Toronto Pearl Jam Pre-Party & Fundraiser!

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,146
    Looks like most the rain is coming on Thursday.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0696

10mm on Thursday
    1 mm on Friday

sweet! it'll be the first time i'll see the rogers centre's dome closed @ this thursday's baseball game.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    demetrios wrote:
    Looks like most the rain is coming on Thursday.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0696

10mm on Thursday
    1 mm on Friday

sweet! it'll be the first time i'll see the rogers centre's dome closed @ this thursday's baseball game.

I'll gladly deal with a rainy Thursday if it means a clear and dry Friday night! Especially since there is no chance of the ballgame getting rained out.

This time tomorrow morning we will be loading up the car and getting on the road. Toronto, it's all happening!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    I'll be walking toward the venue from the Delta Chelsea Friday afternoon. I've been told to walk down Queen St. for a good mix of bars/restaurants.

Anywhere in particular I should stop for lunch and a beer? Is Rivoli any good?

Looking for decent food, good beer, good people watching, unique to Toronto, etc.

Thanks!
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
    A 5pm, Halifax time, THE D will be heading over to FedEx depo to pick up Brad Klausen's Toronto '09 poster's. To open the tube or wait till Friday @ 2pm @ the Brazen Head Irish Pub?

*thinking .. thinking ...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    demetrios wrote:
    A 5pm, Halifax time, THE D will be heading over to FedEx depo to pick up Brad Klausen's Toronto '09 poster's. To open the tube or wait till Friday @ 2pm @ the Brazen Head Irish Pub?

I hope you don't have much thinking to do about that, D! I think you've earned the right to a sneak peek ;)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I hope you don't have much thinking to do about that, D! I think you've earned the right to a sneak peek ;)

I'll take a sneak peek. I gotta. It's my LIFE'S BLOOD to do so! :P
    Another cool cool day! 8-)
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    I'll be walking toward the venue from the Delta Chelsea Friday afternoon. I've been told to walk down Queen St. for a good mix of bars/restaurants.

Looking for decent food, good beer, good people watching, unique to Toronto, etc.

Thanks!
    I'd say that advice is pretty sound! Queen Street is a fun street with many things to see and do and eat and drink.. I wouldn't even say a destination is necessary.. see what looks good to you, maybe talk to someone at a restaurant/bar if they're on their way out, and see if they enjoyed it. Toronto has a relatively large (and definitely trendy) area called the Distillery District (guess what they do there?), which houses many of Toronto's microbreweries. The two most well-known ones, I'd say, are Steamwhistle and Mill Street - Mill Street makes a nice one which unfortunately I can't recall its name, but both brands will likely be carried at any cool looking bars or restaurants along your way!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Ryan_WFC wrote:

Thanks!

Hit the Black Bull Tavern on Queen and John... best people watching there is... get a rail seat (although a bum may ask you for $ or a smoke)... food is OK, beer is only by the pint, but you can't beat the people watching! Line ups common after 4pm...
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

Like a stripe club? Are they open in the afternoons? Whoa mama! :shock:

"we are not in Halifax anymore!" :o

2785376769_c1352f2b3a.jpg
    HPIM0098.jpg

Facebook status ... D is taking snapshots after snapshot's of Pearl Jam's Toronto '09 poster. Just received the tube from FedEx. Inside ArtilleryDesign's bazooka tube, 3 signed & numbered poster's; all 3 will going for auction @ the PreParty in Toronto this Friday. See you all there! :)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Ill be there!

Cant wait
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    demetrios wrote:
    HPIM0098.jpg

Facebook status ... D is taking snapshots after snapshot's of Pearl Jam's Toronto '09 poster. Just received the tube from FedEx. Inside ArtilleryDesign's bazooka tube, 3 signed & numbered poster's; all 3 will going for auction @ the PreParty in Toronto this Friday. See you all there! :)
    I like what brad did with the colors on this one ....
    the brown tones are just great!

M
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I've got a feeling that they're going to play In My Tree in Toronto.
    Mudfest wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    HPIM0098.jpg

M

The message in the painting is sweet! A scene i'll be @ next week! ;)
    I've got a feeling that they're going to play In My Tree in Toronto.

They played it in Toronto 96 & 03. Needs another passion jam! :)
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,199
    Mudfest wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    HPIM0098.jpg

M
    no facebook account... can't find a picture of poster... please help...
    maverick wrote:
    Mudfest wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    HPIM0098.jpg

M
    no facebook account... can't find a picture of poster... please help...

sorry, can't post any pics up till the day of the preparty! it's well worth the wait! :)
  • satanmansatanman Posts: 295
    what 3 are they other then toronto
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    up!
    wishlistfoundation.org
    Fundraiser Raffle Items:

One of these, by the D! ;)http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... IM0014.jpg
    Pearl Jam Calgary 2009 poster, donated by Sheppy
    Pearl Jam Halifax 2005 poster, donated by Mudfest
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8 ... afb1ec0c62, donated by keeponrockin
    McCready shirt, donated by EddieWouldKnow
    July 15th/2006 Poster from San Fransisco, donated by edvedr13
    3 New Pearl Jam Toronto '09 Poster (signed & numbered), donated by Brad Klausen
    Denver 1998 poster signed by Frank Black, donated by Eduardo Veduardo
    Ames 2000 Holland, donated by Hawkshore
    Ed's 2009 Sniper playbill, donated by LukinFan
    Toronto 2003 poster, donated by Anne's friend
    5X1 Pearl Jam Book, donated by One Song Glory
    1. shirt euro tour 2007 xl new , 1. shirt euro 2007 we come in peace l new , 1. christmas fan single 1995 new , 1. cart of album release , 1. even flow sticker , 1. key chain , 1. cart yield releasr , 1. pj badge, donated by dimitrispearljam
    Something cool & something sweet, donated by squizzlefritz
    Virgina Beach 2008 Pearl Jam poster, donated by demetrios
    Vedder 2009 wallet, donated by Arcticangel

:D
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Bump.

Leaving for the airport soon, see you guys and gals in Toronto.
    Bump.

Leaving for the airport soon, see you guys and gals in Toronto.

See ya soon. I'm heading out tomorrow morning. The goosebump's are still there & trembling. It's gonna be wild! 8-)
    up!
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    It's getting busy here. The City is packed. Red Sox in town.....

Spotted a few PJ shirts yesterday.
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    2 days!! Officially can't wait!!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• I'm crossing the border tomorrow. I can't wait!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • I think I'll be there...just gotta talk with the girlfriend...but this should be fun!
    No time to be void, or save up on life...you gotta spend it all.
    Hey Demetrios - how's the poster, are you allowed to answer that question? :D

EV
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Just a friendly "2 mroe sleeps" bump :)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    benjs wrote:
    Hey Demetrios - how's the poster, are you allowed to answer that question? :D

Yeah! have you looked at it yet? You have to! What if they shipped the wrong poster and you never looked until the pre-party?

Open it!!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper