purses at shows....

12346»

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    stickboy wrote:
    they have these things called Fanny packs. Think I'm gonna buy one for Helen next tour :)

Like the fanny pack pegasus wears to shows?! now THAT girl has the right idea!!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Like the fanny pack pegasus wears to shows?! now THAT girl has the right idea!!!!! :D
    I dont know if I ever met pegasus, but sounds like shes a smart girl ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    that makes total sense. if u are at a festival or whatever and actually carry stuff you NEED and USE then yes. Totally get it. Its those damn chicks that have the huge glamorous purses and just wear them without ever having to open them for anything! i have a friend that carries a HUGE purse and she has JUNK in there and she even says she doesnt know why she carries it cuz she needs nothing in there!!!! :eek: do u ever worry about getting ringworm at shows????????????
    does she carry it to the pit at shows? To be honest, I've never seen a designer bag in a pit :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • stickboy wrote:
    they have these things called Fanny packs. Think I'm gonna buy one for Helen next tour :)
    No need... I've enough bags :) but thanks anyway. Besides, I'm not sure a 'fanny pack' as you call it (still have to laugh hysterically at that one :D ) would be big enough for all my stuff.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    No need... I've enough bags :) but thanks anyway. Besides, I'm not sure a 'fanny pack' as you call it (still have to laugh hysterically at that one :D ) would be big enough for all my stuff.
    THIS is a fanny pack!!!! :eek:

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• SENROCK! wrote:
    THIS is a fanny pack!!!! :eek:
    I know :D but it means something completely different this side of the pond... COMPLETELY different! Anyway, you won't catch me in one of those :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • does she carry it to the pit at shows? To be honest, I've never seen a designer bag in a pit :confused:
    Look for me next tour in the front row Helen. I'll pop your designer bag in the pit cherry. :) but I'll leave the big ones at home. I don't want to offend anyone. ;)
  • I went to a show the other night and took a teeny tiny little purse that hangs diagonally across my body. It's perfect for ID, money and lipgloss and stashables. There was some dumbass girl with a gigantic purse squeezing her way to the stage. She probably had hard backed two books in there as well as her dinner. It totally made me think of this topic and how cool I was because I didn't have a gigantic pain-in-the-ass bag. :D
  • Look for me next tour in the front row Helen. I'll pop your designer bag in the pit cherry. :) but I'll leave the big ones at home. I don't want to offend anyone. ;)
    :D well my bag and your designer bag can get together and we can dance around them :) sound fun? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    hahah
    well then you can buy TWO fanny packs

or a Double XL one with a few hideaway compartments, lol!
    :)
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i bring my ticket and maybe a few bucks in my pocket. I mean you cant even jump with a purse on!.. i don't even like bringing my phone unless it will fit in my pocket :P
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I don't like to carry a purse even if a show is seated because I don't want to have to worry about it. I try to wear cargo pants or shorts and just put my stuff in my pockets.

When I went to ACL fest in September I took a small bag but I still had my wallet in one cargo pocket and some stuff in the other one. At the gate they made me empty my pockets because they thought I might be smuggling in a flask! You could buy alcohol inside but you couldn't bring it in or take it out. My husband could not stop laughing because I don't even drink! :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    pants or shorts with side pockets are the way to go

u got roomfor your keys, camera, money and other small shit,
    leave the rest of the shit in your car, hotel or home..makes much more sense ;)
  • stickboy wrote:
    hahah
    well then you can buy TWO fanny packs

or a Double XL one with a few hideaway compartments, lol!
    :)
    :D that sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disgustingly wrong :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • i bring my ticket and maybe a few bucks in my pocket. I mean you cant even jump with a purse on!.. i don't even like bringing my phone unless it will fit in my pocket :P
    I never have a problem jumping :) and maybe I'm wrong, but nobody's ever complained about my bag... I could even take the hint from a dirty look here and there or maybe an elbow on the sly... but nope, nothing!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :D that sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disgustingly wrong :D
    damn..I didnt mean it to come out wrong, lol... wonder what YOU'RE thinking about?!?! :D
  • stickboy wrote:
    damn..I didnt mean it to come out wrong, lol... wonder what YOU'RE thinking about?!?! :D
    :D the word 'fanny' on this side of the pond is a slang term for 'the female genetalia'

Which is why Enid Blyton books were soooooooooooo filthy :D Dick AND Fanny???? :D cmon... that's just genius.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :D the word 'fanny' on this side of the pond is a slang term for 'the female genetalia'

Which is why Enid Blyton books were soooooooooooo filthy :D Dick AND Fanny???? :D cmon... that's just genius.
    oh shit! I forgot bout that! lmao!
    I went to a show the other night and took a teeny tiny little purse that hangs diagonally across my body. It's perfect for ID, money and lipgloss and stashables. There was some dumbass girl with a gigantic purse squeezing her way to the stage. She probably had hard backed two books in there as well as her dinner. It totally made me think of this topic and how cool I was because I didn't have a gigantic pain-in-the-ass bag. :D

applause applause!!!!! :D

• I went to a New Kids On The Block concert last night.
    *hangs head in shame*
    ...but that's not the point.

I was AMAZED at all the girls in heels with huge purses. And not just cheap, crappy purses either. I'm talking Coach, Louis Vuitton, Fendi....purses that if something ever spilled on it, you'd be pissed. I can't imagine going to a show like that.

Not to mention, i realized while standing in the middle of it all, i'm totally NOT a "woo girl".

Anyway, yeah. No purses at shows for me.
  • I went to a New Kids On The Block concert last night.
    *hangs head in shame*
    ...but that's not the point.

I was AMAZED at all the girls in heels with huge purses. And not just cheap, crappy purses either. I'm talking Coach, Louis Vuitton, Fendi....purses that if something ever spilled on it, you'd be pissed. I can't imagine going to a show like that.

Not to mention, i realized while standing in the middle of it all, i'm totally NOT a "woo girl".

Anyway, yeah. No purses at shows for me.
    it was new kids on the block for gods sake :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    what's the verdict on fanny packs?

acceptable or unacceptable?
  • what's the verdict on fanny packs?

well, since over here they're associated with American tourists and middle aged people, I guess it depends on who you ask :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    well, since over here they're associated with American tourists and middle aged people, I guess it depends on who you ask :o

so if i was in europe, i would get showered in trash if i rolled into a PJ concert with a fanny pack loaded with granola bars, juicy juice, maps, passport, tissues, and whatever the hell else you can fit in those things?
  • it was new kids on the block for gods sake :D

Yeah...i should''ve known better.
  • what's the verdict on fanny packs?

My mom wears a fanny pack everyday. They may be useful but they look ridiculous. lol
  • angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    My mom wears a fanny pack everyday. They may be useful but they look ridiculous. lol

Yeah the last time I wore one was in the 80's. I think they are goofy looking, I rather just bring a small shoulder bag/messenger bag
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • so if i was in europe, i would get showered in trash if i rolled into a PJ concert with a fanny pack loaded with granola bars, juicy juice, maps, passport, tissues, and whatever the hell else you can fit in those things?
    :confused: why? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    so if i was in europe, i would get showered in trash if i rolled into a PJ concert with a fanny pack loaded with granola bars, juicy juice, maps, passport, tissues, and whatever the hell else you can fit in those things?

:eek: i dont think fanny packs fit THAT much stuff!!! :eek: