Options

So when will the US dates be announced??

Comments

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Good morning. Just waitin for that frickin bird again!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Good morning. Just waitin for that frickin bird again!!!

Me too!

I need to hear a TWEET about some North America tour dates!!!!!

Looks like we will have to wait another couple of weeks for the bird to resurface. :roll:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Hopefully not for a couple weeks since tickets seem to be going onsale the same day as the announcement...I need to save some more money
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    you're right. i did waste my time. because no matter what i (or anyone else) says, you will twist it around and make it negative and piss all over someone else's thoughts because in your little mind, you are never wrong. what a sad way to live.

why? because i may disagree with someone?

i'm not allowed to have an opinion?

excuse me for expressing my frustration. too bad i can't fit your mold of the perfect pearl jam fan...

:roll:
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:

Wow....GREAT comeback!

Thanks..... I too thought it was pretty witty. :mrgreen:

Yeah, except I was being sarcastic. But clearly, you're not intelligent enough to pick up on that.

And what's your point with the dictionary link? I used the word correctly. It's PRETENTIOUS to say flock when what you really mean to say is fuck.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Now now kids...dads back...you dont want me to get the belt do you?
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i reallyyyyy hope they dont do the whole announcment then ticket sales right away thing again they should at least give us a day at looking at the dates to figure stuff out!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    Yeah, except I was being sarcastic. But clearly, you're not intelligent enough to pick up on that.
    LOL. classic.
    petrocs wrote:
    Double LOL. Awesome.
    ... Time served on earth doesn't mean you grow in mind. ...
    I thought that sounded familiar. Someone's a Creed fan?

Your opinion is (or should be, IMO) welcome on the board. Some humility might help. I'll use some lyrics to illustrate my point, but I'll give credit: "I find no absolution in my rational point of view"... it's Rush, Open Secrets... 1987 (about when you were born?). You might learn something from the rest of the lyrics of that song as well. Take a deep breath before reading, it's no Creed song (chill, Creed is ok but Neil Peart is a lyrical master).

happy reading... and since I'm guessing not enough people tell you this, have a great day.
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    LOL. classic.
    petrocs wrote:
    Double LOL. Awesome.

Your opinion is (or should be, IMO) welcome on the board. Some humility might help. I'll use some lyrics to illustrate my point, but I'll give credit: "I find no absolution in my rational point of view"... it's Rush, Open Secrets... 1987 (about when you were born?). You might learn something from the rest of the lyrics of that song as well. Take a deep breath before reading, it's no Creed song (chill, Creed is ok but Neil Peart is a lyrical master).

happy reading... and since I'm guessing not enough people tell you this, have a great day.

haha at least we know someones happy about creed reuniting! :lol:
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    InMyTree4 wrote:

haha at least we know someones happy about creed reuniting! :lol:
    I think I know where that was directed, but just to clear the air... i'm not a fan of Creed, just a lyrics freak. :-)
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Wilds wrote:

Wow....GREAT comeback!

Thanks..... I too thought it was pretty witty. :mrgreen:

And what's your point with the dictionary link? I used the word correctly. It's PRETENTIOUS to say flock when what you really mean to say is fuck.

You obviously missed the sarcasm about your sarcasm.

"Sarcasm is a form of irony that is bitter or cutting, being intended to taunt its target." (From Wiki)

Let me explain it for you. Because you miss the point of almost everything I throw at you, I simply keep goading you into angry responses. It's not a fair fight, but it is semi amusing for me.

That is not very adult of me, but sometimes when the tool is sitting there, you have to use it.

So by ignoring your sarcasm and pretending that you were serious I succeeded in stirring up the angry "I hate Pearl Jam" Music is for Rhinos board persona.

It's kind of like what happened Here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96735

When you were owned by decides2dream and everyone else who responded.

They were just having a little fun at your expense.

People would probably leave you alone..... but again the tool analogy. You get it right?
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    well this thread went to shit after the bird and turtle jokes i see...........
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I like how at least everybody in most of the pearl jam world excluding some areas are giddy about some kind of show. The East coast, south, and hawaii have the eddie vedder shows to look forward to. Europeans are planning on trying to find ways short of armed robbery to get to all 4 shows, and the west and south are just waiting til the US tour dates drop, and don't forget about VS. reissue coming up sometime soon. For a band that has been around for nearly 20 years, they sure can keep a fan base in a frenzy like if they were a new band.

:mrgreen:
    indeed, indeed.....so well said!
    i'm hoping they come east after ACL.....i keep postin' how AWESOME the autumn is in NYC! :mrgreen:;)8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    edited April 2009
    mfc2006 wrote:
    you're right. i did waste my time. because no matter what i (or anyone else) says, you will twist it around and make it negative and piss all over someone else's thoughts because in your little mind, you are never wrong. what a sad way to live.

excuse me for expressing my frustration. too bad i can't fit your mold of the perfect pearl jam fan...

of course you're entitled to your own opinion. and you are free to speak and act however you choose. but i think it's safe to say that you don't always present your thoughts and opinions in a constructive way.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    getting the thread back on track...any news ??
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    getting the thread back on track...any news ??

everyone's waiting on the next tweet from that silly bird, i think. my best guess is that they'll give us some more info in the next 2-3 weeks.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:

You obviously missed the sarcasm about your sarcasm.

"Sarcasm is a form of irony that is bitter or cutting, being intended to taunt its target." (From Wiki)

Let me explain it for you. Because you miss the point of almost everything I throw at you, I simply keep goading you into angry responses. It's not a fair fight, but it is semi amusing for me.

That is not very adult of me, but sometimes when the tool is sitting there, you have to use it.

So by ignoring your sarcasm and pretending that you were serious I succeeded in stirring up the angry "I hate Pearl Jam" Music is for Rhinos board persona.

It's kind of like what happened Here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96735

When you were owned by decides2dream and everyone else who responded.

They were just having a little fun at your expense.

People would probably leave you alone..... but again the tool analogy. You get it right?

i didn't miss your sarcasm.
    i get all your points, it's just that they suck.
    don't patronize me. i'm smarter than you are.
  • Options
    DH73695 wrote:
    LOL. classic.
    petrocs wrote:
    Double LOL. Awesome.

I wish people wouldn't make assumptions.

I was born in 1986 not 1987.

I know I quoted Creed but I am not a Creed fan.

People tell me to have a great day all the time, I have 2 jobs and am constantly talking to people.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    You mean the announcement of the Pearl Jam US tour consisting of only the east coast? I am sure it's coming. :roll:
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

of course you're entitled to your own opinion. and you are free to speak and act however you choose. but i think it's safe to say that you don't always present your thoughts and opinions in a constructive way.

i think it's safe to say NO ONE always presents his or her thoughts and opinions in a constructive way.
  • Options
    DH73695 wrote:
    LOL. classic.
    petrocs wrote:
    Double LOL. Awesome.

I wish people wouldn't make assumptions.

I was born in 1986 not 1987.

I know I quoted Creed but I am not a Creed fan.

People tell me to have a great day all the time, I have 2 jobs and am constantly talking to people.
    and it's also a good thing that you don't take everything so literally. this would be a mess if you did.

oh and sorry, not knowing the month of your birth, i just took a guess on the year. '86/'87, turns out it doesn't matter at all for the message I was trying to get across, which you missed completely by your overwhelming need to be right and attack only the details of a post, not it's meaning/message.

and on the "smarter than you" (i shouldn't have to say this, but I will, 'yes, I know you weren't talking to me')... that's a pretty bold statement based on what I can only assume (yep, i'm assuming) is a limited interaction with Wilds. While you may (possibly) be smarter based on some detail oriented methodology (i.e., IQ test score), it's clear to many of us that you are a) a poor communicator and b) not really that good at conceptualizing things. Good communication skills and reasonable social skills can be presented as "smart", even if someone scored 2/3 what you got on the SAT (it's a concept, I don't know if you took the SAT and if so, how well you did). Alas, good communication is "hard work", and I'm going to assume you haven't had the opportunity to experience that yet either (there I go assuming again).

(no sarcasm here, really)... I'm glad that you have people around you that like to pat you on the back. I'm gonna take a stab at a psychology concept... I'm guessing no one ever really told you when you did something wrong when you were growing up (again, big picture, not how you held the bat in t-ball) and that "good job" was everywhere around you. Therefore, none of this is really your fault.

Sometimes, when people who have more "experience" than you, have an opinion that differs from yours, maybe, just maybe, if you stop and listen to the reasoning of how they formed their opinion, you might learn something... I know, a hard thing to swallow for someone as smart as you are... what could you have left to learn?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    Well I see that this thread went in a ridiculous direction....
  • Options
    Well I see that this thread went in a ridiculous direction....
    SHHHHHHHHHHH, we're trying to help him. LOL :)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    aNiMaL wrote:
    You mean the announcement of the Pearl Jam US tour consisting of only the east coast? I am sure it's coming. :roll:

come east my friend!
    always welcome!
    :mrgreen:

funny.....only US dates thus far seem west coast. SF, then ACL.....and given the month inbetween, i'd imagine some other westcoast dates. wait and see...you may well be pleasantly surprised!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i have been informed by a reliable source that wichita is on the map.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    and it's also a good thing that you don't take everything so literally. this would be a mess if you did.

oh and sorry, not knowing the month of your birth, i just took a guess on the year. '86/'87, turns out it doesn't matter at all for the message I was trying to get across, which you missed completely by your overwhelming need to be right and attack only the details of a post, not it's meaning/message.

and on the "smarter than you" (i shouldn't have to say this, but I will, 'yes, I know you weren't talking to me')... that's a pretty bold statement based on what I can only assume (yep, i'm assuming) is a limited interaction with Wilds. While you may (possibly) be smarter based on some detail oriented methodology (i.e., IQ test score), it's clear to many of us that you are a) a poor communicator and b) not really that good at conceptualizing things. Good communication skills and reasonable social skills can be presented as "smart", even if someone scored 2/3 what you got on the SAT (it's a concept, I don't know if you took the SAT and if so, how well you did). Alas, good communication is "hard work", and I'm going to assume you haven't had the opportunity to experience that yet either (there I go assuming again).

(no sarcasm here, really)... I'm glad that you have people around you that like to pat you on the back. I'm gonna take a stab at a psychology concept... I'm guessing no one ever really told you when you did something wrong when you were growing up (again, big picture, not how you held the bat in t-ball) and that "good job" was everywhere around you. Therefore, none of this is really your fault.

Sometimes, when people who have more "experience" than you, have an opinion that differs from yours, maybe, just maybe, if you stop and listen to the reasoning of how they formed their opinion, you might learn something... I know, a hard thing to swallow for someone as smart as you are... what could you have left to learn?

instead of guessing the year of my birth, why not just ask?

that way you don't have to make an assumption.

i got the message you were trying to get across.

far from it, i am an excellent communicator and if you knew me in person you would realize that. but that's okay, i don't take anything personally.

i am not saying that i feel the need for people to pat me on the back. in fact, i don't have that need. however, it happens anyway...because people like me. it's not my fault a few people here on a pearl jam internet message board disagree with me and my opinions.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. you have yours, i have mine. sometimes people agree, sometimes they don't. it's not a perfect world.

as for arguing, everyone else is just as guilty as i am. why? because it takes two to tango.

how dare you judge me? you don't know what i've been through in my life. i have a lot of experience. of course i could have more. you can never have enough experience. but just because someone is older than me doesn't mean they have more experience than me. i am not claiming to have more experience than others here. i am not making any sort of claim one way or another in regards to that.

life is a marathon, not a sprint.

i respect the fact that people have their opinions and i DO listen to the reasoning of how they formed it...that is part of understanding the opinion. it still doesn't mean i have to agree with it.

i am always open to learning, i learn every day and i love to learn. it's not a hard thing to swallow at all.

i have lots left to learn; we all do.
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666

far from it, i am an excellent communicator and if you knew me in person you would realize that. but that's okay, i don't take anything personally.

i am not saying that i feel the need for people to pat me on the back. in fact, i don't have that need. however, it happens anyway...because people like me. it's not my fault a few people here on a pearl jam internet message board disagree with me and my opinions.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. you have yours, i have mine. sometimes people agree, sometimes they don't. it's not a perfect world.

as for arguing, everyone else is just as guilty as i am. why? because it takes two to tango.

how dare you judge me? you don't know what i've been through in my life. i have a lot of experience. of course i could have more. you can never have enough experience. but just because someone is older than me doesn't mean they have more experience than me. i am not claiming to have more experience than others here. i am not making any sort of claim one way or another in regards to that.

i respect the fact that people have their opinions and i DO listen to the reasoning of how they formed it...that is part of understanding the opinion. it still doesn't mean i have to agree with it.

i am always open to learning, i learn every day and i love to learn. it's not a hard thing to swallow at all.

The last line is the only relevant thing you have said the entire thread Rhinos! So why not do everyone here a favor and quit while you are ahead, okay?
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    HEY TEN CLUB....HOW ABOUT SHEDDING SOME LIGHT ON THIS? EVEN A SIMPLE "Next week" WOULD SUFFICE. ENOUGH WITH THE SHROUD OF MYSTERY AROUND HERE. YOU AREN'T DARKWING DUCK...YOU ARE A BUSINESS/FAN CLUB FOR THE FANS. TRY ACTING LIKE THAT MORE THAN ONCE AND AWHILE.

Sorry for the caps but I thought maybe this post would be more difficult to ignore than the previous 8 pages of politeness.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    darkwing duck!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    zootown wrote:

The last line is the only relevant thing you have said the entire thread Rhinos! So why not do everyone here a favor and quit while you are ahead, okay?

the last line is the only relevant line? so life isn't a marathon, it's a sprint? it doesn't take two people to argue? you know everything i have been through in my life?

please.... :roll:
This discussion has been closed.