Toronto Pearl Jam Pre-Party & Fundraiser!

Comments

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Goodies should arrive on Monday! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    JaneNY wrote:
    I can't believe its one week from tonight, and that its about this time (8:49) that they usually go on! Staying at the Delta.
    Consider yourself upgraded

Wow - thanks!!!!!! Very kind of you!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,146
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Goodies should arrive on Monday! :)

mmm .. goodies!!!

homer-drool.gif
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,199
    D, can you please post a picture of the Toronto poster at some point? My guess is you can't share it before Friday, but can you please post a picture for the people who won't be at either the concert or pre-party? Thanks and good luck with the pre-party!
    maverick wrote:
    D, can you please post a picture of the Toronto poster at some point? My guess is you can't share it before Friday, but can you please post a picture for the people who won't be at either the concert or pre-party? Thanks and good luck with the pre-party!

Around 2pm @ the preparty when setting up, there will be many friends there that got cellphones that can take pictures & upload some cool snapshot's online. Know many of my Facebook friends do it all the time. They will be there to check it out! And those pics will be posted here on the board's for sure!

Though many will get an early glimpse Thursday afternoon & evening @ the hotel! ;)

Brad Klausen rocks! 8-)
  • mikepmikep Posts: 290
    D, you should bring a few Halifax donairs to the pre-party :) mmmmmm..oh sweet delicious donairs...how i miss you so...

mike
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
    mikep wrote:
    D, you should bring a few Halifax donairs to the pre-party :) mmmmmm..oh sweet delicious donairs...how i miss you so...

mike

Wish I could. There will be many awaiting, Halifax '10! 5 year Anniversary!
    Hopefully! :mrgreen:
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    Sunday Bump

M
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I just emailed two friends who live in Toronto to tell them about the preshow. I know at least one of them is attending the show.
    I'm staying at the Delta Chelsea hotel. Thanks to Demetrios for the suggestion. I got a good deal on Priceline.
    I'm attending the Red Sox-Blue Jays game on Thursday.
    I'm very excited to be making my first visit to Toronto!
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    D - Looks like I will be able to sneak out of work a little early on Friday.

Also - My wife is taking my car that day, and I will have our Mini Van.

I can give you a lift (with all the goodies) from the hotel to the Brazen Head Friday afternoon.
    D - Looks like I will be able to sneak out of work a little early on Friday.

Also - My wife is taking my car that day, and I will have our Mini Van.

I can give you a lift (with all the goodies) from the hotel to the Brazen Head Friday afternoon.

Sweet! :)

Was thinking early morning make a walk down to the Molson, pick up 10club ticket's then head back up. Check the sites & stuff! :)

Was thinking maybe around 1:45 leave from the hotel by cab or something to the Brazen Head, to set thing's up, early afternoon brunch etc ...

4 more day's & a few hour's to go. TORONTO BABY!!! 8-)
    Yefa wrote:
    I just emailed two friends who live in Toronto to tell them about the preshow. I know at least one of them is attending the show.
    I'm staying at the Delta Chelsea hotel. Thanks to Demetrios for the suggestion. I got a good deal on Priceline.
    I'm attending the Red Sox-Blue Jays game on Thursday.
    I'm very excited to be making my first visit to Toronto!

np! :)

I'll be @ the game too. Though haven't had time to organize a meet up after the game @ a certain bar/club etc.. pre - pre pearl jam party!
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    5 days! We should be there to help set-up everything at about 2. Can't wait!!!!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Its the week of the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Safe travels all!! D I got the goods on Saturday and am ready to roll man.
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Looking forward to this Friday :)

Got the day off, an 8 am tee off, come home jump in the pool, change, head down to Ontario Place to pick up the tickets and then through the CNE over to the Brazen Head for patio drinks with you all!

FYI, if you are going to pick up your tickets before the Brazen Head, go directly to Ontario Place and pick up your tickets and then use them to go through the Canadian National Exhibition grounds (first day of CNE is Friday, and you get in for free with your PJ tickets!) and go to the entrance where the Go Trains are, go through the underground tunnel, come out on the other side and go down Atlantic Avenue to Liberty Street.

Turn right on Liberty Street and walk down to the Brazen Head 171 East Liberty Street.

However, if you go through the CNE without your PJ Tickets, admission this Friday is only $1.75 (a special for the first day!)

See you guys there!

Torontonian
    3 more day's & i'm in Toronto, baby! :D
    The madness .. BEGINS!!!! 8-)
    demetrios wrote:
    3 more day's & i'm in Toronto, baby! :D
    The madness .. BEGINS!!!! 8-)

Thanks again D for getting everything taken care of.

• Nuzpaper.Nuzpaper. Posts: 112
    Looking forward to this Friday :)

Got the day off, an 8 am tee off, come home jump in the pool, change, head down to Ontario Place to pick up the tickets and then through the CNE over to the Brazen Head for patio drinks with you all!

FYI, if you are going to pick up your tickets before the Brazen Head, go directly to Ontario Place and pick up your tickets and then use them to go through the Canadian National Exhibition grounds (first day of CNE is Friday, and you get in for free with your PJ tickets!) and go to the entrance where the Go Trains are, go through the underground tunnel, come out on the other side and go down Atlantic Avenue to Liberty Street.

Turn right on Liberty Street and walk down to the Brazen Head 171 East Liberty Street.

However, if you go through the CNE without your PJ Tickets, admission this Friday is only $1.75 (a special for the first day!)

See you guys there!

Torontonian

Using the short cut at the go station will save you time on your walk from the brazen head to the venue. Don't go by what google maps suggests
  • Nuzpaper. wrote:
    Looking forward to this Friday :)

See you guys there!

Torontonian

Using the short cut at the go station will save you time on your walk from the brazen head to the venue. Don't go by what google maps suggests

For sure! Even if you had to pay $1.75 because you did not have your PJ tickets yet, it is worth it to go under the Go Train (via underground tunnel) and through the CNE to Ontario Place... much more direct route from the Brazen Head to Ontario Place!
    Nuzpaper. wrote:

The short cut was what people were telling me to take. Even walking around it, it's 15-20 minute walk, through the short cut, straight through, where you see on the map, cut's your time apart.

All & all .. Friday is gonna be amazing! 8-)
  • Does anyone have any connection to get tickets, I am trying to take a budy and his g/f for his b-day but the sites are all asking WAY too much for tix.

Please let me know. We will definitely be pre-drinking at B-H
    cheers
    Does anyone have any connection to get tickets, I am trying to take a budy and his g/f for his b-day but the sites are all asking WAY too much for tix.

Please let me know. We will definitely be pre-drinking at B-H
    cheers

Just come to the pre-party...i'm sure there will be someone looking to get rid of theirs.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I am coming down from North York.

As far as I see it, I take the Subway from the N York to the Union Station. Then take the 509 Harbourfront Streetcar from there to the expo.

Will that drop me off within walking distance? The website says I should hop on something called the 29 Dufferin bus.
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Hey... BUMP!!
    Got my passport out of the safe today... I'm ready to go!
    Now I just have to figure out how to use Canadian currency... :?
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Hey... BUMP!!
    First you do the secret Canadian handshake, then you hand the cashier the money, and then you receive your item. Forget one of these steps and you'll be thrown out of the store.
  • RD171825RD171825 Posts: 443
    Hey... BUMP!!

Wait till ya see the Toonie...
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    Hey... BUMP!!
    First you do the secret Canadian handshake, then you hand the cashier the money, and then you receive your item. Forget one of these steps and you'll be thrown out of the store.
    And don't forget. We don't understand English unless every sentence ends with an eh, eh?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    RD171825 wrote:
    Hey... BUMP!!

Wait till ya see the Toonie...

At the first PJ pre-party I went to in St. Paul 2003 I had a guy walk up to me and completely unprompted said, "Hey, do you wanna see my loonie?"
    Ahem.
    Excuse me?
    After I made him repeat himself two or three times he just smiled and handed me the coin.
    Was that one of you fools?!?!
    benjs wrote:
    Hey... BUMP!!
    And don't forget. We don't understand English unless every sentence ends with an eh, eh?

Hey now, I'm from Wisconsin dontcha know.
    Yeah der eh.
    Uff da.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,161
    Yeah all set here :) will be great to be in Toronto .. :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Looks like most the rain is coming on Thursday.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0696

10mm on Thursday
    1 mm on Friday