Fox News

Fighting HellfishFighting Hellfish Posts: 3,166
edited July 2016 in A Moving Train
[ORIGINAL POST FROM 2006]

How many disgraced pols can these guys bring in? I think they are the highest rated 24 hour news network. Yet, it seems like every person they hire is a disgraced politician. last night they had Tom Delay on, saying he has no ethical problems. tonight it's Bernie Kerik. geez, is no one too radioactive for Fox News? bernie kerik? Where to begin? The guy only became famous because he happened to know how Rudy giuliani liked his coffee. Now he's got infidelity, mafia, tax, and of course, nanny scandals. add these two to Ollie North, G Gordon Liddy, and all the other "contributors". Like Phone Sex Bill O'Reilly. Is it just that there isn't anyone with a clean record who can come on and say how great Bush is?
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• But Fox news has NEVER been about true journalism. These people are usually designated as "contributors". They don't know the frist thing (oops, freudian slip ?) about objectivity or impartiality. The only thing I give them credit for is openly announcing their biases and prejudices before-hand.
  • But Fox news has NEVER been about true journalism. These people are usually designated as "contributors". They don't know the frist thing (oops, freudian slip ?) about objectivity or impartiality. The only thing I give them credit for is openly announcing their biases and prejudices before-hand.
    That's only youre opinion dude.Fox news unlike cnn and that BBCC Crap is about portaying the view's of real American's and those who truly care about the progress of there country. If u dont like it, then you will probally enjoy El Jezra or some piece of shit like that.
    I’d thank my lucky stars,
    to be livin here today.
    ‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
    and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
    where at least I know I’m free.
    And I wont forget the men who died,
    who gave that right to me.
  • miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    But Fox news has NEVER been about true journalism. These people are usually designated as "contributors". They don't know the frist thing (oops, freudian slip ?) about objectivity or impartiality. The only thing I give them credit for is openly announcing their biases and prejudices before-hand.

and cnn is?
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Dino283 wrote:
    That's only youre opinion dude.Fox news unlike cnn and that BBCC Crap is about portaying the view's of real American's and those who truly care about the progress of there country. If u dont like it, then you will probally enjoy El Jezra or some piece of shit like that.

lmfao
  • miller8966 wrote:
    and cnn is?

Your point of reference only exposes you.....
  • miller8966 wrote:
    and cnn is?
    They're all crap because in light of Fox's success, they all started drifting to this punditry and commentary. MSNBC has tweaked the model slightly by having Olbermann -- a liberal pundit who doesn't talk much about Natalee Holloway. But it's pundits, pundits, pundits . . .

But 3 hours of prime time devoted to the kind of analysis they do on the Lehrer NewsHour, this Week in Washington, etc. isn't going to win any ratings race.
    "Things will just get better and better even though it
    doesn't feel that way right now. That's the hopeful
    idea . . . Hope didn't get much applause . . .
    Hope! Hope is the underdog!"

-- EV, Live at the Showbox
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Dino283 wrote:

you scare me.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • There was an old-time newspaper guy in Canada named Norman Spector(sp?). He said the true test for a newspaper, any newspaper, was how well you informed your readers for the next day. The more a reader was surpised the next day, the shittier the job said newspaper was doing to inform its readers. Now imagine the surprised masses who were listening to Rush or Fox when they learned that Iraq really had no WMD, or that it had nothing to do with 9/11. And imagine their surprise, however protracted, when Iraq turned out to be the nightmare that many on the left said it would be.

I'm just sayin'..........
  • There was an old-time newspaper guy in Canada named Norman Spector(sp?). He said the true test for a newspaper, any newspaper, was how well you informed your readers for the next day. The more a reader was surpised the next day, the shittier the job said newspaper was doing to inform its readers. Now imagine the surprised masses who were listening to Rush or Fox when they learned that Iraq really had no WMD, or that it had nothing to do with 9/11. And imagine their surprise, however protracted, when Iraq turned out to be the nightmare that many on the left said it would be.

I'm just sayin'..........
    Actually, they did studies at the University of Pennsylvania that showed that people who watched the Daily Show were much better informed than Fox viewers who still thought that Iraq had WMD long after the rest of us found out that they didn't.

It's sad when a fake news source has better information than a 24/7 "news" channel.

• Hope&Anger wrote:
    Actually, they did studies at the University of Pennsylvania that showed that people who watched the Daily Show were much better informed than Fox viewers who still thought that Iraq had WMD long after the rest of us found out that they didn't.

It's sad when a fake news source has better information than a 24/7 "news" channel.

Well, what's really sad is that Americans don't seem to realize how badly they were fucked over by these "news" people. They were led down the garden path in terms of being informed. The American press/broadcasters were largely on the bandwagon, remiss in their duties to question and find the truth.
  • Well, what's really sad is that Americans don't seem to realize how badly they were fucked over by these "news" people. They were led down the garden path in terms of being informed. The American press/broadcasters were largely on the bandwagon, remiss in their duties to question and find the truth.
    Nope -- we just settle for "truthiness." ;)

• Hope&Anger wrote:
    Nope -- we just settle for "truthiness." ;)

Well, I guess it never dawned on Faux News et al that the people they were crowing for might actually be a throng of liars. Either that or they didn't care. Ya, I guess it kinda sorta sounded like the truth, so close enough !!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Well, what's really sad is that Americans don't seem to realize how badly they were fucked over by these "news" people. They were led down the garden path in terms of being informed. The American press/broadcasters were largely on the bandwagon, remiss in their duties to question and find the truth.

Jesus, could you be more self-righteous? It's a good think we ignorant Americans have someone like you to shed light on the truth.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Dino283 wrote:

wow, God bless America, with us or against us... bullshit.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • jeffbr wrote:
    Jesus, could you be more self-righteous? It's a good think we ignorant Americans have someone like you to shed light on the truth.

Well when that "bastion of the left", the NY Times, goes to bat for bush and advocates for the war, then you've really got a problem. The fact of the matter is that there was a marked difference in the way the medias from other countries handled this whole affair. And to address an earlier, important notion, it was these countries that were far less surprised when it came to finding out the truth about Iraq. Save your criticisms and venom for those that reemed you. And make no mistake, those bastards did you good.
  • Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Well when that "bastion of the left", the NY Times, goes to bat for bush and advocates for the war, then you've really got a problem. The fact of the matter is that there was a marked difference in the way the medias from other countries handled this whole affair. And to address an earlier, important notion, it was these countries that were far less surprised when it came to finding out the truth about Iraq. Save your criticisms and venom for those that reemed you. And make no mistake, those bastards did you good.
    i indeed don't think that i know anyone, here in europe, that truly believed that there were weapons of mass-destruction in Iraq... were there people in the us that really believed it? I don't talk about politicians and media TALKING about their existence, i'm talking about common people believing in their existence...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Dino283 wrote:

I can never tell if you're just fucking around or are serious. But it sounds like you need to spend some time checkout out other news sources. You mentioned the BBC - you are right, they aren't about "portraying [sic] the view's [sic] of real American's [sic] and those who truly care about the progress of there [sic] country." since they aren't even an American network. They do, however, provide an interesting an valuable perspective. On Sirius satellite radio I listen to BBC, Bloomberg, Fox, CNN, CSpan, news from Ireland, Sweden, Croatia, etc... They each bring a unique view of what is happening. Why limit yourself? Why limit your choices? If you are smart you can take info from various sources and do your own filtering.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Hope&Anger wrote:

The best thing about this study was that it came out after Bill O'Reilly slashed people from getting their news from The Daily Show saying that they were misinformed about important issues.............I love how people can blindly trust the information given to them by any media outlets. People like Bill O'Reilly get ratings by appealing to people...........not by telling the whole truth about issues. If your listening audience is conservative, they will preach to that croud whether they are preaching the truth or not. The same thing can be said about liberal media audiences, so don't think that I'm trying to push a political stance. All I'm saying is take EVERYTHING you hear from the "news" with a grain of salt.
  • Puck78 wrote:
    i indeed don't think that i know anyone, here in europe, that truly believed that there were weapons of mass-destruction in Iraq... were there people in the us that really believed it? I don't talk about politicians and media TALKING about their existence, i'm talking about common people believing in their existence...

I remember polls done in the U.S. some 15-18 months after the war began that stated that 67-68% of Americans still thought Iraq had weapons !! That number was inverted in Canada at the exact same time - something like 30% of Canadians thought they had them. I believe the #'s in Europe were similar to Canada's. Now why would the avg. American think that ?
  • Puck78 wrote:
    Its not about beleivin in wmd's is about KNOWING about were that piece of shit Sadam hid them. He used them on Kuwait in the ninetie's.Beside's, who gives a shit about what the european's think.if we did then we'd be being governd by German's!
    to be livin here today.

• Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Dino283 wrote:
    Its not about beleivin in wmd's is about KNOWING about were that piece of shit Sadam hid them. He used them on Kuwait in the ninetie's.Beside's, who gives a shit about what the european's think.if we did then we'd be being governd by German's!
    *pat pat on the shoulders: time for your meds*
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Puck78 wrote:
    *pat pat on the shoulders: time for your meds*
    That's a little rude.Alltho I'm willing to look past it as u have no comeback to what I said in the firs place.
    to be livin here today.

Dino283 wrote:
    All I have to say about that is "wow".............."portraying the views of real Americans"-WHAT A JOKE! Even if that is the truth, I don't want a news channel to "portray a view", I want them to report the news. They should let people know what is going and let people form their opinions from there instead of pushing a liberal or conservative agenda. The funny thing to me is that the people who support people like Bill O'Reilly tend to believe everything that comes out of his mouth, and those who do not support him believe nothing.......If you ask me, he is nothing more than a hugely biased reporter only trying to justify his own sense of disinformed truth.....when someone disagrees with what he says, all he can come back with is "Shut up".
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    Dino283 wrote:
    Fox news unlike cnn and that BBCC Crap is about portaying the view's of real American's and those who truly care about the progress of there country. If u dont like it, then you will probally enjoy El Jezra or some piece of shit like that.

"real Americans"... Please define this for me? Because I really want to know who watches Fox News.

I don't watch any of the news programs. I don't trust them. I want news, not opinions. Give me the facts and I'll sort them out myself. I'm a smart American, I'm capable of doing just that.

The news isn't supposed to entertain us, it's supposed to educate us. I don't see Fox News doing that.

That from one real American.
    jamestr wrote:
    "real Americans"... Please define this for me? Because I really want to know who watches Fox News.

I don't watch any of the news programs. I don't trust them. I want news, not opinions. Give me the facts and I'll sort them out myself. I'm a smart American, I'm capable of doing just that.

The news isn't supposed to entertain us, it's supposed to educate us. I don't see Fox News doing that.

Exactly!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Dino283 wrote:

Congratulations!! you win most ignorant and ill-informed post of the year, hope you are proud!!! :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Dino283 wrote:
    Bill O. Reilly is one of my hero's. He's unafraid to speak the truth, and I love it when he tells people were to go. Sure he might be a little offensive (to lib's) but that's part of his charm. Its kinda like Michael More, but more truthfull.

O yea an i totally agree that librals only hate him cuz he works for Fox.

Only your opinion dude.
  • BogoENBogoEN Posts: 65
    jamestr wrote:

Well said! Kennedy once gave a speech (the former President Kennedy) about transparent government and the need for a media that informed the people, even if the information bothered, or even angered some. This administration - no - monopoly of control in Washington couldn't be more murky and opaque.
    It's amazing to think it was fourty-some years BEFORE today that more progressive and worldly views were being stated.
    And I would also say to the Europeans confused as to why many Americans did believe that Iraq had WMDs...Bush centered the fall State of the Union address almost entirely on stating that they had irrefutable proof and that the states should circumvent UN approval and go straight in. I'm not defending the president, but there are large groups of people in the states, largely traditional, who have a very difficult time EVER believing leadership might not be trustworthy. Europe, in most cases, learned that lesson decades and centuries ago. And I don't ever remember ever being asked to participate in one of those polls, btw...just food for thought.
    "Winded is the sailor, drifting by the storm, wounded is the organ he left all bloodied on the shore...the smallest oceans still get Big Big waves..."

Postive thinking is the key, Postive doing is the door...
  • UKDave wrote:
    Congratulations!! you win most ignorant and ill-informed post of the year, hope you are proud!!! :D:D
    mate, have you seen his other posts?
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    anyone know who to contact at McDonald's to have them turn the channel to some other news source?
    If not, go here http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.custsat.custsat_form.html, if you're in the US.

I just sent them a nice reply telling them how nice their restaurant is but how I don't like Fox News.

Where else are you subjected to Fox News?