Options

anyone else dislike this time of year ?

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    well the 1 positive thing is my bday is the 26th :)
    31 holy crap
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    The Day wrote:
    i hate the gift bullshit

as well as the fact that you spend hours prepping for a meal that ends in 30 minutes

i wish more people saw it my way... just another day off

Xmas meals last hours and hours in my family. And each prepares something so taht nobody has too much to do.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    everybody is all uptight over gifts,, who wants what ,i want this
    blah blah

plus the weather stinks
    plus their are way too many tourists in nyc

just a horrible time of the year ,very depressing

i know i sound like scrooge,,but its the truth

i know what you mean, i've been having this persistent cold for over a fucking month now. and something is going really horribly wrong with my voice, i'd say my voice was breaking and changing into a more male voice instead of a boy's, but i'm not a man and i'm already 20.

instead of sounding like a nice young woman, i sound like a fucking trash whore that drinks and smokes!!! :eek:
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    well the 1 positive thing is my bday is the 26th :)
    31 holy crap

Happy Birthday (almost)...Don't feel bad, I will be 31 in March...It could be worse!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,307
    yeah i used to like this time of yr when my kids were younger but i can't say i hate it besides me and my siblings agreed to just give gifts to the children only ,easy enough to do that .....i just don't like the crowds and traffic
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    We drove to Boston and back. CD player in the car is broken. Endured hours of Christmas music. I thought my husband would either puke or throw himself out of the car.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday (almost)...Don't feel bad, I will be 31 in March...It could be worse!!

thanx :)
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    The weather is good. A tad more snow and it would be great. I can do without the same old Christmas tunes over and over and over and over and over again. I don't worry what to get people so that aspect of the season dosen't bother me.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    i kinda like this time of year.

for one, its great to stay home feeling all cosy

for two, comfort food.

for three, time off work

finally, spending time with friends and family, people pulling together, etc.

and last of all, catching up on sleep.

:)
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    We drove to Boston and back. CD player in the car is broken. Endured hours of Christmas music. I thought my husband would either puke or throw himself out of the car.

My car CD player is broken too. it's such a bummer.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    everybody is all uptight over gifts,, who wants what ,i want this
    blah blah

plus the weather stinks
    plus their are way too many tourists in nyc

just a horrible time of the year ,very depressing

i know i sound like scrooge,,but its the truth

I'm with you! I can't stand this time of year for the same reasons as you. I can't wait for the new year! As far as the tourists are concerned, I found myself in Times Square last night, what a freakin' nightmare!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I'm with you! I can't stand this time of year for the same reasons as you. I can't wait for the new year! As far as the tourists are concerned, I found myself in Times Square last night, what a freakin' nightmare!!!

times square!!!!!!!!!!! i hope it was a good reason
  • Options
    just went for a smoke,,and the seaport has these horrible xmas tunes blasting out of speakers
    now i will here the same 20 songs for 1 month

another good thing
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    mookie9999 wrote:

i'm indifferent to it. i get gifts at my own pace and laugh when i see or read the black friday stories.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:

Oh dammit. I better not walk around with an 'I love New York' T-Shirt then if I visit, in case I get punched in the face. :o
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    times square!!!!!!!!!!! i hope it was a good reason

Went to some 70's show featuring Barry Williams (Greg Brady). So no, it wasn't a good reason, it was a fucking nightmare!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Went to some 70's show featuring Barry Williams (Greg Brady). So no, it wasn't a good reason, it was a fucking nightmare!

..................speechless.............................
  • Options
    Oh dammit. I better not walk around with an 'I love New York' T-Shirt then if I visit, in case I get punched in the face. :o

Oh no. You'll be fine. With the amount of people wearing those shirts my arms would fall off if I punched all of them. ;) If you want to be different and not get punched wear a CBGB's t-shirt. :D;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options

lol leave that shirt home
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Oh no. You'll be fine. With the amount of people wearing those shirts my arms would fall off if I punched all of them. ;) If you want to be different and not get punched wear a CBGB's t-shirt. :D;)

whats up with that? lol thats the new thing since it shut down
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:

How would your arms fall off from punching too much? That sounds like a lie to me.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ..................speechless.............................

You want speechless, have Greg Brady come out for his first song singing I'm Greg Brady to the music of "The Real Slim Shady". It went something like:

I'm Greg Brady
    Yes I'm the real Brady
    So all you other Brady's are just imitating
    So all the fake Brady's please shut up, please shut up, please shut up

Followed by an attempt at rapping which included joking about how his tv dad was gay and dead. It was bizarre. Last night was the first time I wish I still got stoned, cause if I was it would have been one of the greatest shows ever!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    How would your arms fall off from punching too much? That sounds like a lie to me.

You got me.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    You want speechless, have Greg Brady come out for his first song singing I'm Greg Brady to the music of "The Real Slim Shady". It went something like:

I'm Greg Brady
    Yes I'm the real Brady
    So all you other Brady's are just imitating
    So all the fake Brady's please shut up, please shut up, please shut up

Followed by an attempt at rapping which included joking about how his tv dad was gay and dead. It was bizarre. Last night was the first time I wish I still got stoned, cause if I was it would have been one of the greatest shows ever!

u cant be serious??and if u are....
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    u cant be serious??and if u are....

http://www.growingup70s.com/

Read it and weep.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    You got me.

You just can't be bothered to make anything up. :D

Seriously though. Isn't CBGB's the old club where lots of famous bands used to play?
    Why do people keep wearing the T-Shirts? Is it to look cool, like the Motorhead, 'Rock Bitch' T-Shirts?
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:

ok here's the next question...... W H Y ??????????????????????/

i mean i grew up w/ the brady's also but cmon

i would imagine the girl had something to do with this ??? i hope
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

i would imagine the girl had something to do with this ??? i hope

DING DING DING

Actually it was a combo of her wanting to see it along with getting tickets for $4 that played into the mix. All joking aside, the second half of the show was them mostly singing hits of the 70's, which while may sound like a nightmare, was actually far better than the first half.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    its amazing what we have to deal with :)

these girls are crazy lol

mookie,, are u a dancing queen?
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

mookie,, are u a dancing queen?

Young and sweet, only seventeen.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"