KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    American Psycho on Blu-ray

the movie kicks ass but the Bluray was only a slight improvement over the DVD version.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Cloverfield...and I think it traumatized me.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    The Karate Kid

blast from the past :)

sweep the leg
  • Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    I was in the room just now when my twins watched Drake And Josh Go Hollywood. It was reasonably enjoyable.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
    The Karate Kid

sweep the leg
    strike first, strike hard, no mercy sir
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    Gold 26 wrote:
    I was in the room just now when my twins watched Drake And Josh Go Hollywood. It was reasonably enjoyable.
    my daughter loves that show and sometimes find myself not wanting to change the channel
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    I just watched Superbad. It was really stupid but pretty funny, too.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

Phillip Seymour Hoffman, besides having a kickass name, is such a great actor.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Theatre: Harold and Kumar Escape...
    Home: Devil and Daniel Johnston (Amazing!!)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Once

good movie.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    The Karate Kid

sweep the leg
    There's a band called Sweep the leg, Johnny. I think that might just be the coolest name ever.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    There's a band called Sweep the leg, Johnny. I think that might just be the coolest name ever.

see, now that is awesome!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • VartVart Posts: 291
    I watched A V P R this weekend. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. If you haven't seen it, don't waste money renting it. Wait until it comes on HBO.
    PJ: 8/27/00 4/29/03 9/15/05 5/12/06 6/28/08 6/30/08 8/21/09 5/15/10 5/21/10 9/11/11 9/12/11 9/14/11 10/25/13 10/27/13 10/29/13 10/30/13 8/5/16 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18
    EV: 8/09/08 8/10/08 6/08/09 6/09/09 6/18/11
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Stayed home today because I worked all weekend. Got to finally watch "The Bourne Ultimatum". More of Matt Damon being a badass. Great final to the trilogy.
  • GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
    watched Gone Baby Gone the other night. it was pretty good.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    see, now that is awesome!
    I just listened to one of their albums. Awesome stuff. I was worried they couldn't possibly be as cool as their name :p
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I just listened to one of their albums. Awesome stuff. I was worried they couldn't possibly be as cool as their name :p

Which is often the case.

I'll have to look them up now. :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    American Gangster

it was okay- I was expecting more
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    A band called No More Kings had a song titled "Sweep the Leg, Johnny" and they might just have made the coolest music video ever if you are a Karate Kid fan! http://www.sweeptheleg.com (then click enter the site and the video should play)

Awesome music video! :D:D

For thread integrity: I'm off to watch Superbad again, so read this post again in a couple of hours ;):p:)
  • There Will Be Blood.

Apparently it's a love it or hate it film, but I'm on the 'masterpiece' side of the fence. One of the most brilliantly executed films I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. Daniel Day-Lewis was absolutely chilling and this role will go down in history. Paul Dano as Eli was absolutely believable as well as the psychotic preacher, showing a complete contrast to his role as the emo kid in Little Miss Sunshine, and held his own against Daniel Day-Lewis impressively. They were matched perfectly against each other for their continuous power struggle and it worked beautifully on-screen. It had a very intriguing story and an ending that will stay with me for a long time to come. Who knew there was a more practical use for a bowling pin? :D
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    The Hunger... it's a film from 1983, Bowie...Susan Sarandon...

it's a pretty interesting film.
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    Savages -- Phillip Seymour Hoffman is amazing. He reaffirmed his position as one of the best actors of his generation.

I'd definitely recommend this movie. Its a dark comedy about two narcissistic siblings who are plucked away from their lives to take care of their dying father.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    My wife is watching East Is East for like the 177th time......
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Sadly, I am Legend. What a vastly inferior version of 28 Days Later. Booooooooooo!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Little Miss Sunshine at 5am sunday.
    it was freakin GREAT! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Little Miss Sunshine at 5am sunday.
    it was freakin GREAT! :D

Now that is a great fuckin' flick.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Now that is a great fuckin' flick.
    it is isnt it! I hadd never heard of it. After we were done playing LOTERIAAAAA!!!!!! my friend was like hey, lets watch Little Miss Sunshine! I just laughed and was like um........okay? I was hooked from beginning to end! The grampa was CLASSIC. Especially the dance he taught his granddaughter!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    SENROCK! wrote:
    it is isnt it! I hadd never heard of it. After we were done playing LOTERIAAAAA!!!!!! my friend was like hey, lets watch Little Miss Sunshine! I just laughed and was like um........okay? I was hooked from beginning to end! The grampa was CLASSIC. Especially the dance he taught his granddaughter!!!! :D

I loved that dance! She was so innocent too doing it.

I just saw In Bruges -- very good black comedy. Colin Farrell is so cute. I don't think the movie was widely distributed, but it should have been.
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    SENROCK! wrote:

you never heard of this movie? that's just crazy
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.