Options

Alex Jones

ForestBrainForestBrain Posts: 460
edited June 2008 in A Moving Train
Thoughts?
When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    "Sex bomb, sex bomb, your my sex bomb and baby you can turn me on."

What's not to love?

Oh... Alex Jones. Sorry, continue :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    He's younger than I am, but looks about fifty-five. All that screaming about the NWO and school army drills must put a bit of weight on a man's heart.
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    He's younger than I am, but looks about fifty-five. All that screaming about the NWO and school army drills must put a bit of weight on a man's heart.

damn... i just looked at his birthday, and he is only six months older than me.... he looks like he could be my dad's age.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    He was good as a manic street preacher behind the wheel of a car in the movie 'Waking Life'.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    He brings up good points. However, there's a thin line between bringing up fine points and being paranoid---I think he is the latter.
  • Options
    I could show you guys a video of him that would probably knock your pants off. He goes fucking nuts!

I used to frequent his material about a year ago, I might click on his site may be one every few months, or less, out of idle curiosity.

He necessary, but he gets over the top sometimes.

The thing is, if he's right, and he is right for sure about more than a few things, can people afford not to be aware of what he's saying? That's the question.

He's pulling for the little guy. Who can fault him for that?

If he were to get one in a hundred right, it more than validates his work for me, although it's much higher than that.

Just remember he gets borderline evangelical sometimes. That's all.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    in my OPINOIN I think he's full of it.
  • Options
    gvn2fly74 wrote:
    in my OPINOIN I think he's full of it.

So you trust the government more is what you're saying?

one is right...one is wrong...

It can't be both ways at the same time.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    So you trust the government more is what you're saying?

one is right...one is wrong...

It can't be both ways at the same time.

Those aren't the only 2 options. Somehow you are unable to see beyond lying governments vs looney kooks. There are also rational voices out there.

When Alex and prisonplanet were wrong about Hillary & Obama crashing the Bildeburg show, did that mean the government was right? Nope. The governement had nothing to do with it. It just meant that Alex was wrong. Alex can be wrong without any judgement about the government.

Alex can also be wrong about 9/11 being an inside job at the same time the government lies about not knowing anything was about to happen. Both can be wrong!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Those aren't the only 2 options. Somehow you are unable to see beyond lying governments vs looney kooks. There are also rational voices out there.

When Alex and prisonplanet were wrong about Hillary & Obama crashing the Bildeburg show, did that mean the government was right? Nope. The governement had nothing to do with it. It just meant that Alex was wrong. Alex can be wrong without any judgement about the government.

Alex can also be wrong about 9/11 being an inside job at the same time the government lies about not knowing anything was about to happen. Both can be wrong!

Of course generalizations are in order. It's big picture stuff. I though most people would imply it automatically.

Perhaps I should have set out a detailed list of criteria.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    I think what you're going to find in this thread is someone agreeing with certain aspects of Alex, and someone calling that person crazy...

huge surprise.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    holy shit he's only 34???

jesus... i thought he was 50.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    jeffbr wrote:

thank you!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676
    Alex Jones liable for defamation in Sandy Hook 'hoax' case
    By DAVE COLLINS
    1 minute ago

A Connecticut judge found Infowars host Alex Jones liable by default Monday in a defamation lawsuit brought by parents of children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting over the conspiracy theorist's claims that the massacre was a hoax.

The ruling by the judge, who cited Jones' refusal to abide by court rulings or turn over evidence, means a jury will determine how much in damages Jones should pay to the families.

Shortly after the judge’s decision, Jones went on his show and said he’d been deprived of a fair trial.

“These individuals, again, are not allowing me to have a jury trial because they know the things they said I supposedly did didn’t happen,” he said. “They know they don’t have a case for damages. And so the judge is saying you are guilty of damages, now a jury decides how guilty you are. It’s not guilty until proven guilty.”

Judge Barbara Bellis took the rare step of issuing a default judgment in the case because she said Jones and his companies, Infowars and Free Speech Systems, had failed to turn over documents including records that might have showed how, and if, they had profited from spreading misinformation about the school shooting and other mass killings.

Messages seeking comment were sent to Jones' lawyers. They have denied violating court rules on document disclosure and have asked that Bellis be removed from the case, alleging she has not been impartial. It wasn't clear if they planned to appeal the default judgment.

The ruling has the same outcome as a jury determining the case in favor of the families. A jury will now determine the damages.

Twenty first-graders and six educators were killed in the December 2012 shooting. The gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, killed his mother at their Newtown home before the shooting, and killed himself at the school as police arrived, officials said.

The shooting was portrayed on Jones’ Infowars show as a hoax involving actors aimed at increasing gun control. Jones has since acknowledged the school shooting did occur.

continues.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited November 2021

damn... i just looked at his birthday, and he is only six months older than me.... he looks like he could be my dad's age.
    Yeah, that is shocking. He's only a year and a half older than me?! Wtf? He looks like 60+ years old.... lol. That's satisfying. That fucker.
    I'm so glad he's been found liable.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, that is shocking. He's only a year and a half older than me?! Wtf? He looks like 60+ years old.... lol. That's satisfying. That fucker.

Knowing my illness has aged me in several ways — certainly in my outward appearance — I find it kind of sad that someone who thought little of me would find satisfaction in that.

This has nothing to do with my views of this particular man, FYI. I was just struck — not offended — by the comment. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Knowing my illness has aged me in several ways — certainly in my outward appearance — I find it kind of sad that someone who thought little of me would find satisfaction in that.

This has nothing to do with my views of this particular man, FYI. I was just struck — not offended — by the comment. 
    i would imagine anyone who thought little of you wouldn't put you in the same stratosphere as alex jones. there's a massive difference here....in my opinion. 

I look at it more of a cartoonish witch aging unnaturally by choice of being evil, rather that someone aging as a result of something out of their control. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:

i would imagine anyone who thought little of you wouldn't put you in the same stratosphere as alex jones. there's a massive difference here....in my opinion. 

I look at it more of a cartoonish witch aging unnaturally by choice of being evil, rather that someone aging as a result of something out of their control. 

reports of his drinking certainly suggest alcoholism.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:

who cares. I think what's important here is the intent of the poster and what they meant. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:

who cares. I think what's important here is the intent of the poster and what they meant. 

as an alcoholic myself, I dont care how vile a human being might be. I dont wish that on anyone.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Makes sense.

And I got the intent! Like I said, nothing against PJS; the comment itself brought that to mind. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,673
    From NY Times:
    AUSTIN, Texas — A jury in Texas awarded the parents of a child killed in the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School more than $4 million in compensatory damages from the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defaming them by spreading lies that they were complicit in a government plot to stage the shooting as a pretext for gun control.

And more trials to come.  Nail that S.O.B.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    brianlux said:
    From NY Times:
    AUSTIN, Texas — A jury in Texas awarded the parents of a child killed in the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School more than $4 million in compensatory damages from the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defaming them by spreading lies that they were complicit in a government plot to stage the shooting as a pretext for gun control.

I’ve been casually following this, didn’t he say that a $2M settlement would “break them” meaning his Info Wars org? 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,673
    brianlux said:
    From NY Times:

I’ve been casually following this, didn’t he say that a $2M settlement would “break them” meaning his Info Wars org? 

I haven't heard that but I can't imagine that to be.  Jones at times has made 10's of thousands of dollars per day at times.  I'm guessing he has tons of money stashed away.  In any case, I hope these court cased sink this disgusting cretin of a human being.
    Is referring to him as a "human being" being too nice?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    From NY Times:

I haven't heard that but I can't imagine that to be.  Jones at times has made 10's of thousands of dollars per day at times.  I'm guessing he has tons of money stashed away.  In any case, I hope these court cased sink this disgusting cretin of a human being.
    It’s hidden at this point unfortunately and he saw this coming 

bankruptcy filing made by Free Speech Systems indicated that $62 million in assets had been withdrawn from the company in 2021 and 2022.
      "If you look at the bankruptcy filing, leading up to the declaration of bankruptcy, Alex Jones, the sole owner [of Free Speech Systems], took $62 million in draws in 2021 and 2022," Moshenberg told CNN. "Just straight up draws. That's why the company has few assets."

the punitive damages should come in far higher. I doubt the families will ever see a dime.  
      Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    • Options
      brianlux said:
      From NY Times:

he did make that claim.

• Options
      brianlux said:
      brianlux said:
      From NY Times:

100's of thousands Brian.

one disclosed email revealed in one day the company made 800k.