Options

Toronto Pearl Jam Pre-Party & Fundraiser!

Comments

• Options
    I have one extra ticket for the Jays game on Saturday if anyone wants it. Let me know
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    hours away......

We're heading over at about 2pm to set up. Come on by as early as possible.

Did someone say nametags? way to nerdy for me.
  • Options
    cya in 4 hrs. whos dumb idea was it to pre party till 3am.........
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    PJMEMamaPJMEMama Posts: 99
    Sitting in JFK, running through all the songs I hope to hear tonight, I can barely sit in my seat!!! See you this afternoon!
  • Options
    lots of PJ t shirts in my hotel!!!!
  • Options
    Leaving in an hour for T.O.
    Taking Whitby GO Train in to Union.
    See you at the pre-party!
  • Options
    Mustard007 wrote:
    Leaving in an hour for T.O.
    Taking Whitby GO Train in to Union.
    See you at the pre-party!
    Whitby - Nice (I live there).
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,626
    leaving buffalo in 4 hours
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Getting ready to go pick up my tickets!!!!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    just had a friend bail, so i have 1 extra lawn ticket for the show tonight!!

i'll be at the pre-party (the 6'7" guy with the binaural shirt on) if anyone is interested in the ticket (face value obviously). you can try PMing me but i might not get it as i'm heading out soon for the day.

-dave
    St. John's, NL - 2005/09/24, 2005/09/25
    Toronto, ON - 2009/08/21
    Austin - 2014/10/05
    Ottawa - 2016/05/08

"Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain"
  • Options
    Nuzpaper.Nuzpaper. Posts: 112
    Can this day get any better!!! Good friends coming onto town. Pearl Jam tonight + I get to the office this morning and the power is out so they send us home. Snow day!!!!!
  • Options
    satanmansatanman Posts: 295
    Nuzpaper. wrote:
    Can this day get any better!!! Good friends coming onto town. Pearl Jam tonight + I get to the office this morning and the power is out so they send us home. Snow day!!!!!

slap chop day :lol:
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    So when will we see a picture of the poster? Looking at pre-party people to spill the beans!
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    final bump of the day....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    great weather. should be perfect show
    Dirty American Tour '06
  • Options
    still at home working on my bloody thesis :( looks like i'll be missing the pre-party fundraiser again :(:(:(
    '98: Barrie
    '03: Toronto
    '05: Toronto
    '06: Toronto, Toronto
    '07: Munich
    '08: Vancouver (EV), Mansfield II, Toronto I (EV)
    '11: Toronto, Toronto, Hamilton
    '13: London Ontario
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,826
    Still in Toronto! Amazing time @ the PreParty & Show. Thank you all who came out! Friday was amazing. Amazing stories & pictures to come!

Talk to you all soon! :)

demetrios
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Still a bit bummed to be shut out of the pre-party due to capacity issues at the pub . . . sorry I couldn''t make it, but we ended up heading to the venue earlier than planned after a bite at The Brazen Head, which was a blessing b/c we were there for the pre-set :)

Looking forwad to seeing pics/reading stories re: the pre-party. Hope it was fun.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    I'm also sorry I couldn't make it. Had to work late. Thankfully I made it the venue in time for the pre-sets!
    I'm sure you all had a blast. Still, I would have like to put faces to names.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Great job D! It was nice to meet some of you guys in person!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    We came to the Brazen head around 4:30, but couldn't get into the party because it was full :(
    But we did have some food downstairs and headed over to the Molson Amp in time for the Preset, which was amazing.

The venue was outstanding, except getting in and out. That fair was kind of a pain in the ass. But the show was sooooo worth it.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    nevmiles wrote:
    Still a bit bummed to be shut out of the pre-party due to capacity issues at the pub . . . sorry I couldn''t make it, but we ended up heading to the venue earlier than planned after a bite at The Brazen Head, which was a blessing b/c we were there for the pre-set :)

Looking forwad to seeing pics/reading stories re: the pre-party. Hope it was fun.

Very sorry about that. I was pretty sad that it was over capacity. When we did the raffles, we had few that would go out to the padio's & down the main floor. Didn't know it was would be this huge! Next time, will make thing's up for the one's who didn't get in, trust me! :)
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    We came to the Brazen head around 4:30, but couldn't get into the party because it was full :(
    But we did have some food downstairs and headed over to the Molson Amp in time for the Preset, which was amazing.

The venue was outstanding, except getting in and out. That fair was kind of a pain in the ass. But the show was sooooo worth it.

Again, sorry about that. It was pretty wild upstairs. Pretty crowded. Didn't get any info about the 'capacity of pub' rules. :oops: It's my fault. Hopefully the next Preparty, 2010 in Ontario or Quebec or even any Atlantic Canada preparty, will make it up! 8-)
  • Options
    Woule like to take this time to thank everybody who attended the preparty Friday afternoon. :) Thanks for your donation's & helping out to an amazing cause. Nick was on hand early with the White Ribbon Campaign. Huge thanks to Jon, Nixon, Chris, Angie, Tom, Ryan, my bro & all who help'd volunteer @ the tables, thank you so very much! I was pretty tired & exhausted. You can see with the pics posted over @ Facebook. Next time, it will be more intense, and mind blowing. Believe me! 8-)

To all who missed out, got locked out downstairs, i'm totally sorry. I didn't know there was a max limit capacity to the place. Didn't get that info. Know it was crowded, but didn't know fan's were outside that couldn't get in. I'm so sorry! :( Been thinking about this the past few day's. I'll make it up down the road on the next pre-party. Trust me. :D

Hope you all had a great time.
    Till the next one! :D

D
  • Options
    Count me in as one of those that got there at 4:30 and was told that upstairs was full.

So I stayed downstairs with my buddy, got something to eat and had a few beers and then read a tweet saying that Ted Leo was stuck in NY...

Then hustled the hell out of there so I could see Pearl Jam open for Pearl Jam :D

Hope to make the next one and will try to get there earlier...
  • Options
    Count me in as one of those that got there at 4:30 and was told that upstairs was full.

So I stayed downstairs with my buddy, got something to eat and had a few beers and then read a tweet saying that Ted Leo was stuck in NY...

Then hustled the hell out of there so I could see Pearl Jam open for Pearl Jam :D

Next time, will try to find a place that can do alot more. It was the closest pub to the Molson amp, that could do what we could handle. If it was the ACC or Roger's Centre, many have told me many time's, The Loose Moose is the place to do it. But couldn't do Loose Moose cause a walk would of been pretty, pretty far to the Molson Amp. D'oh! I tried my best. The Pearl Jam opening for Pearl Jam, didn't even know about it. It was pretty funny about Ted Leo being stuck in custom's. Knowing you are opening for Pearl Jam, or any other rock band, who are one of the best in the world, you would think you would have all of this taken care of. IMO, I think it was a setup, cause 90% percent of user's here posted they didn't even want to see Ted Leo, why this probably happened. Oh well. The amazing preset's & show was one of the best i've seen in a while. Thanks again Pearl Jam. See you in Philly! :)

D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Next time, will try to find a place that can do alot more. It was the closest pub to the Molson amp, that could do what we could handle. If it was the ACC or Roger's Centre, many have told me many time's, The Loose Moose is the place to do it. But couldn't do Loose Moose cause a walk would of been pretty, pretty far to the Molson Amp. D'oh! I tried my best. The Pearl Jam opening for Pearl Jam, didn't even know about it. It was pretty funny about Ted Leo being stuck in custom's. Knowing you are opening for Pearl Jam, or any other rock band, who are one of the best in the world, you would think you would have all of this taken care of. IMO, I think it was a setup, cause 90% percent of user's here posted they didn't even want to see Ted Leo, why this probably happened. Oh well. The amazing preset's & show was one of the best i've seen in a while. Thanks again Pearl Jam. See you in Philly! :)

D

So you and a lot of people at the pre party did not know about the pre-set and didn't make it?

Man if that was the case I REALLY WISHED I was upstairs at the Party so I could tell you all that my friend tweeted better get yourself over to Molson to see Ed Vedder and the Pharmacists!?!?!?

Not your fault demetrios, you did a great job and I hope to meet you and others at the next one :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

D

So you and a lot of people at the pre party did not know about the pre-set and didn't make it?

Man if that was the case I REALLY WISHED I was upstairs at the Party so I could tell you all that my friend tweeted better get yourself over to Molson to see Ed Vedder and the Pharmacists!?!?!?

Not your fault demetrios, you did a great job and I hope to meet you and others at the next one :)

Know Vedder @ time's does a preset & stuff @ show's; but didn't know about Ted Leo not being there. Hearing Pearl Jam, is opening for Pearl Jam, shocked the hell out of me.

Till the next one! :)
  • Options
    Bumping my baby! :)

Dimitri, one who was wearing the Red Pearl Jam European '07 shirt, give me a shout. Forgot your user name here. D'oh!

Woke up today, went shopping. Passed by the Metro Centre to pick up some ticket's. Felt something. Something good. Something .. that something .. is coming. Driving down Barrington, ah .. pub's & restaurants. Where will be the next Halifax Pearl Jam PreParty show. Hmm .. I could of so got out of my car & started something .. TONIGHT!!!! But .. ya know!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    What a great party! What a great show!
    D, you did an amazing job and it was an HONOR to help you out.
    I'm so sorry to those of you who couldn't make it up...but seriously, it looked like the downstairs crew was rocking pretty hard too.

Pubs be warned...Wishlist will drink you out of house and home! (Moretti's was even more insane...)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009