Fox News

Comments

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Depends on how high her ratings are.

You don't want to take this opportunity to celebrate with us, df? Shitbag, turd , rotten bastard have already been used. ;)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    I think she is trying to get out. Wants a bigger more mainstream show.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    Ailes officially resigns
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,119
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    But is staying on as an advisor to Rupert Murdock through 2018. Odd
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,119

But is staying on as an advisor to Rupert Murdock through 2018. Odd

However, isn't everything about Fox News odd.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Anon said:

Dino283 wrote:

Its not about beleivin in wmd's is about KNOWING about were that piece of shit Sadam hid them. He used them on Kuwait in the ninetie's.Beside's, who gives a shit about what the european's think.if we did then we'd be being governd by German's!

I can smell your ignorance. It isn't a crime to be ignorant, but when you write stuff like this, it opens yourself up to be questioned and mocked; The two things you are hypersensitve to. Im begininng to see how weak you people are......you are so terrified of being wrong that you run from basic confrontations and you place fetish worship in military might and violence. So weak and pinheaded......you turn to bombing people as the first resort and you preach against what you hate the most......yourselves. Go Haggard, Go Delay, Go Stewart, Go Dobson, Go Limbaugh,........

You politicize EVERYTHING>...nothing is off the table. And you call us weak because we dont organize and follow directions from someone that is interested in their poliltical life and nothing else. YOur prgoress involves the welfare of the US and nothing else. I'll bet anything that you couldnt care less how many iraqi citizens have died.....it just isnt in your scope. When the reports came out that the civilian war deaths in Iraq; including those that have starved, been bombed, been displaced and become gravely ill, died from otherwise absent water-borne disease; hit an estimated 655,000, the right's reaction was: "no, I dont like the way they compiled the data." Two things......evil denial of human suffering and ignorance at the greatest and most dangerous level. That test was the standard that the US Army developled and uses throughout the world and the mere fact that yu want to deny EVERy death just shows my point to all of this....see below.

stupid liberals blah blah.....eat an egg. You have not listened to a single piece of advice we have given, and, because you are in absolute control of how this country acts, you have gotten us stuck in Iraq. Kerry was ABSOLUTELY correct.....if you cared to weigh the risks and be even slightly curious about how your actions MIGHT turn out, you wouldnt have taken a risk and invaded a country that could never harm us: you saw how quickly we obliterated their army.....

It is sooooo funny. You can only come back with OH....Blame America First!!!! NOPE....that is another stupid thing to say. It may appear that way to you, but realize from our side, you blame America for absolutely NOTHING. Pure innocence. That is Fox's stance,and that is why it is more pernicious than state run media. It is a microphone for a government and it is masked as a news outlet, so people --the most ignorant of the country --dont question what they are seeing and I cannot blame them. Again, ignorance is not a crime, but exploiting the weakest amongst is....but I thought that was what Jesus said, so dont take it from me.

I can answer your rant really quickly......

The US no longer participates in governing, helping, or policing the world and every country can fend for themselves. Problem solved. Lets see how long it takes Europe or any other nation to beg for our help. Me personally I want to take care of the people here we have enough homelessness to go around for everyone

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    g under p said:
    this is a huge development and nobody is talking about it. fox knew all of the media was going to be fixated on trump's speech so people would only talk about ailes for a few hours. fox is in damage control mode now. probably a wise move for them to announce this just before trump's speech.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

g under p said:
    this is a huge development and nobody is talking about it. fox knew all of the media was going to be fixated on trump's speech so people would only talk about ailes for a few hours. fox is in damage control mode now. probably a wise move for them to announce this just before trump's speech.
    You can bet the bank on that. And another thing is guaranteed, Ailes negotiated every word of that statement. He may be a pervert that harassed his employees, but he is no doubt a media genius.
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Wow.  Unreal.  Fuck, I hate scum. Pieces of shit roaming this planet. Just hearing her talk about the dude pushing her head on his penis... are you fucking serious? HOW THE FUCK CAN PEOPLE LIVE WITH THEMSELVES TREATING PEOPLE LIKE THAT!?!? I feel so horribly for her and the other women who've been assaulted. God damn breaks my heart.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    evsgjamm said:
    Wow.  Unreal.  Fuck, I hate scum. Pieces of shit roaming this planet. Just hearing her talk about the dude pushing her head on his penis... are you fucking serious? HOW THE FUCK CAN PEOPLE LIVE WITH THEMSELVES TREATING PEOPLE LIKE THAT!?!? I feel so horribly for her and the other women who've been assaulted. God damn breaks my heart.
    about a third of our country worships the head to the penis kind of guy
  • Do the US have any agency looking over channels/Shows calling themselves "news" and see to that they keep themselves objective and unbiased?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Do the US have any agency looking over channels/Shows calling themselves "news" and see to that they keep themselves objective and unbiased?
    quite the ooposite, the courts ruled that news orgs dont have to tell the truth, they can manufacture "stories"!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    JC29856 said:
    Do the US have any agency looking over channels/Shows calling themselves "news" and see to that they keep themselves objective and unbiased?
    quite the ooposite, the courts ruled that news orgs dont have to tell the truth, they can manufacture "stories"!
    I'd never heard this but I believe it.  Are there countries where there are agencies that do this? 

I go by the Lou Reed summation of what gets thrown out there:  "Don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JC29856 said: 
    I hadn't heard this either. What case was it? Was it a supreme court case or a lower level? 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    edited December 2017
    brianlux said:
    JC29856 said:
    I'd never heard this but I believe it.  Are there countries where there are agencies that do this? 

I go by the Lou Reed summation of what gets thrown out there:  "Don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

The Swedish Broadcasting Commission

The Swedish Press and Broadcasting Authority also includes the Swedish Broadcasting Commission as an independent decision-making body. The Commission examines the contents of radio and TV programmes to see whether they adhere to the applicable broadcasting regulations.

The Commission’s investigations are either carried out based on viewers and listeners complaints regarding a programme, or at our initiative. Out of all the complaints received, only a few are investigated by the Commission as a whole. The complaints that are investigated by the Commission are often of a more complex nature, or concerns matters of principle.

Impartiality

Applies to: The public service companies (SVT, SR and UR)

Being impartial is to adopt a neutral attitude without bias. Impartiality mainly involves three things:

• If a person is clearly singled out and criticised, they should be given an opportunity to respond to the criticism.
    • Controversial topics or events may not be treated with bias.
    • Representatives of the broadcasting company may not take sides in a controversial issue.

The impartiality requirement does not, however, mean that a segment cannot adopt a critical approach or a particular angle. The public service companies are obligated to comment on different events, promote debate and scrutinise companies, organisations and authorities. The public service companies' obligation to comment also implies a certain scope for evaluative opinions.

Criticism of a clearly designated party

If a clearly designated party is subjected to severe criticism or serious accusations, they should, as a rule, be given an opportunity to defend themselves in the same programme. This can be achieved either through the designated party’s participation in the programme or by providing a statement by the party. Refusal to participate does not preclude the programme being aired. In such cases, the designated party's opinion should be presented in another way when possible.

Biased treatment of a topic or an event

Controversial topics or events may not be treated biasedly so that only one party's version or views clearly dominate. It is, however, allowed to depict a topic from a particular point of view, if it is evident from the programme or the programme's presentation. A biased report in one programme may be balanced by another report in another programme.

Maybe PBS adheres to rules like this just like swedish television?

Just read that rules for impartiality have been removed for other companies/broadcasters than public service companies in Sweden. So, not much different from Fox News in that regard.

But do you have something similar to our "broadcast commision" in the states?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518

Top Fox News D.C. Reporter James Rosen Left Network After Harassment Claims  http://n.pr/2Fqdw9V
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited January 2018
    JC29856 said: 
    I hadn't heard this either. What case was it? Was it a supreme court case or a lower level? 
    I don't know, but isn't it what makes the National Enquirer legal??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignin said:
    Film of Team Trump Treason’s wreck of an Administration? I love it. Hannity appears drunk. Guess you have to be to defend this Team Trump Treason Administration.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    While we're on the subject of Hannity, he's not coming off so well these days

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/sean-hannity-new-york-times_us_5a6aca2be4b01fbbefb07402
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The Obama years were hard on Hannity and his type, the lack of scandal and the steady economic progress left them searching for material to use to trash the President.  It really drove folks like him deep into weirdo conspiracy territory.  Benghazi was the mortar that sealed that behavior in.
    Now they can't abandon their "deep state" worldview, it's too deeply seated (or is it seeded?) and they've already had to do somersaults.

Hannity listed his cherry-picked and biased economic indicators on his radio program every single day for the entirety of the 3 year campaign.  Then Trump won and he had to turn around in the span of 3 months and pretend that the economy which he said was in shambles, with phony govt economic accounting, is now booming, and all those economic stats (like unemployment in particular) are proof of Trump's supremacy.  

I almost feel bad for the guy, it must be exhausting living in a state of doublethink 24/7, living an incredibly busy and demanding public life that is literally focused on the exercise of doublethink.  Yikes.  Miserable.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rgambs said:
    The Obama years were hard on Hannity and his type, the lack of scandal and the steady economic progress left them searching for material to use to trash the President.  It really drove folks like him deep into weirdo conspiracy territory.  Benghazi was the mortar that sealed that behavior in.
    Now they can't abandon their "deep state" worldview, it's too deeply seated (or is it seeded?) and they've already had to do somersaults.

Hannity listed his cherry-picked and biased economic indicators on his radio program every single day for the entirety of the 3 year campaign.  Then Trump won and he had to turn around in the span of 3 months and pretend that the economy which he said was in shambles, with phony govt economic accounting, is now booming, and all those economic stats (like unemployment in particular) are proof of Trump's supremacy.  

I almost feel bad for the guy, it must be exhausting living in a state of doublethink 24/7, living an incredibly busy and demanding public life that is literally focused on the exercise of doublethink.  Yikes.  Miserable.
    you know, comments I see on social media (and from a select few here) keep talking about liberal hate and all that. All I see is the exact opposite; liberal anger (not hate) at social injustice and presidential embarassment, and conservative hate for the "evils" of progression and acceptance. 

the whole snowflake thing baffles me, like this is somehow an insult. "awww, poor little guy, he CARES about people, what a loser". and yet they are proud of being "deplorable", like somehow owning the term changes its definition. so odd. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• It’s all about the “disappearing” or elimination of white males and their grasp on power. Nothing more, nothing less.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,565
    I used to be able to watch and listen to Hannity some during the Obama years just to see his manipulation techniques and get a jump on the false narrative building. Now he’s such a pathetic trump shill I can only watch for a few minutes. 

Last night on Fox, I didn’t see even a mention of trump saying he wanted Mueller fired. Naturally on msnbc it received 100% coverage!  
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,768
    I heard today he/they were using the "So what" defense. I don't think that one is going to work.  

Falling down,...not staying down
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103

Fox and Friends this morning looked so pissed that they had to report on the NY Times story. The woman even said something like "Do ya even care?" And they were going on and on about anonymous sources, but I believe they failed to mention that Fox News also confirmed the story.

State run television.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Kat said:
    I heard today he/they were using the "So what" defense. I don't think that one is going to work.  

It’s going to be really interesting to see which repube candidates welcome Team Trump Treason’s campaign appearance for the mid-terms, particularly after the indictments start dropping.

Brilliantati©