Options

Negativity...

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited April 2009 in The Porch
this place seems to be worse than ever before!! the constant fucking crying and whining and bitching and moaning...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about just taking some time to be thankful? The band is still together! they are all pretty healthy and drug free! they are happy and enjoying life and still making music together! we will have a new album sometime in the next year! Ed is touring! PJ is going to Europe for as little bit! we will get a world tour when the album drops!the delux was awesome!Ten on RockBand!

all in all..it's been a really good PJ year (08-09)

so stop your sniveling and go out and get some sunshine...it'll do wonders for that lingering winter depression!!

inhale the positivity..exhale the negativity..in...out....in...out....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,981
    Almost makes you want to take your ball and go home doesnt it! :D:D:D
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    +1 couldn't agree more! These should be happy times for all 10c members!! :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Yes- lots of good news over the last few weeks- all kinds of good stuff happening over the next few months
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Pretty soon you'll get the obligatory response about this is a bitching about bitching thread

I agree with you totally
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Pretty soon you'll get the obligatory response about this is a bitching about bitching thread

yeah..i know..those are pretty much expected..FUCK 'EM !

I'm not going to let them blow my high...
  • Options

yeah..i know..those are pretty much expected..FUCK 'EM !

I'm not going to let them blow my high...
    Yeah screw em
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Woohoo!!!
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,571
    It is and should always be about the music. Remember that and you won't allow anyone to blow your high ;)

I agree, some of the bitching here is nuts at times but why bother? You know, if it makes you in such a bad mood just ignore it. That is what I do and it is probably why I am able to be on here for more than a few minutes each day. Like someone said, bitching is obligatory. Why even bother wasting time on it?
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    No sniveling here. Any year where I've the opportunity to see Flight To Mars, Ed, Green River, and , oh btw, Pearl Jam in the span of a few months.... WHOA !! As Tom Hanks might say, " there's no crying in Pearl Jam " !!!!!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    this place seems to be worse than ever before!! the constant fucking crying and whining and bitching and moaning...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about just taking some time to be thankful? The band is still together! they are all pretty healthy and drug free! they are happy and enjoying life and still making music together! we will have a new album sometime in the next year! Ed is touring! PJ is going to Europe for as little bit! we will get a world tour when the album drops!the delux was awesome!Ten on RockBand!

so stop your sniveling and go out and get some sunshine...it'll do wonders for that lingering winter depression!!

Couldn't agree more !! Even though I'm really bummed out by not being able to to see them when they arrive to Europe this year, there are still a lot to be happy about with this band, and the reason that I can't see them this time around is that my new baby is due on Aug 9th, so that's one more thing to be happy about :)

peace,love & pearl jam for all :)
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    I know this isn't the right thread, but does anyone know how to post pictures in a thread without posting on a website? Thanks
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    sometimes there is reason to moan when things are not handled so well,

however this time? i see absolutely no reason for any one to be pissed, the dates are what they are, its a mini tour, there will be more I'm sure on a full tour, I would have travelled where I needed to....and the ticket announcement gave a minimum 24 hours to buy tickets...and most are still available

be happy people, very happy, if you'd prefer to try ticketmaster - and see how bad that would be, feel free
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    Yeah, we don't need any more of these type of threads:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96664

;)

:mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Bulldog88Bulldog88 Posts: 380
    +1
    I am beyond excited for what (else) this year will bring!!! I couldn't be happier!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Yeah, we don't need any more of these type of threads:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96664

;)

:mrgreen:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

aw come on...comedic relief is good for the soul...most people know i was just fucking around! ;):mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I am almost as tired of these Barney-esque 'can't we all just get along' threads as I am of the negative ones.

Believe it or not, but not everyone is happy about Ed touring the east coast again. Nor does every get excited about PJ touring Europe for 4 shows.

It is all about the music, and the upcoming new studio album is exciting, but until I see the supposed PJ tour stop somewhere near the Puget Sound, I am reserving giddiness and over excitement.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I am almost as tired of these Barney-esque 'can't we all just get along' threads as I am of the negative ones.

Can't we all just get along?
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Great thread.

I have let the negativity affect me on this board. It is upsetting.

There is so much good happening around Pearl Jam..... yet this board is getting uglier by the minute.

Eddie touring, Pearl Jam touring in Europe, doing two US festivals, and what looks to be more dates in the US and beyond.

An album is coming out by the Fall.

And yet so many are so pissed off. Really it is amazing to see.

I think people need to relax and understand that this band is not the problem.

The problem is in the mirror.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I agree that this is shaping up to be an exciting summer, and I don't understand why people are complaining so much. Ed is touring solo. PJ is touring. A new album is somewhere on the horizon. Everybody was given a fair shake chance at purchasing EV 10 club tickets. Senoirity in the club still gets people great seats to PJ shows. People who don't have senoirity still get awfully good seats, and have a chance at getting even better seats. The holiday single is supposed to be in our hands soon. Things seem pretty good 'round these parts.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Almost makes you want to take your ball and go home doesnt it! :D:D:D

:lol:

i say....whatevvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    this negativity will not stand, it will only make us stronger! ;)
    fuck em......i'll hang with ed and the possimists!
    :D

it's a GORGEOUS day, the sun is shining....soooo much pearl jam and ed on the horizon, all good.
    all the *rest*....i'll save for important things in this world, and there are many...especially at the moment.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    I totally agree! I'm a pretty happy camper right now, although a smidge on the impatient side i'll admit, but still happy happy! :P

In fact my friends are already tired of hearing about it! I'm all.. .let's go to Albany! Let's go to London! Let's go to Toronto! :lol:
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    Well Said
    2008 was awesome and 2009 looks even better
    Some of the best years ever for PJ
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    i'm really excited about everything that's going on. tour, ten reissue, new album, holiday single, deep, ed shows, movie, ACL, etc, etc...

it's a good time to be a PJ fan. looking forward to meeting a lot of you in TX as well. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

Believe it or not, but not everyone is happy about Ed touring the east coast again. Nor does every get excited about PJ touring Europe for 4 shows.

It is all about the music, and the upcoming new studio album is exciting, but until I see the supposed PJ tour stop somewhere near the Puget Sound, I am reserving giddiness and over excitement.

that's because YOU are one of the negative Nancies i was referring to..let it go dude..let it go..i know there isn't much sunshine in your parts but..smoke a fucking joint or something..

why do people in Seattle think they are owed more by this band than anyone else? i don't look at Aerosmith that way!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

that's because YOU are one of the negative Nancies i was referring to..let it go dude..let it go..i know there isn't much sunshine in your parts but..smoke a fucking joint or something..

why do people in Seattle think they are owed more by this band than anyone else? i don't look at Aerosmith that way!

I just want to point out that Aerosmith sucks
  • Options
    I just want to point out that Aerosmith sucks

anything after the mid '80s sucks..but the old shit is still fucking awesome..'70s Aerosmith rocks just as hard as anything anyone has ever done!!
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    thank god crazy breed, totally agree..
    all this pj arent the same anymore, the fans are assholes,
    its all bullshit..
    fuk, we have to be the luckiest fans on the goddamn planet..
    tour, boxset, countless collectables, boots, new album etc etc etc.
    get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942

you're so right, man!
    Thank God they're still around and productive!
    And I am really grateful for even a short little European tour that messes with my other plans.
    Long live PJ!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i'm really excited about everything that's going on. tour, ten reissue, new album, holiday single, deep, ed shows, movie, ACL, etc, etc...

it's a good time to be a PJ fan. looking forward to meeting a lot of you in TX as well. 8-)

absofuckinglutely! 8-)
    i *missed* out on all the beginnings of early pj and shows.....but i feel VERY fortunate that i *found* them when i did. joined the 10c in 2002.....riot act then came out.....first show in april 2003, and then seen them every year since! it's a GREAT time to be a fan! :mrgreen:

bring it all on!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    this negativity will not stand, it will only make us stronger! ;)

This board is unstoppable!!!