Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    This is one of the best porters I’ve very had. Phase Three Pressed series. Tastes exactly as the description reads. Cheers. 

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    Something different to start the day off with, and surprisingly good....
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    That sounds awful. But props for starting early!
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    That sounds awful. But props for starting early!
    Wasn't as bad as it sounds, honestly. Good start before hitting 8% beers all night.
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Cheers friends! @bbiggs need a Hop Butcher trade when you come to STL for the show next year!
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Well, I signed up for Tavour and I'm well on my way to spending 300+ dollars this month.
    Does somebody want to talk me out of this, or have any experience with tavour?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    Cheers friends! @bbiggs need a Hop Butcher trade when you come to STL for the show next year!
    Looks really good. I was looking forward to trying some of what STL has to offer, but I will be there when the show gets played and will gladly bring some Hop Butcher down! Enjoy. 
  • Options
    Something different to start the day off with, and surprisingly good....
    I don’t have a lot of experience with sours but it sounds refreshing! 
  • Options
    Three Floyds is closing the brewpub indefinitely.  Sad day.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,748
    Dammit! I feel like I should open my 2016 Dark Lord to honor it....or trade it for a 98 Chicago/Troy poster. :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of it.  Could be the first domino to fall in a larger plan for them to sell.  Expansion plans have been talked about, but no construction under way.  Who knows.  Either way, that sucks for the employees and patrons that go to the brewpub.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of it.  Could be the first domino to fall in a larger plan for them to sell.  Expansion plans have been talked about, but no construction under way.  Who knows.  Either way, that sucks for the employees and patrons that go to the brewpub.

Saw that last night.  Seems very odd that they're saying they'll be closed for at least a year or 2.  Also saw that they're the 30th largest craft brewery in the country now so you'd think they would be able to survive through this whole thing.  But either way, there's going to be a lot of breweries closing down due to the coronavirus.  
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Nooooooooo......
  • Options
    Malroth said:
    bbiggs said:

Nooooooooo......
    Still will be selling curbside. But no brisket tacos. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    bbiggs said:

Saw that last night.  Seems very odd that they're saying they'll be closed for at least a year or 2.  Also saw that they're the 30th largest craft brewery in the country now so you'd think they would be able to survive through this whole thing.  But either way, there's going to be a lot of breweries closing down due to the coronavirus.  

The brewpub is closed. Not the brewery. They made it clear they will continue to brew beer.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    bbiggs said:

The brewpub is closed. Not the brewery. They made it clear they will continue to brew beer.

Oh yeah I just worded that wrong.  I just meant you would think they'd be able to support those employees instead of laying them off indefinitely since they've become such a huge brand all over the place.  

On a positive 3F note, they said they'll be releasing dark lord as well as a bunch of variants next month.  Hoping to get my hands on some of those...would be well worth the drive to Indiana.
  • Options
    So I read into it a bit, and it seems that this may be a ploy by Nick Floyd for FFF to disassociate themselves from their investors. Use the pandemic to shut down. Build a new brewpub (on a different site technically) and turn the current one into a parking lot. Therefore in some roundabout way, making it a new business of sorts. 

• Options
    Good morning, nerds!

Don't judge me! I worked 10pm-2pm (16 hours) Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon. Then had to be back for 10lm-6am Wednesday night into Thursday. I earned it!

• Options
    Good morning, nerds!

Don't judge me! I worked 10pm-2pm (16 hours) Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon. Then had to be back for 10lm-6am Wednesday night into Thursday. I earned it!

I won't judge you for the beer, the work maybe ;)
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835

A local brewer in Galway just released these IPA's.
  • Options
    Today's lineup. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    My local brewery made a hard seltzer, delicious!  I was good with one.  Then I had a great neipa.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    @darwinstheory that backyard is awesome.  Three acres?   I am so jealous. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    @darwinstheory that backyard is awesome.  Three acres?   I am so jealous. 
    It sure is.  Yours isn't too shabby either.  Having acreage and/or a pool would be pretty damn awesome, especially this year.

• Options
    Thanks fellas! Yeah, just a smidge under 3 acres. I built the pool deck and the one the hot tub is on 2 summers ago. I was working 12 hour turns that summer (6am-6pm) so it took me all friggin summer. First crack at deck building, so it was extra slow going...and my neighbor helped a TON! 

I am entirely envious of that fancy curved inground pool you have!
  • Options
    Thanks fellas! Yeah, just a smidge under 3 acres. I built the pool deck and the one the hot tub is on 2 summers ago. I was working 12 hour turns that summer (6am-6pm) so it took me all friggin summer. First crack at deck building, so it was extra slow going...and my neighbor helped a TON! 

How long does it take you to mow?

• Options
    bbiggs said:

How long does it take you to mow?

When we first moved in. I had a 42" riding lawnmower. Perfect for a subdivision type yard. That thing took about 3 hours and 15 minutes if I was trying to keep the lines straight and mow diagonally. Straight lines North/South in a rush could be done a shade under 3 hours.

3 years ago, we bought a 54" zero turn. Down to just over 1½ hours. Not too shabby.
  • Options
    Damn.  1.5 hours is not bad at all.  Takes me close to an hour to mow my little .25 acre yard, but I'm pushing a smaller mower of course.  Having a big yard and a riding mower seems like it would be an enjoyable chore.  Turn on some tunes, have a couple beers on ice and off you go...
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Damn.  1.5 hours is not bad at all.  Takes me close to an hour to mow my little .25 acre yard, but I'm pushing a smaller mower of course.  Having a big yard and a riding mower seems like it would be an enjoyable chore.  Turn on some tunes, have a couple beers on ice and off you go...
    On the nice weather days, it isn't so bad. But never be fooled by the cup holder on a riding lawnmower. They are designed for bottled water or lemonade/tea. It makes the beer fly all around the damn place. And the call .25 acre a yard out that way?  =)

A quarter acre has to be super easy to keep looking good. I know yours is new to you. If the previous homeowner took good care of it, keep up on it! Much easier to maintain than to let it go and have to start over again.
  • Options
    Ahhh...who am I kidding. A guy with your resources has pros take care of their yard. :rofl: