Options

Manchester 2009 Crew!!

dannymcdannymc Posts: 36
edited September 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Hands up all those going to Manchester MEN on 17th Auguust !?!?

Roll Call from t'other thread...

dannymc
Sian-of-the-dead
audiodave
Housing Jim
Heineken Helen
Evolutionary +1
Chime
Cato
I Brisk I + 1
Dunkman
Jennytree
Wash_
Pegasus
Jamie UK
surfanddestroy
einatshaul
spintheblackcircle74
Finnannie
Hitch-Hiker
pdalowsky +1
Niko80
TinyFists
my_small_self +1
IGotShit-76 +1
happy_larry +1
My Righteous Self +1
silvo +1
Thierry Henry
Irish Al
Stinkfoot
RiffJam
Drum Machine +1
The Rock
Inside|The|Well
Plankton
Biss +1
Fu Manchu
JordyWordy +1
lastexitman
fowls
beckyface
jack_bass_player +1
Fender Man
sultryevening
jrd
philthehip +1
Yielded
snert +1
mosquitoman +1
Fowls
Blond_hippey
sandoz +1
liampaddyman
Bijan42
damageink
whatsinaname +1
ArmchairJammer
Oxxys
Drum machine
AnarionKing
kristmace
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    My hands are reaching for the sky :mrgreen:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    danny baby!!! i'm there!!! 8-)8-)8-)8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    InsideJob75InsideJob75 Posts: 126
    Me too, sooo excited.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • Options
    Oh yeah - im going too lol!!

Any travel info most welcome (for those skipping down to the big smoke)..
    Also meet-up / pub / bar info...though im sure I can handle that!!
  • Options
    InsideJob75InsideJob75 Posts: 126
    Fingers crossed we are getting some 2009 bootlegs too.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • Options
    Myself and audiodave will be in attendance 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    i *want* to be there... anybody fancy keeping a spare on hold for me while i work on persuading Mrs JRD that i should take two days off work to go to Manchester as well as London...? :oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    gregmac666gregmac666 Posts: 123
    The site is telling me that the tickets are restricted, despite the fact that I am an active member. What can I do?!
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    What's your location?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I just got that error message, I tried again and got through! Guess I'm going to Manchester! :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dannymc wrote:
    Oh yeah - im going too lol!!

Any travel info most welcome (for those skipping down to the big smoke)..
    Also meet-up / pub / bar info...though im sure I can handle that!!

we'll arrive on the Sunday before hand... we'll be up for a night out if anyone's around?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_ ... tel_id=153

This hotel is round corner from MEN arena - just booked it for £29. Has parking and is handy for Deansgate pubs and the Arena.

OR

There's one in Ancoats, an area of town between the Arena and Piccadilly train station. Its only £19 a room No parking. Noisy / busy / semi-dodgy part of city centre.
  • Options
    http://www.megabus.com/uk/index.php

Fares on here, which takes 4.5 hrs by bus to London are either £1 or £3.50. Have to book early though.

For Tuesday the 18th August...

04:00 Depart Manchester, Shudehill Interchange
    Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station 08:30 1 seat = £1.00

06:30 Depart Manchester, Shudehill Interchange
    Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station 11:00 1 seat = £3.50

08:45 Depart Manchester, Shudehill Interchange
    Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station 13:30 1 seat = £1.00

10:30 Depart Manchester, Shudehill Interchange
    Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station 15:00 1 seat = £1.00

13:00 Depart Manchester, Shudehill Interchange
    Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station 17:30 1 seat = £1.00
  • Options
    dannymc wrote:
    http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=153

This hotel is round corner from MEN arena - just booked it for £29. Has parking and is handy for Deansgate pubs and the Arena.

OR

There's one in Ancoats, an area of town between the Arena and Piccadilly train station. Its only £19 a room No parking. Noisy / busy / semi-dodgy part of city centre.

i've booked the top one for the night before as well... only £19!! :D
  • Options
    We'll probably drive and go home the same night... I'd have to talk to Dave about it.

We'll be up for drinks before hand though :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    We'll probably drive and go home the same night... I'd have to talk to Dave about it.

I take it you drink, Dave drives ;):lol: He can do that for you!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    dannymc wrote:

OR

i've booked the top one for the night before as well... only £19!! :D

Ahhh reckon theyve cotttoned on to the fact theres a gig on that night so the prices are going up? Wankers...

Tried booking the same place for the NIN gig in july and comes up as £56....smells fishy
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

I take it you drink, Dave drives ;):lol: He can do that for you!

That may be the arrangement we have... 8-)

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Count me in!
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Count me in!
    WHOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Count me in!
    WHOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:D

Was lame you cant buy them all at once but i got the tix :)

Dannymc you should make a list on your first post :)
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dannymc wrote:

Will this be handy to get to from Manchester Airport?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I'm kinda tempted by the 4am bus to london, but only 4 hours sleep on a bus might be a bit of a killer. I don't want to be a zombie at the O2 :(
    Jennytree wrote:
    dannymc wrote:

Will this be handy to get to from Manchester Airport?
    You won't be massivle inconvenienced by it. Trains to the airport go from Piccadilly. It's only a 15 min walk across to Piccadilly from around the area of the hotel, and there's a tram system connecting Victoria (adjacent to the MEN) and Piccadilly if you have heavy bags.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    Woohoo I am there!

Quick question, I was in my 3 month grace period for my membership and it wouldn't let me buy. I have renewed and I have just bought a pair, as my expiration date was March 29 2009, it has gone to March 29 2010, this mean its all good?
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,248
    mateymate wrote:
    Woohoo I am there!

Quick question, I was in my 3 month grace period for my membership and it wouldn't let me buy. I have renewed and I have just bought a pair, as my expiration date was March 29 2009, it has gone to March 29 2010, this mean its all good?

Would have thought so. Try it and see what happens, if not, contact Ten Club.

In for Manchester and London, never been to the MEN Arena. Just in the process of sorting out hostels.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    ilockyer wrote:
    mateymate wrote:
    Woohoo I am there!

Would have thought so. Try it and see what happens, if not, contact Ten Club.

In for Manchester and London, never been to the MEN Arena. Just in the process of sorting out hostels.

After I renewed it let me buy them, I have the confirmation email and they are in my profile, you reckon I still need to ask them?
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • Options
    haven't been online here in ages... but, I'm in for manchester, and the o2, too. just one month after seeing NIN at both those venues... awesome. :mrgreen:
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    plan is to hit both UK shows!

back in Ireland end of May so cheap flights back to liverpool on the 16th with train to manchester but back to l'pool that night maybe?!

then cheap train to london woohooo!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    Yep I will be at both UK shows
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Yep I will be at both UK shows

likewise, woo hoo!!!!!!!!!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........