Options

anyone else dislike this time of year ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Jealous...
    I'll take pictures. :)
    Don't be jealous. Didn't you say you have lots of sushi close by?
    This place is so cool. There are hundreds of paper cranes hanging over the sushi bar.
    And when you celebrate your birthday, they take a polaroid and hang it on the wall in the hallway to the bathrooms. I am on there! :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    just got 3 emails asking the "what should i get " question ughhhhhhhh
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    This is what we did in this house the last couple of years and the husband loves it.
    I alway dislike when someone asks me what I would like. I get embarassed and don't like to ask for things. Well the last couple of years he told me to just pick out a bunch of stuff and email him the links. From the sublime to the spectacular. lol And he would pick from that. Last year he just went to Sak's with all sorts of xeroxed sheets and handed them to the women behind the counter. Easy peasy. And he didn't have to stress.
    We won't be doing that this year. I think we are going to get a couch. lol
    You will make her feel at ease if you just send her a whole bunch of links and she can pick out what she wants to get you. You can't change her. She wants to get you something nice. Don't let your thoughts get in the way of her being happy. Just do it and be done with it.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    This is what we did in this house the last couple of years and the husband loves it.
    I alway dislike when someone asks me what I would like. I get embarassed and don't like to ask for things. Well the last couple of years he told me to just pick out a bunch of stuff and email him the links. From the sublime to the spectacular. lol And he would pick from that. Last year he just went to Sak's with all sorts of xeroxed sheets and handed them to the women behind the counter. Easy peasy. And he didn't have to stress.
    We won't be doing that this year. I think we are going to get a couch. lol
    You will make her feel at ease if you just send her a whole bunch of links and she can pick out what she wants to get you. You can't change her. She wants to get you something nice. Don't let your thoughts get in the way of her being happy. Just do it and be done with it.

but its not one person,,it seems like everyone i know is obsessed with this
    i dont get it , just buy a gift with a gift receipt,if the person doesnt like it they return it or throw it out ,but whatever just wake me dec 26
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    TrixieCat wrote:
    ...they take a polaroid and hang it on the wall in the hallway to the bathrooms. I am on there! :)

Forget the hallway, you should see the one they have of you IN the men's bathroom! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Forget the hallway, you should see the one they have of you IN the men's bathroom! ;)

call here :) lol
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    call here :) lol

I see you've been there as well. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I see you've been there as well. :D

no no i dont eat sushi,, actually i think its gross

on a side note,, im stuuffing my face w/ chipotle as i type
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    NY PJ1 wrote:

People asking what they should give you? Tell them to give you gift cards.

Personally I like receiving gift cards, and I like giving them. I don't get the whole mentality that it means you didn't think enough. I'm practical and would rather allow the person to select something they'd like.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    People asking what they should give you? Tell them to give you gift cards.

Personally I like receiving gift cards, and I like giving them. I don't get the whole mentality that it means you didn't think enough. I'm practical and would rather allow the person to select something they'd like.

its not even for me its for family memebers ,friends ,gf

when they ask me i say i want nothing lol simple

my biggest problem is ,,no one can have a normal convo this time of the year
    its all directly related towards xmas
    trees gifts plans ,,

lets say hello first then we can talk about it lol
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    no one can have a normal convo this time of the year
    its all directly related towards xmas
    trees gifts plans ,,

lets say hello first then we can talk about it lol

There's always the option of converting to Jehovah's Witness! They have that nice building just up the street from your office. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    There's always the option of converting to Jehovah's Witness! They have that nice building just up the street from your office. :D

i pass it often and think about it lol