Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ I had one of those last night as well. Still have a couple left luckily. One of the better IPAs I’ve had lately. Delicious. 
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    This was very good

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    This afternoons  choice coming in at 11.7% ABV 
    Very tasty and not at all boozy.

• Options
    ^ you’ll know it if you have a couple of those. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ you’ll know it if you have a couple of those. 
    I know better
    Followed it up with an easy 6.2%
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    New hazy IPA from Creature Comforts. Very good.
  • Options
    Tonight's selection..  

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,996
    I am not a beer drinker but I have been enjoying looking at the can designs. Some are really creative. Do you all have a favorite beer can in terms of the artwork or label?
  • Options
    MF117973 said:
    I am not a beer drinker but I have been enjoying looking at the can designs. Some are really creative. Do you all have a favorite beer can in terms of the artwork or label?
    A lot of craft breweries have artists that create different artwork for each unique beer. Some are really intricate and creative. I had a beer recently that I couldn’t help but think the artwork was awesome. This one here. It’s from Equilibrium in NY.  The beer is equally good.

• Options
    That one looks really good bud. Does it say what kind of hops were used? Looks like a juice bomb. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    That one looks really good bud. Does it say what kind of hops were used? Looks like a juice bomb. 
    Def a juice bomb.
    Australian Galaxy hops. It was really good. Going to get another 4 pk today.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,996
    bbiggs said:
    MF117973 said:
    A lot of craft breweries have artists that create different artwork for each unique beer. Some are really intricate and creative. I had a beer recently that I couldn’t help but think the artwork was awesome. This one here. It’s from Equilibrium in NY.  The beer is equally good.

That is a nice one. So many of these cans are really like works of art. 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    Who's an expert on Tree House? Going up to New Hampshire next weekend and realized it's on the way to where we're going, so it seems like a no-brainer to stop. What should I pick up? Looking at the online store I think I'm gonna go broke buying multiples of their mixed cases.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    edited June 2020
    Who's an expert on Tree House? Going up to New Hampshire next weekend and realized it's on the way to where we're going, so it seems like a no-brainer to stop. What should I pick up? Looking at the online store I think I'm gonna go broke buying multiples of their mixed cases.
    Ive had about 150 different TreeHouse beers so I feel confident answering any questions lol

Next week should be crazy... getting into their 8th anniversary season so be on the lookout for some limited releases

They have alot of great choices right now for mixes.  Very Green is the all time GOAT for me.  Do whatever you can to get some.  Perfect storm is also available right now which is a top 10 for me.  Spring and all of the Bright/BBBrighttt/Baby Bright series are good but dont fret if you cant snag any.  

In terms of their rotational beers, id rank them Julius>Alter Ego>Haze>Green>Sap.  

Another thing is if you're ordering on a Friday or Saturday, the website usually sells out within 5 minutes of opening at 930 am.  They close the online store from 9-930, but sometime between 8-9am you should go on and scout out what you want so you're ready to roll right at 930.

Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Ive had about 150 different TreeHouse beers so I feel confident answering any questions lol

Next week should be crazy... getting into their 8th anniversary season so be on the lookout for some limited releases

They have alot of great choices right now for mixes.  Very Green is the all time GOAT for me.  Do whatever you can to get some.  Perfect storm is also available right now which is a top 10 for me.  Spring and all of the Bright/BBBrighttt/Baby Bright series are good but dont fret if you cant snag any.  

In terms of their rotational beers, id rank them Julius>Alter Ego>Haze>Green>Sap.  

Another thing is if you're ordering on a Friday or Saturday, the website usually sells out within 5 minutes of opening at 930 am.  They close the online store from 9-930, but sometime between 8-9am you should go on and scout out what you want so you're ready to roll right at 930.

Well this is convenient and I'm glad you're here, haha...

Sweet, thanks. Yeah, I was wrestling with leaving from Philly next Sunday at like 4/5am so the kids will still be sleeping for the drive. BUT, that would mean we're passing Charlton, MA at like 9 am and they don't open 'till noon. So F it we're gonna have to make stops anyway and I'm changing my schedule to make this work lol.

I've been eyeing up these Chef's Choice mixes. Julius is about all I know. Thanks again, I'll make sure to keep an eye out.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    I'm not an expert by any means but I have never been disappointed by a Tree House beer.  Mixed cases sounds like a perfect way to go.  Julius and King Julius have been a couple of my favorites from them.  And Haze in the purple can is pretty damn good from what I remember.  Just checked out their website and yeah I'd definitely spend several hundred dollars if I were near there.  But yeah you really can't go wrong with anything from Tree House.  Enjoy.
  • Options

Sweet, thanks. Yeah, I was wrestling with leaving from Philly next Sunday at like 4/5am so the kids will still be sleeping for the drive. BUT, that would mean we're passing Charlton, MA at like 9 am and they don't open 'till noon. So F it we're gonna have to make stops anyway and I'm changing my schedule to make this work lol.

I've been eyeing up these Chef's Choice mixes. Julius is about all I know. Thanks again, I'll make sure to keep an eye out.

Current state of my fridge, Between shipped beers and my last TreeHouse run a few days ago

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    I would also add...
    I’m not one of these people who thinks any beer more than 2 weeks old is “bad” and “not fresh”

but with TreeHouse I would say only get a quantity of cans that you can finish in about 3 months.  After that is when I notice they start to turn the corner and not be as good
  • Options
    This has me all very excited.
  • Options
    Oh don't worry, beer doesn't last long in my house. I don't have the discipline nor the restraint.
  • Options

Current state of my fridge, Between shipped beers and my last TreeHouse run a few days ago

Big fan of Night Shift. I used to go to the old shady warehouse location in Everett. Santilli and The 87 are great as well. 
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    I was drawn in by the artwork on Pipework's cans.  I haven't been disappointed by any of these.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Here are 2 opposites. These breweries are about 8 miles apart in Boulder County. Both make great beer but take differing directions when it comes to label graphics. My friend at Upslope says their hardest decisions are color combos.....

• Options

Oh wow very nice haul you have there!  Very tempted to go on mybeercollectibles and make an order right now.....
  • Options

Awesome.  Hit me up if a trade for Chicago beer ever interests you. 
  • Options

Oh wow very nice haul you have there!  Very tempted to go on mybeercollectibles and make an order right now.....
    Seems like $32-$35 plus shipping is the going rate for a basic 4 pack.  I've never had Tree House.  Worth it in your opinion?

• Options
    bbiggs said:

Seems like $32-$35 plus shipping is the going rate for a basic 4 pack.  I've never had Tree House.  Worth it in your opinion?

Hard to say that it is "worth it" since we have so many great breweries in Chicago, but it is some pretty damn good beer.  I usually order at least 2 4 packs when I do it since shipping is so expensive.  It's nice to treat yourself every once in awhile.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Hard to say that it is "worth it" since we have so many great breweries in Chicago, but it is some pretty damn good beer.  I usually order at least 2 4 packs when I do it since shipping is so expensive.  It's nice to treat yourself every once in awhile.
    Makes sense.  Like you said, we have no shortage of top quality options here, but every now and then it's cool to try new stuff, especially from breweries that are considered to be the best. 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    edited June 2020
    Wonderful neipa from a local brewery.  I toast this to my bud tbergs!  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 888