Options

So when will the US dates be announced??

Comments

• Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Wilds wrote:
    Musicforrhinos,

1. They tour when they promote an album.

2. Buy stuff if you want. No one is forcing you to shell out any money. You can't be milked if you don't allow it.

3. Liking or disliking an album is very subjective. Some love S/T, some hate it. I guess you hate it, but I think you are in the minority on this.

4. I don't love the choice to have the Message pit be for members only, but if they wanted to clean it up, then mission accomplished. I liked it better the old way, but really this is a small issue. Who really gives a shit. It's a message board. There are 1000's of them, and at least a hand full out there dedicated to Pearl Jam.

If this band and this hobby makes you so crazy. Get the "flock" out of here. You won't be missed at all. I don't mean to be negative, but I have been inspired by you.

This band makes me happy. I love how much they tour. Any more and I would be broke. I've been to an Eddie Show or a Pearl Jam show in 03, 05, 06 X 10, 07 X1, 08 X4, and plan to go to a few this year. I call that being spoiled. They tour a lot.

If they make you mad and pissed off, then it's time to move along.

Unless you are some type of masochist?

So not giving a shit about the fans is ok...That is all the band preached for the longest time...Now it is all about the money...
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited April 2009
    KingJeremy wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    Musicforrhinos,

2. Buy stuff if you want. No one is forcing you to shell out any money. You can't be milked if you don't allow it.

3. Liking or disliking an album is very subjective. Some love S/T, some hate it. I guess you hate it, but I think you are in the minority on this.

4. I don't love the choice to have the Message pit be for members only, but if they wanted to clean it up, then mission accomplished. I liked it better the old way, but really this is a small issue. Who really gives a shit. It's a message board. There are 1000's of them, and at least a hand full out there dedicated to Pearl Jam.

If this band and this hobby makes you so crazy. Get the "flock" out of here. You won't be missed at all. I don't mean to be negative, but I have been inspired by you.

This band makes me happy. I love how much they tour. Any more and I would be broke. I've been to an Eddie Show or a Pearl Jam show in 03, 05, 06 X 10, 07 X1, 08 X4, and plan to go to a few this year. I call that being spoiled. They tour a lot.

So not giving a shit about the fans is ok...That is all the band preached for the longest time...Now it is all about the money...

Says you. They did the free Vic show, they did a free show in Hollywood. They put out merchandise and specialty items cause the fans beg for it.

They charge $20.00 for a fan club. That is ridiculously low for what we get IMO.

They donate time and money like no other band I know. Be it the bridge school, Tsunami event, Raising money for David Lynch, raising money for surfriders, turtles ;) etc. etc.

They put on 3 hour shows, and as far as I can tell charge less than other acts of their size and scope.

That all sounds good to me. I'm very happy with the band and what they stand for.
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I, for one, am not impressed.

A FIVE DAY tour of Europe?! FOUR SHOWS!!! OMG!!!

BIG deal.

This band is starting to piss me off.
    Then stop listening.
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Wilds wrote:
    KingJeremy wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    Musicforrhinos,

Says you. They did the free Vic show, they did a free show in Hollywood. They put out merchandise and specialty items cause the fans beg for it.

They charge $20.00 for a fan club. That is ridiculously low for what we get IMO.

They donate time and money like no other band I know. Be it the bridge school, Tsunami event, Raising money for David Lynch, raising money for surfriders, turtles ;) etc. etc.

They put on 3 hour shows, and as far as I can tell charge less than other acts of their size and scope.

Pretty good to this fan. I probably just have a rational perspective about life in general and this hobby specifically, too much to ask of the angry man.

Keep on drinking the pearl jam kool aid...They are great band and put on a kickass show...But, they are still about the money these days...I'm finished posting on this board...Hope that makes you happy..Plus, I am done gonig out of my way to help anyone that is pearl jam fan...I shouldn't be that way...But, that is how it is going to be now...I will buy pearl jam's albums but I am not going to attend many shows..Only if they are near me..

jeremy
  • Options
    KingJeremy wrote:

Keep on drinking the pearl jam kool aid...They are great band and put on a kickass show...But, they are still about the money these days...I'm finished posting on this board...Hope that makes you happy..Plus, I am done gonig out of my way to help anyone that is pearl jam fan...I shouldn't be that way...But, that is how it is going to be now...I will buy pearl jam's albums but I am not going to attend many shows..Only if they are near me..

jeremy

jeremy

No cool aid here. I realize they make a lot of money, but I'm intelligent enough to realize they now support a huge company of people. And I'm fine with that.

This is not about 5 guys making endless cash. They support the lives and families of everyone from the roadies to the Ten club staff.

They no longer live on their friends couches.

So what?

This is reason to post negative, angry, whining, ignorant rubbish all the time?

Please.

EDIT:

Great. Go be negative elsewhere.

Thank you!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    edited April 2009
    Don't waste time arguing about this guys. PJ is going to do what they want to do for whatever reasons they want to do it and you can either buy tickets and merchandise or NOT.

They are selling products so they can continue to earn lots of money. They also like to make good music. Thank goodness for that. They still work hard to put on good concerts. Thank heavens for that.

They could be riding an old broken-down horse, but they try to keep their vehicle in excellent repair instead. ;)
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Musicforrhinos,

1. Yes, I am aware of that. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

2. That is not the point. The point is that the greed of the band is apparent by the fact that they're making all of this merchandise available. They just want our money.

3. I didn't say I hated it. I said it was their worst album. I like some songs on it. It is still their weakest effort.

4. You're in the minority on this one. A lot of people were pretty mad and disappointed about this. It's pretty shitty to take away a free board and replace it with one that isn't free.

Get the "flock" out of here? Haha. What the hell does that mean? I inspired you? Okay. You're a strange one.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    How many shows in the USA do you expect them to play?

I'm guessing they will tour from the August 28 SF festival through the October Austin festival...hopefully beyond that...

It seems like most of you think an annoucement will be made sometime in early May which I agree sounds about right since they will have to wait until the pre-sale for the European shows is over.

I really hope I can get to at least one Pearl Jam show this year! :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I, for one, am not impressed.

A FIVE DAY tour of Europe?! FOUR SHOWS!!! OMG!!!

BIG deal.

This band is starting to piss me off.
    Then stop listening.

I'll listen if I want. ;)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    I'm guessing they will tour from the August 28 SF festival through the October Austin festival...hopefully beyond that...

your guess is correct :D
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    norm wrote:

:D:D:D:D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    norm wrote:

That would be very nice!!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    wow, how quickly things can turn to shit around here :lol::lol::lol:

my guess is reply to the OP is, within a week!

ACL announce Tomorrow, Euro 10c sales finished in a few days, go time! :D:D:D:D

it is a little annoying that they announce the dates and have them on sale almost straight away leaving no time to plan, but such is life!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

and if they don't, i might become one of those whiny tools like rhinos and jeremy and complain about everything the band does when i have no good reason to ;)
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

and if they don't, i might become one of those whiny tools like rhinos and jeremy and complain about everything the band does when i have no good reason to ;)

hahahaha
  • Options
    wow, how quickly things can turn to shit around here :lol::lol::lol:

my guess is reply to the OP is, within a week!

ACL announce Tomorrow, Euro 10c sales finished in a few days, go time! :D:D:D:D

I agree...My guess is by Monday we will have a North American Announcement.
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Musicforrhinos,

2. That is not the point. The point is that the greed of the band is apparent by the fact that they're making all of this merchandise available. They just want our money.

3. I didn't say I hated it. I said it was their worst album. I like some songs on it. It is still their weakest effort.

4. You're in the minority on this one. A lot of people were pretty mad and disappointed about this. It's pretty shitty to take away a free board and replace it with one that isn't free.

Get the "flock" out of here? Haha. What the hell does that mean? I inspired you? Okay. You're a strange one.

Flock = Fuck

I guess Captain Obvious is needed around here.

22 huh? :lol:
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    Musicforrhinos,

Flock = Fuck

I guess Captain Obvious is needed around here.

22 huh? :lol:

Wow....GREAT comeback!

I know what you meant by flock...obviously you didn't get what I was getting at.

Instead of being pretentious, just come out and say fuck...no one cares, anyway.

Way to use my term in your "original" comeback... Hahaha...

Yeah, 22, so what? Age is just a number. Time served on earth doesn't mean you grow in mind.

Get a life.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    here we go again.
    musicforrhinos....nevermind.
    not going to waste my time.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    here we go again.
    musicforrhinos....nevermind.
    not going to waste my time.

you already did!

hahahaha
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    you're right. i did waste my time. because no matter what i (or anyone else) says, you will twist it around and make it negative and piss all over someone else's thoughts because in your little mind, you are never wrong. what a sad way to live.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

Wow....GREAT comeback!

Thanks..... I too thought it was pretty witty. :mrgreen:
  • Options

Instead of being pretentious, just come out and say fuck...no one cares, anyway.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pretentious
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    With the official ACL announcement coming tomorrow, when do we think the US tour dates will be officially announced?? Will there be another tweet? I'm hoping for the next week or two.......

So, now that Europeans got what they wished for, they should just move aside. I'm thinking it's West Coast's turn to get some lovin' :)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    With the official ACL announcement coming tomorrow, when do we think the US tour dates will be officially announced?? Will there be another tweet? I'm hoping for the next week or two.......

So, now that Europeans got what they wished for, they should just move aside. I'm thinking it's West Coast's turn to get some lovin' :)

I think on their way from OLF to ACL they should hit:

Mountain View X2
    Sac
    Fresno
    SB X2
    LA X3
    SD X2

and of course Vegas X2

AND all of this after they've warmed up in Sea X2 and Portland!

:o:mrgreen::D
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    ACL official :D:D:D
    http://2009.aclfestival.com/
    see you there
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    Wilds wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:

I think on their way from OLF to ACL they should hit:

Mountain View X2
    Sac
    Fresno
    SB X2
    LA X3
    SD X2

and of course Vegas X2

:o:mrgreen::D

Sounds like a plan to me. Unfortunately this don't mean shit as my name is not:
    a. Kelly Curtis
    b. Eddie Vedder
    c. Jeff Ament
    d. Stone Gossard
    e. Mike McCready
    (I don't think Matt or Boom or anybody else for that matter gets to say anything about where and when to tour :twisted: )
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Dont see anywhere on the site who is playing on what day. Am I just missing it?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Mountain View X2
    Sac
    Fresno
    SB X2
    LA X3
    SD X2

and of course Vegas X2

:o:mrgreen::D[/quote]

a. Kelly Curtis
    b. Eddie Vedder
    c. Jeff Ament
    d. Stone Gossard
    e. Mike McCready
    (I don't think Matt or Boom or anybody else for that matter gets to say anything about where and when to tour :twisted: )[/quote]

Do you think MRS Vedder and MRS McCready have any pull ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

a. BOOM
    b. BOOM
    c. BOOM
    d. BOOM
    e. BOOM
    (I don't think Stone or Eddie or anybody else for that matter gets to say anything about where and when to tour :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Fixed :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.