Options

Negativity...

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Poncier wrote:
    this negativity will not stand, it will only make us stronger! ;)

This board is unstoppable!!!

:mrgreen:

your current sig line fits in perfectly....;)
    and don't forget......we are beloved in belgium! 8-)

glad someone caught it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Great thread.

It would be nice that every time a negative thread goes up, a positive one goes up too. We'll squash all negativity! :D
  • Options
    thought this was a good idea...so Bump!!!!
    FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
    http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Great thread.

It would be nice that every time a negative thread goes up, a positive one goes up too. We'll squash all negativity! :D

I 2nd this idea! :D
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    +10000
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Heck yes, it's good times for us all.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Am I the only one that finds it funny that the OP made a point about the band being "drug free" and his avatar being a pot leaf?
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    the fact is as the fandom level of PJ fan club members goes up to an extreme level everyone wants to se PJ every year and this isn't possible. I mean if PJ announce a tour of the east the west coast fans go up in arms.. If PJ announce a tour of europe the canadian fans or australian fans do the same thing... the same with eddie shows.. They aren't robots they are people. They can't always be touring and making records etc

whatever the 10c ticket sales policy is there is going to be someone who either misses out or complains..

i just love PJ's music simple as that. To those who will enjoy a eddie v solo show or a pj show this year enjoy :)
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Zoso wrote:
    the fact is as the fandom level of PJ fan club members goes up to an extreme level everyone wants to se PJ every year and this isn't possible. I mean if PJ announce a tour of the east the west coast fans go up in arms.. If PJ announce a tour of europe the canadian fans or australian fans do the same thing... the same with eddie shows.. They aren't robots they are people. They can't always be touring and making records etc

whatever the 10c ticket sales policy is there is going to be someone who either misses out or complains..

i just love PJ's music simple as that. To those who will enjoy a eddie v solo show or a pj show this year enjoy :)

well said

we have been very lucky in the northeast-plenty of shows over the last 6 years
  • Options
    Am I the only one that finds it funny that the OP made a point about the band being "drug free" and his avatar being a pot leaf?

i meant the drugs that kill you..not the ones that make you crave ice cream.
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356

:lol: that is awesome! don't forget the chocolate syrup
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I am almost as tired of these Barney-esque 'can't we all just get along' threads as I am of the negative ones.

Believe it or not, but not everyone is happy about Ed touring the east coast again. Nor does every get excited about PJ touring Europe for 4 shows.

It is all about the music, and the upcoming new studio album is exciting, but until I see the supposed PJ tour stop somewhere near the Puget Sound, I am reserving giddiness and over excitement.

that's because YOU are one of the negative Nancies i was referring to..let it go dude..let it go..i know there isn't much sunshine in your parts but..smoke a fucking joint or something..

why do people in Seattle think they are owed more by this band than anyone else? i don't look at Aerosmith that way!
    Sorry for not feeling it. Maybe when my local region gets some love from Ed or the band I will jump on this bandwagon with you. But until then, meh.
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    Poncier wrote:
    Yeah, we don't need any more of these type of threads:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96664

;)

:mrgreen:

Ha! Pot will do that to you!

Snicker......
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

well said

we have been very lucky in the northeast-plenty of shows over the last 6 years

seriously! have had some show(s) EVERY year, 6 years running! amazing! truly, truly blessed. we get plenty of shows b/c there just is a HUGE amount of diehards living in the NE. not saying bigger or better fans...not at all! just pure dumb luck that a shit-ton of fans live in a corner of the country in a pocket full of states who WILL go to shows, multiple times, across states.....makes it a little pj heaven. :) also factor in how many choose to travel to NYC and boston specifically, and the NE in general.....so even more fans about for shows. even with that tho, it's still a GREAT time to go off and travel...add in some live pj......friends along the way.....great, great times!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

woooooweeeeeee

+1
  • Options
    pjfan1223pjfan1223 Posts: 19
    Some of our citizens should practice their right to shut the fuck up & stop polluting the atmosphere with bitching about total pettiness...if you were a real fan, you'd be happy just to see them period...
    Give me Pearl Jam or give me death!
  • Options
    this place seems to be worse than ever before!! the constant fucking crying and whining and bitching and moaning...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about just taking some time to be thankful? The band is still together! they are all pretty healthy and drug free! they are happy and enjoying life and still making music together! we will have a new album sometime in the next year! Ed is touring! PJ is going to Europe for as little bit! we will get a world tour when the album drops!the delux was awesome!Ten on RockBand!

all in all..it's been a really good PJ year (08-09)

so stop your sniveling and go out and get some sunshine...it'll do wonders for that lingering winter depression!!

inhale the positivity..exhale the negativity..in...out....in...out....

So say we all! (or Amen in Battlestar Galactica nerd-speak) :D :oops:
    I think this every time I read these boards.
  • Options

SO perfectly said. Haha! I could use some ice cream right about now ;)
  • Options
    I agree about the bitching and whining. You make a comment or start a thread that is even meant to be funny, and all these people put it down with cynicism and complaints. Things are not anywhere near that bad. Some folks need to lighten up.
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    This is going to be an exciting year. Im happy for what we DO have.
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    edited April 2009
    I couldn't give a flying fook what a few miseryguts post on a message board. They're usually just looking for an excuse to avoid that steaming pile of underpants in the corner of the bedroom. The test of whether they're just addicted to moaning, or real PJ purists, is to hide their albums under all that shite. If they're prepared to go digging, then they are allowed to regale the rest of us with their wisdom on the Internet. :lol:

All I care about is the music. I have a personal relationship with it, the same as some worshippers have with their deity of choice. Real God bods don't go to a service to be seen or interact with the eejits. They go to get their spiritual fix. And that's what I do at a gig. The difference between PJ and God is, though, however old they are since they created the universe, they can still be witnessed to deliver now and again. ;)
    Post edited by FinsburyParkCarrots on
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I'm tired of all this bitching too!

I'm very happy right now:

I'm going to see ED twice in JUNE!!!

New album in September and HOPEFULLY

I'll see Pearl Jam somewhere in the US this fall.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Ha! Pot will do that to you!

Snicker......

snikers..i love snikers...chocolate, nougat, peanuts and caramel...i put mine in the freezer.....so you're high too huh?
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    All I care about is the music. I have a personal relationship with it, the same as some worshippers have with their deity of choice. Real God bods don't go to a service to be seen or interact with the eejits. They go to get their spiritual fix. And that's what I do at a gig. The difference between PJ and God is, though, however old they are since they created the universe, they can still be witnessed to deliver now and again. ;)

Well said and I couldn't agree more.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I couldn't give a flying fook what a few miseryguts post on a message board. They're usually just looking for an excuse to avoid that steaming pile of underpants in the corner of the bedroom. The test of whether they're just addicted to moaning, or real PJ purists, is to hide their albums under all that shite. If they're prepared to go digging, then they are allowed to regale the rest of us with their wisdom on the Internet. :lol:

Not sure where you were going with the first paragraph, but on the second paragraph I would bet that if this band that you compare to god resided and was hailed from your home town, and then if they refused to play that town and general region, I am thinking you wouldn't be too happy about it. Because it is ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!

That always cracks me up when folks come into these many many 'can't we all just get along" threads with the defense that for them they don't get the negativity because for them "it's all about the music." Can we just go ahead and realize that even for those of us not supper happy lately around here, that the passion is also ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC? No shit, or I wouldn't give two shits about this band if it wasn;t all about the music. Why do you think I am so pissed that the Ed solo tour and Pearl Jam in recent years haven't played Seattle; because it's ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC.

Fins, you know I love ya.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    That always cracks me up when folks come into these many many 'can't we all just get along" threads with the defense that for them they don't get the negativity because for them "it's all about the music." Can we just go ahead and realize that even for those of us not supper happy lately around here, that the passion is also ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC? No shit, or I wouldn't give two shits about this band if it wasn;t all about the music. Why do you think I am so pissed that the Ed solo tour and Pearl Jam in recent years haven't played Seattle; because it's ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC.

i think it's safe to say if you are a member of the fan club then you are "all about the music"..the difference being...we all don't piss and moan about not feeling loved...and next time you go to complain about their lack of playing the puget sound area think about some of our overseas friends who see them 10x less than you..yet don't complain nearly as bad as us spoiled american fans.
  • Options
    hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    EV nor PJ is playing Ohio...and I was bummed. So I'm driving to Baltimore and bought a flight to Austin. "If the mountain won't come to mohammad"...you get the gist, Seattle?
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Options
    EV nor PJ is playing Ohio...and I was bummed. So I'm driving to Baltimore and bought a flight to Austin. "If the mountain won't come to mohammad"...you get the gist, Seattle?

great point, great post!
    sooooooo many people do this!
    just b/c seattle happens to be pj's 'hometown' doesn't actually make them anymore *entitled*.....who in the hell is, really?.....to getting shows or not getting shows. and yada, yada...yes i DO live in an area pj frequents, a LOT....but i also travel a LOT to see them all over, b/c i love to travel, love live pj....love the combo! 8-)

hubby and i wll be drving down to baltimore for a mini holiday and live ed! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Not sure where you were going with the first paragraph, but on the second paragraph I would bet that if this band that you compare to god resided and was hailed from your home town, and then if they refused to play that town and general region, I am thinking you wouldn't be too happy about it. Because it is ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!

I've no idea where I was going with the first paragraph either. I was drunk. :mrgreen: As for the second bit, there's a band from my hometown that hasn't played a gig here since about 1967. They're called Pink Floyd, the feckers. ;)