Options

Manchester 2009 Crew!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pegasus wrote:
    they're nowhere near to each other for Man though neither are much further from the venue..

Peg... it's less than a mile between them if walking... 15minutes walking at best... so not exactly 'nowhere near to each other'

i knew what Hitchy meant 8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    so people are catching a bus to london straight after the manchester show?

i'll definitely be going in the morning not after the gig.

if i go to london it'll be the next day for sure... the bus that Einat is organising is £20 and leaves straight after the show... so what would i do once i get to London at 3.00am? whereas the train leaves almost every hour and costs £11 or so... so i'll take the sleep in and save money methinks :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    dunkman wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:
    they're nowhere near to each other for Man though neither are much further from the venue..

Peg... it's less than a mile between them if walking... 15minutes walking at best... so not exactly 'nowhere near to each other'

i knew what Hitchy meant 8-)

Yeah it's about a 10 min walk from the MEN, not far at all.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

if i go to london it'll be the next day for sure... the bus that Einat is organising is £20 and leaves straight after the show... so what would i do once i get to London at 3.00am? whereas the train leaves almost every hour and costs £11 or so... so i'll take the sleep in and save money methinks :)

Same here, I don't want to get to the O2 that early.

Going the morning after but not sure if it will be train or coach, depends which is cheaper.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    dunkman wrote:

Room in the car to London if you want Dunc? EDIT: plus anyone ok with a one way lift?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Room in the car to London if you want Dunc? EDIT: plus anyone ok with a one way lift?

cheers Dave... i'm not sure if i can go yet.. parental duties are intervening... but wifey might be nice to me so you never know.

thanks again amigo :)
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    UKDave wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

If Dunk can't take that spot I will! You will be paid with flagons of the finest ale upon our arrival in foggy London town.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,394
    Woohoooo, this is going to be immense! I'm super happy that PJ are playing Manchester because I'm not a big fan of the 02 arena.

Looking forward to the Sunday pre-party too!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    Is anyone else constantly checking their email for the confirmation. I got the first email but not the second one. The orders are listed in my history though, so I think it'll be ok!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    kristmace wrote:
    Is anyone else constantly checking their email for the confirmation. I got the first email but not the second one. The orders are listed in my history though, so I think it'll be ok!

Yeah I keep checking, i'm sure we'll get them soon enough. If they're in your profile then you should be fine.
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    We're all getting paranoid about it then!! :)

I can't wait..........
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    Right...

Firstly, Emma brought up a good point. Wetherspoons pubs don't play music and I doubt very much that they'll allow us to take a laptop and speakers... we may have to find another pub.

Second, Myself and Dave will not be taking the coach from MEN to O2 straight after the gig. Like Pippa and Chris, we like our sleep too much and we were a bit befuddled as to what people are gonna do when they get to London at 3am :? I know I wouldn't want to see PJ again all grouchy and tired from a rough night on a noisy coach...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Right...

Firstly, Emma brought up a good point. Wetherspoons pubs don't play music and I doubt very much that they'll allow us to take a laptop and speakers... we may have to find another pub.

Second, Myself and Dave will not be taking the coach from MEN to O2 staright after the gig. Like Pippa and Chris, we like our sleep too much and we were a bit befuddled as to what people are gonna do when they get to London at 3am :? I know I wouldn't want to see PJ again all grouchy and tired from a rough night on a noisy coach...

The reason I suggested the wetherspoons is because Dunc's an old git and didn't want loud music as he wants to have conversations :? Also if there is going to be quite a few people its very big.
    I know of other bars that play decent music but they are over the other side of town.

• Options
    Right...

I see Emma's point and raise my point.... wetherspoons is cheap... not just cheap... really cheap!!!!
    can we not all meet there, have a few drinks and a laugh... then when everyone is gathered up we can go elsewhere? just stay in Wetherspoons until 6pm or something and then go somewhere where this is music... if music is that important bring an ipod? ;):mrgreen:

ah fuck it... i'll do whatever you lot decide obviously... well as long as it doesnt involve shoe shopping.
  • Options
    I like dunk's idea, wetherspoons is good for cheap drinks and talking. We can then move on later in the evening.
  • Options
    The plans have not changed then!

Wetherspoons it is! :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    The Rock wrote:
    I like dunk's idea, wetherspoons is good for cheap drinks and talking. We can then move on later in the evening.

Who's idea!!

Ah never mind.............. 8-)

• Options
    The Rock wrote:

it was Surfy's idea... this is why i'm 100% behind it.... she's Chief Executive of www.ideas.com
  • Options
    Whoopsie, my bad. Great idea, surf! I'm on board 100%
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    If wetherspoons is cheap then I'm in. No music doesn't bother me at all. Might be nice for a change actually.

And Sian - there seems to be a fair few going to London in the morning. Me and Jenny are definites. And if Dunk is to be trusted the trains are fairly cheap too.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    The Rock wrote:

it was Surfy's idea... this is why i'm 100% behind it.... she's Chief Executive of http://www.ideas.com

Surely if I am chief executive I should be on more money, I'm going to have to look into that one :oops:

• Options
    If wetherspoons is cheap then I'm in. No music doesn't bother me at all. Might be nice for a change actually.

And Sian - there seems to be a fair few going to London in the morning. Me and Jenny are definites. And if Dunk is to be trusted the trains are fairly cheap too.

the train is cheap amigo... especially if its out of peak times... Man - London is currently priced at about £11-15 on the next 6 or 7 Tuesdays.. it shouldnt change in August... I've normally got all the way to London from up here for about £18 one way... :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    The Rock wrote:

it was Surfy's idea... this is why i'm 100% behind it.... she's Chief Executive of http://www.ideas.com

Surely if I am chief executive I should be on more money, I'm going to have to look into that one :oops:

its a volunteer organisation.

you can have the last ginger nut if you want though?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Coolio, I love ginger nuts just hope its not stale.

• Options
    dunkman wrote:

Coolio, I love ginger nuts just hope its not stale.

tee hee.. you love Mick Hucknall... and Mick Hucknall isnt stale... he's supa fresh
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    If Dunk can't take that spot I will! You will be paid with flagons of the finest ale upon our arrival in foggy London town.[/quote]

There's either 2 or 3 places available, depends if you want to squish in the back!!

And beers would be welcome in Manchester, not sure whether or not I'm driving back straight after O2 :?

As we're doing the journey anyway not looking for petrol money or anything, it's as close to a free ride as you're likely to get!! ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734

hey hitchy, i'll probably be getting the train in the morning too.... i think sleep is a good idea. It's a fucking big tent, i don't think i wwant to spend the night huddled under it's apron with my old bones exposed to the elements. no.... sleep and train is better. train will be cheap... maybe even 1st class will be cheap and we can get a nice fry up in the restaurant carriage... oh yes... oh yes.

or i may drive from norwich thorugh the two gigs back to norwich. getting from norwich to manchester on the train is quite painful as I think it is still a steam engine until peterborough. god bless norwich.
    Salut baloo
  • Options

Yeah, to be honest, if our Midlands minibus idea doesn't come to any fruition, we're probably gonna get the train to Manchester on Sunday early afternoonish, meet the rabble, get a bit drunky then crash at a friends.
    Monday we'll do a bit of drinkin', bit o' queuin' bit o' dancin to the old Pearl of the Jam, stay at same friends house.
    Tuesday morning we'll get le train straight to London, few more drinkles, bit more queuin', bit more bogglin' to PJ, stay in a London hotel/B&B,
    Wednesday (at some point) go home and sleep 'til Thursday... when we're back at work :(

I also think that no music to start with is a good idea... people can annoy each other easier that way ;)

• Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Wetherspoons is cool...the music thing just popped into my head and thought i'd just mention it, but you're all cool with no music so its fine And you're right, it is cheap for excess drinking!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    Which wetherspoons are people planning on going to in Manchester?
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2