF that's the case, who's better than them when they are on a roll and healthy?
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    Seriously we are down, but not out. This is the kind of team that has to play hard every week just to get to the playoffs, will have to be healthy to do it, and IF that's the case, who's better than them when they are on a roll and healthy?

Why the fuck is the offensive line playing like shit??? We are supposed to have the most talented one in the league. ANd the defense... OMG does it suck. I know our secondary is depleted, but I think they'd still look completely clueless if we had everybody. I'm starting to think its the coaching.

On the upside, isn't it nice to have a reciever with hands like Roy Williams? When will felix jones be back? not like it will matter if the o-line continues to suck ass. If they can just return to the form of the 1st three weeks, our offense should be stellar (given that Romo doesn't fumble 4 times a game). OUr defense... fuck Terry Bradsahw said it right today, "they can't stop ANYBODY"
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    sing it with me now...

Turn the lights off...the parties oooooover....:D T.O is a muffin and a cup of coffee away from losing his mind :)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    sing it with me now...

Turn the lights off...the parties oooooover....:D T.O is a muffin and a cup of coffee away from losing his mind :)
    Just like he was supposed to last year, and the beginning of this year, and after the first loss, and the second loss......T.O. is handling it just fine and the fucked up thing about it, is that he should be exploding...nobody else is! but like he said, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't/.

Nobody's cuing up the fat lady over here just yet. After the break we should be getting a few key guys back....half our starters are injured
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    you can't put the Giants game on the defense. Listen up, when you're offense can't do A THING, and your D has to be on the field for FORTY-TWO plays in the FIRST HALF :eek: they will not stop anybody in the 4th quarter. by the way, SEVENTY PLAYS IN A GAME is considered a lot for a Defense to handle. Giants game was completely the offense's fault and the coaches for not pulling Brad out after that first pick (IT WAS A DAMN SLANT ROUTE HOW DO YOU MESS THAT UP?!)
    6/11/08 WPB

• Options
    chances the cowboys will go 7-0 for the rest of the season? if not 12-4, at least 11-5?
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    Why the fuck is the offensive line playing like shit??? We are supposed to have the most talented one in the league. ANd the defense... OMG does it suck. I know our secondary is depleted, but I think they'd still look completely clueless if we had everybody. I'm starting to think its the coaching.

On the upside, isn't it nice to have a reciever with hands like Roy Williams? When will felix jones be back? not like it will matter if the o-line continues to suck ass. If they can just return to the form of the 1st three weeks, our offense should be stellar (given that Romo doesn't fumble 4 times a game). OUr defense... fuck Terry Bradsahw said it right today, "they can't stop ANYBODY"
    i agree with you.... it's the coaching. and the offensive line in particular no. 76... flozzel adams... if it's not a ball snap it's a false start that he screws on every single freaking game. and i also felt since the beginning of the season that it was our defense and not the offense that was struggling. so in a way i felt that acquiring roy williams was a good move i felt it was more important to get a good defensive player.... the only best one we have is demarcus ware... and some solid blocker at the offensive line, maybe a better center.
  • Options
    chances the cowboys will go 7-0 for the rest of the season? if not 12-4, at least 11-5?

I think at best 11-5. of course 12-4 is still possible, but unlikely. if however they do lose more than 1 game, I hope they're all to AFC teams. we need to win our conference games, and ESPECIALLY our division games.
    6/11/08 WPB

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    it's over 'boys

sorry
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    stickboy wrote:
    it's over 'boys

sorry

for once I agree with you! :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    it's over 'boys

sorry

NEVER!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    stylo17 wrote:
    I think at best 11-5. of course 12-4 is still possible, but unlikely. if however they do lose more than 1 game, I hope they're all to AFC teams. we need to win our conference games, and ESPECIALLY our division games.

9-7 at best.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    NEVER!

You need to start by giving Wade Phillips his walking papers. Great D Coordinator, aweful head coach! You can't be a "nice guy" when you're overseeing high paid athletes. The guy has already been run out of Denver and Buffalo, so Dallas should take note!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    OVER?!?! Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    CServant wrote:
    You need to start by giving Wade Phillips his walking papers. Great D Coordinator, aweful head coach! You can't be a "nice guy" when you're overseeing high paid athletes. The guy has already been run out of Denver and Buffalo, so Dallas should take note!

i was so happy when he was made their head coach a couple years ago. please jerry, dont ever get rid of wade "i have never won a playoff game--ever" phillips!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    i was so happy when he was made their head coach a couple years ago. please jerry, dont ever get rid of wade "i have never won a playoff game--ever" phillips!

Just don't "upgrade" to Marty Shottenheimer... Ask Sandy Ego, K.C., or Cleveland about that guy! You'll win a playoff game and get oh so close...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    for once I agree with you! :D
    see? I knew we were cool! Now Ijust gotta get you to agree with me on the Philly thread.

You're cool people and I'm sorry that we have to beat your team next week. Hope we can still be friends afterwards :D
  • Options
    OVER?!?! Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    ahahahah
    nice one...reminds of when I go to the Ranger games and they show it on the scoreboard.

Sorry bro, but this time it really is over. Theres too many other teams competing and even if you were to fight for a wild card berth it would be tough.
  • Options
    9-7 at best.
    :rolleyes: typical philly comment
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    ahahahah
    nice one...reminds of when I go to the Ranger games and they show it on the scoreboard.

Sorry bro, but this time it really is over. Theres too many other teams competing and even if you were to fight for a wild card berth it would be tough.
    not too sound like overoptimistic and overly-biased jeagler here but.... as someone who ruthlessly criticizes the cowboys, i for one, do believe the cowboys are good enough to win their next 7 games... if that's not enough to send them into the playoffs then they simply tried their best.

look at the giants... i can see them going 12-4... and it's very likely that the cowboys can tie that record. the giants have the eagles, redskins and cowboys still left to play again for the rest of the season. that's 4 divisional games, and they would still have to face the cardinals and panthers... two teams which have proven themselves and are above .500. i can see the giants losing at least 3 of all these games very easily... making them 12-4.

the eagles also have 4 more divisional games ahead and considering that they're 5-3 they can easily lose 2 of these remaining games making them 11-5.

the redskins... now the redskins, these guys are the team that i'm more worried about. and i feel that this is the team the cowboys will have a tougher time overcoming... they always beat the cowboys for whatever reason... they simply do. but if the cowboys can tough it up and come after their bye week and beat the redskins at their home the redskins will fall to 6-4 tied with the cowboys. with two more divisonal games remaining and the rest against so-so teams. they also can end with 11-5 record as the eagles.

now the cowboys... if they simply do what they were expected to do i can see them winning all their games... but truth is they got one game against the steelers which is the one game that i fear will be the one that will take them out of the playoffs. i find that game just as important as their divisional games... really i find the rest of the games important and must-wins for the cowboys... if they only lose at least 1 game they'll end up with a 11-5 record and hoping that they win the eagles series... (which i'm very confident that when healthy they can) then they will be competing against the redskins for that playoff spot. so the next game is definitely a must win for the cowboys. but the next giant and eagles games i am simply not too worried about.

but put it this way... if the cowboys beat the redskins on nov 16 there is still a huge chance.
  • Options
    well I guess so. Anything can happen on any given sunday. I mean look at the giants last yr. After that Minnesota game Coach and Eli were practically ran out of town and doubtful they would even make the playoffs. We all know how that turned out ;)
    So yea anything is possible
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    ahahahah

;) same thing at the Wolf*Pack games.

If the Cowboys can beat the skins and snap out of this BS, they sure as hell can at 6-1 for the stretch
  • Options
    ;) same thing at the Wolf*Pack games.

If the Cowboys can beat the skins and snap out of this BS, they sure as hell can at 6-1 for the stretch
    Yall can beat the skins if the the same Skins showed up that played against Pittsburgh this monday night or the one we beat for the season opener.