Options

REEENK ROINK

13»

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Palavas wrote:
    i have a reeenk roink, got it real cheap a few years ago...led to the article I did with the fine folks over at TFT
    And thanks again John ! ;)
    http://www.twofeetthick.com/2005/08/ree ... o-mess-up/

JR...Kathy and Jess are the best!

mine would be the first one in green pictured! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    the reeenk cd is NOT a cdr

the sleeves/art are hand drawn by the band.

its use as the first advance promo item in the history of the band makes it the ultimate from a collector standpoint. it's like the "rookie card" of pearl jam collectibles, and they only made a few. on top of that, each one is unique. imagine if there were only 25 mickey mantle rookie cards in the world, and each one had been hand-embellished by him during his rookie season...

it is not a cd that "everyone already has". there are probably less than 25 in existence. no more than that have surfaced after all this time

what about something like the benny vinyl? i can get a cd copy for 10 bucks. but the vinyl is 750? there are 2000 of them.

it is easy to dismiss/insult something you do not understand

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    Like it jimmy ;)
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:

its use as the first advance promo item in the history of the band makes it the ultimate from a collector standpoint. it's like the "rookie card" of pearl jam collectibles, and they only made a few. on top of that, each one is unique. imagine if there were only 25 mickey mantle rookie cards in the world, and each one had been hand-embellished by him during his rookie season...

it is not a cd that "everyone already has". there are probably less than 25 in existence. no more than that have surfaced after all this time

what about something like the benny vinyl? i can get a cd copy for 10 bucks. but the vinyl is 750? there are 2000 of them.

Ok, here goes, I agree the CD's are not what everyone has, and yes, they are Not CD-R's...but the material on them is the exact same, the only difference is the amount of time between the songs and the amount of time before the first song starts and the last song ends and these differences are fractions of seconds ...the Benny LPs sound different than the CD (vinyl vs. CD obviously) And the "art" on the Reeenk Roink is simply written words with the occasional autograph....

For the record, I also never dismissed or insulted the Reeenk Roink, I simply expressed my shock as to the current market value... ;)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:

Well said. I totally agree.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    Dirty StuartDirty Stuart Posts: 182
    dangerboy wrote:

Yup.
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    dangerboy wrote:

Ok, here goes, I agree the CD's are not what everyone has, and yes, they are Not CD-R's...but the material on them is the exact same, the only difference is the amount of time between the songs and the amount of time before the first song starts and the last song ends and these differences are fractions of seconds ...the Benny LPs sound different than the CD (vinyl vs. CD obviously) And the "art" on the Reeenk Roink is simply written words with the occasional autograph....

For the record, I also never dismissed or insulted the Reeenk Roink, I simply expressed my shock as to the current market value... ;)

sorry, my statement was kinda general, not directed at anyone in particular. really, this argument could apply to any genre of collictibles. would you pay 1000 bucks for a beanie baby? see what i mean? i'm not trying to be confrontational, just trying to give a little insight on this item, because it's obvious that even after almost 20 years some people don't get it because they just don't know, that's all....

while the things you say about the technical differences between reeenk and the regular 10 may be true, they are not the whole story. i'll stick with the baseball card analogy because it's a well-known commodity. what you're saying is akin to: "why would i pay 50,000 for that mantle rookie card, when the one from the next year is a picture of the same guy and i can get it for 50 bucks?" if you understood anything about baseball cards, you would know why this is a ridiculous statement. why are rookie cards the most desirable, the highest priced of all baseball cards? now, if you're just a casual collector, and you know who mickey mantle is, and all you really care about is having any authentic mantle card in your collection you can get, because you know you're not going for the most expensive one, then you'll be satisfied with a 69 mantle and a regular copy of ten. if you're a serious collector, one who spends years, even decades pursuing your collection, you'll want to complete it eventually and you'll want to add the 52 topps and the reeenk....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    dangerboy wrote:
    dangerboy wrote:

sorry, my statement was kinda general, not directed at anyone in particular. really, this argument could apply to any genre of collictibles. would you pay 1000 bucks for a beanie baby? see what i mean? i'm not trying to be confrontational, just trying to give a little insight on this item, because it's obvious that even after almost 20 years some people don't get it because they just don't know, that's all....

while the things you say about the technical differences between reeenk and the regular 10 may be true, they are not the whole story. i'll stick with the baseball card analogy because it's a well-known commodity. what you're saying is akin to: "why would i pay 50,000 for that mantle rookie card, when the one from the next year is a picture of the same guy and i can get it for 50 bucks?" if you understood anything about baseball cards, you would know why this is a ridiculous statement. why are rookie cards the most desirable, the highest priced of all baseball cards? now, if you're just a casual collector, and you know who mickey mantle is, and all you really care about is having any authentic mantle card in your collection you can get, because you know you're not going for the most expensive one, then you'll be satisfied with a 69 mantle and a regular copy of ten. if you're a serious collector, one who spends years, even decades pursuing your collection, you'll want to complete it eventually and you'll want to add the 52 topps and the reeenk....

you couldnt have said it any better.....this is what i have been trying to tell people why i collect posters...another example is the EMEK FOILs....you can get the SAME POSTER for $100-200 but the FOILS are about $2000-3000
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    fuck emek, he's the biggest douche, i would never support him.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13