Options

So when will the US dates be announced??

Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
edited April 2009 in The Porch
With the official ACL announcement coming tomorrow, when do we think the US tour dates will be officially announced?? Will there be another tweet? I'm hoping for the next week or two.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    mid May is my guess
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    A better question would be what is gonna happen first, the tweet for US tour dates or the 2008 pearl jam single arriving at my front door?
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    NadesNades Posts: 158
    oh yeah haha i completely forgot about that christmas single
    it better be here soon, and we NEED some US dates! come on bird, cough it up you little bastard

we just gotta walk hard
    down life's
    rocky road 8-)
  • Options
    I like how at least everybody in most of the pearl jam world excluding some areas are giddy about some kind of show. The East coast, south, and hawaii have the eddie vedder shows to look forward to. Europeans are planning on trying to find ways short of armed robbery to get to all 4 shows, and the west and south are just waiting til the US tour dates drop, and don't forget about VS. reissue coming up sometime soon. For a band that has been around for nearly 20 years, they sure can keep a fan base in a frenzy like if they were a new band.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I am invited to a wedding in Chicago in September and wasn't planning on going. However, if PJ announces a tour date within a week before or after that wedding date in Chi-town, I'll be there. :D
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    I'm beginning to hate that damn bird.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mid May is my guess
    I second that. They have to give ACL at least a couple of weeks to sell tickets. Plus, these shows likely won't be until the beginning of September, so there is still plenty of time.

I would guess that the Outside Lands show will likely be the first stop in the US.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    BeerBaron wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mid May is my guess
    I second that. They have to give ACL at least a couple of weeks to sell tickets. Plus, these shows likely won't be until the beginning of September, so there is still plenty of time.

I would guess that the Outside Lands show will likely be the first stop in the US.
    I agree and hopefully a show or two in Seattle, to warm up for SF, thats way over due
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    I am invited to a wedding in Chicago in September and wasn't planning on going. However, if PJ announces a tour date within a week before or after that wedding date in Chi-town, I'll be there. :D

I see nothing at all wrong with this line of thinking. :mrgreen:
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    US Dates will be announced in 2010.

Full Canadian tour will be announced July 1, 2009.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Hopefully they won't announce US dates for a few months. My wallet is still hurting from EV tix
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    With the official ACL announcement coming tomorrow, when do we think the US tour dates will be officially announced?? Will there be another tweet? I'm hoping for the next week or two.......

I've been asking this question for three years now brotha

"I'm going to kill that God damn bird"...lol
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Alpine Valley please :)
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    ……thinking of a yummy medley to stuff the bird with. Finger licking good! ;)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869

good! then the sea turtle Backspacer can start bringing the news, I like him better anyway, not as noisy. :mrgreen:
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited April 2009
    a5pj wrote:

good! then the sea turtle Backspacer can start bringing the news, I like him better anyway, not as noisy. :mrgreen:

Jeremy
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • Options
    KingJeremy wrote:
    a5pj wrote:

We would get just as much info from the turtle as we do from the ten club on the band.. :lol:

Jeremy
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    Ah, Backspacer would be more fitting anyway. …….being a turtle and all. IF you look at turtle speed on land. SLOW!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    Alpine Valley please :)

Amen!
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22
  • Options
    I, for one, am not impressed.

A FIVE DAY tour of Europe?! FOUR SHOWS!!! OMG!!!

BIG deal.

This band is starting to piss me off.

1. They never tour anymore! They haven't done a REAL TOUR since 2006. In 2007 they were off the whole year and played the Vic and Lolla...WOW. In 2008 they did a MONTH. That's nothing! Even in 2006, it was supposed to be their biggest tour but 2003 was way more shows.

2. They have TONS of money folks! And yet they continue to milk us with this rerelease nonsense, a seemingly never-ending bevy of over-priced hoodies, t-shirts and posters...not to mention this Guitar Hero stuff is pretty stupid, if that's not selling out what is?

3. The self titled is easily their worst album. The last good record was either Binaural or Riot Act...that's 7-9 years ago!

4. Taking away our beloved message pit and charging to post?! Just such a bogus move it's ridiculous!

Before anyone responds, understand this: I LOVEDDDDD this band like you don't even know for many years. I stuck up for them for a LONG time. I never thought I'd be sitting here saying this one day but DAMN...how much can you take, how much shit can they pull before it's like, "wait a minute here, what's going on?" They are not the same band as they were even as recently as 3 years ago. I feel like they have strayed from the ideals that made me like them so much in the first place.
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666

BIG deal.

1. They never tour anymore! They haven't done a REAL TOUR since 2006. In 2007 they were off the whole year and played the Vic and Lolla...WOW. In 2008 they did a MONTH. That's nothing! Even in 2006, it was supposed to be their biggest tour but 2003 was way more shows.

2. They have TONS of money folks! And yet they continue to milk us with this rerelease nonsense, a seemingly never-ending bevy of over-priced hoodies, t-shirts and posters...not to mention this Guitar Hero stuff is pretty stupid, if that's not selling out what is?

3. The self titled is easily their worst album. The last good record was either Binaural or Riot Act...that's 7-9 years ago!

4. Taking away our beloved message pit and charging to post?! Just such a bogus move it's ridiculous!

Before anyone responds, understand this: I LOVEDDDDD this band like you don't even know for many years. I stuck up for them for a LONG time. I never thought I'd be sitting here saying this one day but DAMN...how much can you take, how much shit can they pull before it's like, "wait a minute here, what's going on?" They are not the same band as they were even as recently as 3 years ago. I feel like they have strayed from the ideals that made me like them so much in the first place.

Really? Not trying to be a jerk, but you sound mighty young and naive with posts like this. Pearl Jam is not immortal, and to have a band consisting of mid 40's fathers who still tour at all is amazing! This band has been around longer than you have likely been alive, so keep your negative gripes to yourself, and if you are considering no longer being a fan, than dont let the door hit you on the way out!!! :evil:

P.S. one last thing, for all your griping about them not doing enough, have you forgotten how busy Eddie has been in the past 2 years!??? The man seems to have fucking cloned himself he is involved in so many projects!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574

BIG deal.

Their last "real" tour was 2006 because it was promoting an album, their last album. Most bands don't tour worldwide when they are not promoting an album. PJ makes an effort and do a DAMN good job of getting out there and playing in front of fans. When they release their next album, expect a world tour. Until then, sit tight.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    a5pj wrote:

I think Backspacer is a She not a He.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
    edited April 2009
    zootown wrote:

Really? Not trying to be a jerk, but you sound mighty young and naive with posts like this. Pearl Jam is not immortal, and to have a band consisting of mid 40's fathers who still tour at all is amazing! This band has been around longer than you have likely been alive, so keep your negative gripes to yourself, and if you are considering no longer being a fan, than dont let the door hit you on the way out!!! :evil:

P.S. one last thing, for all your griping about them not doing enough, have you forgotten how busy Eddie has been in the past 2 years!??? The man seems to have fucking cloned himself he is involved in so many projects!

First of all, I am 22. That's older than the band has been around.

Second, all you addressed was the touring issue.

What about the fact that they took away the message pit and now charge to post? That is ridiculous. And how they are much more merchandise-oriented these days. I thought it was supposed to be about the music. Don't call me negative and naive. I loved this band as much as or more than anyone on here.
    Post edited by Music For Rhinos on
  • Options

BIG deal.

I totally agree with you...All they are concerned about now is the next big paycheck..The ten club is a joke...Pearl Jam the band itself is headed down the same path as ten club..

• Options

Their last "real" tour was 2006 because it was promoting an album, their last album. Most bands don't tour worldwide when they are not promoting an album. PJ makes an effort and do a DAMN good job of getting out there and playing in front of fans. When they release their next album, expect a world tour. Until then, sit tight.

okay, fair enough. what about my other points though? funny how no one has anything to say about that.
  • Options

BIG deal.

I totally agree with you...Then band is only concerned about the next big paycheck..Plus, us helping them support their fav causes...The ten club is a joke...Pearl jam doesn't give a shit about the fans anymore...If so?..Show some love to the fans...
  • Options
    Don't give me this family excuse either...They choice this career...Family should be first I totally agree with that...If they don't want tour that much?..Well that is their choice...But, don't expect the fans to bend over backwards for them to support them..

Jeremy
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Musicforrhinos,

1. They tour when they promote an album.

2. Buy stuff if you want. No one is forcing you to shell out any money. You can't be milked if you don't allow it.

3. Liking or disliking an album is very subjective. Some love S/T, some hate it. I guess you hate it, but I think you are in the minority on this.

4. I don't love the choice to have the Message pit be for members only, but if they wanted to clean it up, then mission accomplished. I liked it better the old way, but really this is a small issue. Who really gives a shit. It's a message board. There are 1000's of them, and at least a hand full out there dedicated to Pearl Jam.

If this band and this hobby makes you so crazy. Get the "flock" out of here. You won't be missed at all. I don't mean to be negative, but I have been inspired by you.

This band makes me happy. I love how much they tour. Any more and I would be broke. I've been to an Eddie Show or a Pearl Jam show in 03, 05, 06 X 10, 07 X1, 08 X4, and plan to go to a few this year. I call that being spoiled. They tour a lot.

If they make you mad and pissed off, then it's time to move along.

Unless you are some type of masochist?
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    KingJeremy wrote:
    Don't give me this family excuse either...They choice this career...Family should be first I totally agree with that...If they don't want tour that much?..Well that is their choice...But, don't expect the fans to bend over backwards for them to support them..

Jeremy

And while I'm on this angry rant I might as well address the angriest of them all.

Jeremy,

It seems obvious that you despise this band. Please go away and pursue something that makes you happy.

Your anger and negativity is truly disgusting to witness.
This discussion has been closed.