The new 'I f***in' feeel like talking about 'Riot Act' thread.

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Fanch would say listening to Riot Act is a way of ending one's life. ;)

I'd say Fanch needs to learn a thing or two 'bout living. ;)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • I'll sign my support for Help, Help here.
    Great track.
    Love Mike's solo live.
    Jeff's line sounds better live too.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
    I'll sign my support for Help, Help here.
    Great track.
    Love Mike's solo live.
    Jeff's line sounds better live too.

The other day was the first time Help Help ever gave me chills. I have a new love for this song.

Oh man, I love this album. So fucking good.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Riot Act is cool. Better than Ten.
  • hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    Riot Act needs some love after people have been bashing it a little. It is a really good album
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
    hugepjfan wrote:
    Riot Act needs some love after people have been bashing it a little. It is a really good album

Damn straight. Keep the love of Riot Act going strong. This album is amazing.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I love, love, love Riot Act!!!! It was my first PJ album.....started what has become a 3.5 year addiction!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    Until "Pearl Jam" came out, RA was the first studio PJ album I would reach for. I love Can't Keep, Save You, Ghost, I am Mine, Thumbing, 1/2 and All or None. That's a lot of awesome songs for 1 album!
    HugePJFan
  • dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    the first three on this album rival no code for the best three opening songs.
    both have a similar format too.
    midtempo opener written by ed.
    fast second track that's a collaborative effort
    midtempo third track that has great lyrics
    dkfan9
    i remember the first night i listened to riot act and i was in bed and help help was on and it freaked me out.
    dkfan9
    dkfan9 wrote:
    the first three on this album rival no code for the best three opening songs.
    both have a similar format too.
    midtempo opener written by ed.
    fast second track that's a collaborative effort
    midtempo third track that has great lyrics

1st three on ten are pretty damn good though, and Vs. but still, you make a good point, those first 3 RA tracks are very fabulous
    HugePJFan
    Yea, just had Ghgost on, fucking amazing.
    BEST PRODUCED ALBUM!!!... EVER!

Adam Kasper rawks!

:D

i might have to agree here.
    at least the best produced pearl jam album.
    dkfan9
    yosi wrote:
    Yea, just had Ghgost on, fucking amazing.

I really love Ghost, it is one of my favorite "sleeper" PJ songs ever. So under rated, under played, under everything. Great fucking riff with spectacular lyrics "Love is deep, did it out, standing in hole alone, searching for something one will never know, a place in the clouds, good place to hide on my own" that was done by pure memory so it might have a couple errors:)

Tv, she talks to me. breaking news and builing walls..."
    HugePJFan
    hugepjfan wrote:
    I really love Ghost, it is one of my favorite "sleeper" PJ songs ever. So under rated, under played, under everything. Great fucking riff with spectacular lyrics "Love is deep, did it out, standing in hole alone, searching for something one will never know, a place in the clouds, good place to hide on my own" that was done by pure memory so it might have a couple errors:)

Tv, she talks to me. breaking news and builing walls..."

and then:
    sellin me
    what i don't need
    i never knew soap makes you taller

that song is a great lyrical song.
    dkfan9
    dkfan9 wrote:
    and then:
    sellin me
    what i don't need
    i never knew soap makes you taller

that song is a great lyrical song.

Yeah, bring it on, I'm no victim! What does he mean by soap makes you taller? i've always been a bit confused about that.
    HugePJFan
    hugepjfan wrote:
    Yeah, bring it on, I'm no victim! What does he mean by soap makes you taller? i've always been a bit confused about that.

It's referencing the last line(selling me what i don't need).
    It's saying how commercials will say anything for you to buy a certain product. I think this is one of their most misunderstood lines.
    dkfan9
    dkfan9 wrote:
    It's referencing the last line(selling me what i don't need).
    It's saying how commercials will say anything for you to buy a certain product. I think this is one of their most misunderstood lines.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA, VERY GOOD makes perfect sense. thanks, now it makes the song even better for me. i've been wondering about that for a while, thanks again!
    HugePJFan
  • I love Riot Act just as much as all the others! I honestly don't have a favourite, they all mean so much to me in their own different ways. Ten will always be what hooked me, but the others kept me hooked. And now this new album, within less than a week, has achieved that same status for me, so they really keep on going. Similar to the Energizer bunny. :D
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
    Similar to the Energizer bunny. :D

Nice metaphor :)
    I love Riot Act just as much as all the others! I honestly don't have a favourite, they all mean so much to me in their own different ways. Ten will always be what hooked me, but the others kept me hooked. And now this new album, within less than a week, has achieved that same status for me, so they really keep on going. Similar to the Energizer bunny. :D

Isn't it so good being a die hard PJ fan. Outsiders don't understand, but they give us true fans so much to appreciate and think about. Every Fucking album. then this. their 8th, jsut as good as any of them....what can you say? they are amazing and i'm lucky to be at the perfect age to suck it all in, as much as i can, for as long as i can!
    HugePJFan
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    Riot Act took me a while to really get into but, I think its a fine album, great production. It makes for a great listening experience.

Two Thumbs WAY up for Riot Act.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
    Riot Act took me a while to really get into but, I think its a fine album, great production. It makes for a great listening experience.

Nice we're all about RA love, keep it coming! Maybe we'll catch the Official talk about fucking Yield thread
    HugePJFan

I feel the same way. I wasn't impressed at first, just like No Code, but now it's one of my favorites.
    No Code rocks my world too. I'm glad they are busting out Present Tense. I hope they don't put Off He Goes away though. The Off He Goes off of the Beneroyal CD is legendary.
    HugePJFan
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I really don't understand the flack that Riot Act recieves. There really isn't any bad songs at all to me. There are so many great songs. Love Boat Captain, Save You, Ghost, You Are, Cropduster, All or None, Thumbing My Way, Can't Keep...should I continue because i'll probably name the entire freaking album. On a rainy day espiecally, its just perfect.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
    I really don't understand the flack that Riot Act recieves. There really isn't any bad songs at all to me. There are so many great songs. Love Boat Captain, Save You, Ghost, You Are, Cropduster, All or None, Thumbing My Way, Can't Keep...should I continue because i'll probably name the entire freaking album. On a rainy day espiecally, its just perfect.

i almost completely agree with you, don't get me wrong I truly love it, but arc, help help and bushleaguer are sometimes skipped. You are, except for the part where they have that really cool breakdown, I think, is a little on the weak side. I put it above Vit. and Binaural though.
    HugePJFan
    And everyone is missing the album highlight, Get Right!
    So get it right ;)
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Why love "Riot Act" reason #38: Jeff's bass break in the middle of "Save You."
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
    get right is cool, but i like the fact they have a get right t shirt. my buddy has it, it has a giant huka, if i can remember correctly, on it
    HugePJFan