Options

Morons who bring people into their row/seats...

pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Boston 2:
What is up with the idiots that let 2,3, 4 or more people into their row with tix from other people? Must have had 6 people go by me to stand with their friends about 6 seats from me. If they had been next to me it would have been annoyng as hell.....Why don't the idiots with the seats just go up to lawn with all their buddies and not cram 8 people into 3 seats?
If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    pearljim wrote:
    Boston 2:
    What is up with the idiots that let 2,3, 4 or more people into their row with tix from other people? Must have had 6 people go by me to stand with their friends about 6 seats from me. If they had been next to me it would have been annoyng as hell.....Why don't the idiots with the seats just go up to lawn with all their buddies and not cram 8 people into 3 seats?

I had the same thing happen in West Palm right in front of me. These idiots just keep leaving and coming back with a new friend. So now, I am trying to look between 5 heads rather than the 2 I should be. Fucking ridiculous. They should be executed.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    pearljim wrote:
    Boston 2:

Chill... some people definitely take it too far but if you had 3rd row seats and a couple friends who were big fans, wouldn't you want to share the "specialness" of your seats with them? It depends on whether there is enough space and whether people are polite about it of course.

For the record I did not sneak up anyone this tour although I have done it a couple times in the past. I've always kept the friends crammed into my "seat area" and tried to minimize disruption to anyone else. consider sharing the love a little...
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I agree....we should all stay in our seats, people could get hurt. Fire codes are also violated I am sure.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    meh-
    I had 2 tickets and 3 of us in the seats...
    thank god for little tushys!

deal with it!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    voodoopug wrote:
    I agree....we should all stay in our seats, people could get hurt. Fire codes are also violated I am sure.

Fire codes....What the fuck.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    What I have done in the past was to swap tickets with friends. I'll sit up there for part of the show and let them have my seat and I take theirs.
    I have also asked about open seats near me... at the RAC gig, I was in the 6th row and there were 8 open seats in my row when Eddie was onstage. I got my friends down there and we stayed there most of the night. The seats were Beck fans who came in later. Everyone went to their regular seats, but we all got to see Ed's set from the 6th row.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    born2runqtborn2runqt Posts: 109
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    NO I wouldn't! Because whereas that may be the "cool" thing to do for yourself, it's certainly not fair to anyone else standing next to you, who went through all kinds of shit to get those tickets. Also, there is never enough space. One person per one seat. Is that really hard to understand?

I agree. Trading seats for a while is a nice thing to do - squeezing in - not fair to the others.
    ...tramps like us...

I miss you Daddy.....10/12/07
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    NO I wouldn't! Because whereas that may be the "cool" thing to do for yourself, it's certainly not fair to anyone else standing next to you, who went through all kinds of shit to get those tickets. Also, there is never enough space. One person per one seat. Is that really hard to understand?

I understand in principle that you don't want to be inconvenienced. And that is fair... to an extent. But there's no need to be super-anal and elitist about it though. I just think that this is rock music... rock out... respect others but the point is to have FUN not to "follow the rules."

And I have gone through hell and back getting tickets many many times... I've paid my dues many times over. ... and nobody ever brought me up to their good seats when I had crappy ones. ... but I did it a couple times for others because I wanted to share my joy and the beauty of being up front. It might have resulted in a little crowding but we were careful to be respectful of others around us. I've been cool letting people sneak into my row before too.. as long as I could still see and they stood behind me and weren't obnoxious. Like I said... share the love a little bit. or at least have a slightly open mind about it. peace...
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 129
    at Beacon last night, right as the set started two guys tried to stand right in front of me and my friend in our row in the orchestra. there's not exactly a lot of room there, and having someone stand in front of me (i'm only 5'2") was just not going to work. so i took out my bberry for light and inspected their tix, and pointed them to their seats. they were pissed! if there were enough room for all of us, i definitely wouldn't have cared, but having a tall dude stand right in front of me all night i didn't think was too cool..
  • Options
    born2runqt wrote:
    I agree. Trading seats for a while is a nice thing to do - squeezing in - not fair to the others.
    At Irvine Meadows in 2003... I was with a Club Member with a 69,000 number and we were in the second row. These two girls tried to squeeze in front of us... which I probably wouldn't have minded if they asked because they were kinda cute... but, they just kind of tried to take over like they owned the place (something I don't really care for).
    I told them that if they we planning on standing there all night... they would have to allow me to rest my hands on their tits or ass... all night.
    Of course... I get the requesite disgusting look... you know the one... like they just got a giant whiff of cat shit... and split.
    But, you know me... I don't give a shit. And I don't like it when people think they can do whatever they want.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Cosmo wrote:
    At Irvine Meadows in 2003... I was with a Club Member with a 69,000 number and we were in the second row. These two girls tried to squeeze in front of us... which I probably wouldn't have minded if they asked because they were kinda cute... but, they just kind of tried to take over like they owned the place (something I don't really care for).
    I told them that if they we planning on standing there all night... they would have to allow me to rest my hands on their tits or ass... all night.
    Of course... I get the requesite disgusting look... you know the one... like they just got a giant whiff of cat shit... and split.
    But, you know me... I don't give a shit. And I don't like it when people think they can do whatever they want.

A real charmer this one.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    A real charmer this one.
    I bet you say that to all the boys...
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    voodoopug wrote:

lol, lol, lol, dear god lol
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    Damn. I thought this post was about MORMONS who bring people into their row. I was going to say 'that's just because they have so many wives' but I guess that won't work now.

Damn.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    NiteLite10 wrote:
    Chill... some people definitely take it too far but if you had 3rd row seats and a couple friends who were big fans, wouldn't you want to share the "specialness" of your seats with them? It depends on whether there is enough space and whether people are polite about it of course.

For the record I did not sneak up anyone this tour although I have done it a couple times in the past. I've always kept the friends crammed into my "seat area" and tried to minimize disruption to anyone else. consider sharing the love a little...

I'd want to, but I wouldn't out of respect for other fans.

I agree it's annoying. At the MSG show, my wife and I were on the end. Somone in the middle of the row was bringing in friends. So, my wife and I kept getting pushed out into the walkway. The security guard kept coming up to me and telling me to move in. I had to keep telling the guys to move in. They didn't ruin the night, but they were a huge annoyance and kept my wife and I from fully enjoying the show.

People need to respect others. I've gone to plenty of shows where I had shitty seats. So, the one time I have good seats, I don't want it ruined.
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    cant stand people who walk out of the row in the middle of the show, like hartford there was a constant stream of people behind and infront of my walking to god knows where...

weak bladders?
  • Options
    puertopacopuertopaco Posts: 46
    NiteLite10 wrote:

Agreed!!! We can't all have front row seats. They are fellow Pearl Jamers!!! WE are all an equal race of Pearl Jam loving human beings. Cram them in I say!!! You might get lucky and get some hot girl or guy(if that's your thing) next to you and your body will be right next to theirs. There's way too much space in these rows anyway. I say bring more!!! Bring your friends!!! Bring more hot chicks!!! Bring em all!!!! Get as many people as close as possible!!! What's the big deal? Everyone deserves a chance to see them that close and cop a feel ;)
    Puerto
    06/27/98-E.Troy, WI 06/29/98-Chi, IL
    10/08/00-E.Troy, WI 10/09/00-IL 10/01/05-A.C., NJ 10/03/05-Phil., PA
    *05/05/06-Irving Plaza, NY, NY*
    05/12/06-Albany, NY 05/30/06-DC
    06/01/06-NJ 06/03/06-NJ 08/05/07-IL 06/19/08-NJ
    06/20/08-NJ 06/24/08-NY, NY 06/25/08-NY, NY 06/30/08-Mansfield, MA
  • Options
    NiteLite10 wrote:
    the point is to have FUN not to "follow the rules."

And I have gone through hell and back getting tickets many many times... I've paid my dues many times over. ... and nobody ever brought me up to their good seats when I had crappy ones. ... but I did it a couple times for others because I wanted to share my joy and the beauty of being up front. It might have resulted in a little crowding but we were careful to be respectful of others around us. I've been cool letting people sneak into my row before too.. as long as I could still see and they stood behind me and weren't obnoxious. Like I said... share the love a little bit. or at least have a slightly open mind about it. peace...

Dude do you share your wife/girlfriend? LOL (JK please don't get mad)

Seriously though all this talk about not following the rules or chill. If you have to be with your friends for the 2 hours why not do it where it doesn't bother anyone? No matter what you think you are inconveniencing the people in the aisle way or behind you as it's more heads to look past.

Nice of you to be "cool" but what if the person in front of you decided to do the same but his friends were a**holes, you know like the guy I read about at MSG who decided he'd just take a piss where he stood? He sure as Fuck not following the rules so what's the problem right?
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    spappyspappy Posts: 21
    NiteLite10 wrote:

No....never, ever. Wouldn't want to be "that guy"
    I got id
  • Options
    NiteLite10 wrote:

You want to share the love and specialness of your (singular) seat... then, let them have your seat and you take theirs.
    I've done that before... let someone have my third row seat and i moved up to their seat in the Loge for half the show. Your friend isn't the only one who deserves a share... the people in the same row and the people behind you deserve their specialness, too.
    No matter how you try to spin it... it is not sharing... it is selfishness (rationalized as sharing). Giving up your seat for your friend is sharing.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    You want to share the love and specialness of your (singular) seat... then, let them have your seat and you take theirs.
    I've done that before... let someone have my third row seat and i moved up to their seat in the Loge for half the show. Your friend isn't the only one who deserves a share... the people in the same row and the people behind you deserve their specialness, too.
    No matter how you try to spin it... it is not sharing... it is selfishness (rationalized as sharing). Giving up your seat for your friend is sharing.

Nuff said......you nailed it.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Well, I don't think my "tushy" is big either. But still, I'd like to shake my little "tushy" in front of my own seat, not being pushed to the side just because some asshole wanted to bring in his/her friends.
    Well said
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Happened to me @ MSG1.
  • Options
    meh-
    I had 2 tickets and 3 of us in the seats...
    thank god for little tushys!

deal with it!

You are a tool. I guess someone put you in charge of everything. Sorry I missed the memo. Asshat.
    Tell the Captain the boats not safe were drowning, turns out he's the one making waves.

9/29/96~9/10/98~9/11/98~8/24/00~8/25/00~4/30/03~7/08/03~7/09/03~9/15/05~9/16/05~10/1/05~5/5/06~5/12/06~5/13/06~5/27/06~5/28/06~6/1/06~6/3/06~6~19/08~6/24/08~6/25/08~6/27/08~8/5/08~10/30/09~10/31/09~5/20/10~5/21/10
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    What I have done in the past was to swap tickets with friends. I'll sit up there for part of the show and let them have my seat and I take theirs.
    I have also asked about open seats near me... at the RAC gig, I was in the 6th row and there were 8 open seats in my row when Eddie was onstage. I got my friends down there and we stayed there most of the night. The seats were Beck fans who came in later. Everyone went to their regular seats, but we all got to see Ed's set from the 6th row.

as a beneficiary of your ticket swapping kindness i would officially like to thank you. I can think of at LEAST two shows off the top of my head (San Fran 03, Seattle 02...)where you have done me the honor with everyone--including the people around you--being respected. It truly gives people the chance to experience something a lot of us wouldnt get the chance to do if there were no Cosmo's in the world.
    THANK YOU!!!

***however, i do have to say 7 frat boy buddies drunk off their ass spilling beer on you every chance they get also blows....speaking from personal experience....
    so like everything..there is a balance
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NiteLite10 wrote:
    sure i would, but i'd at least have the decency to go sit in THEIR seats while they had mine so that i wasn't taking up other peoples room/views.

just common courtesy kids.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    THERE IS A BALANCE

Summerfest 6/30/06 I was lucky enough to be brough up to like 14th row for PJ. for petty we had to move because these petty fans finally decided to go to their seats...fuckers. its a CO-headlining show, gotta see both bands. whatever, their loss.

but yea I have squeezed people into my rows and they have squeezed me into theirs. but it has never been more than 2 people to a seat...which IMO is reasonable. i can understand that it does get overcrowded tho.

The chairs themselves take up too much space, let's ditch them and have a GA floor like bruce springsteen does..... a PIT with like 200 people, and the rest of the floor OPEN.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I had the same thing happen in West Palm right in front of me. These idiots just keep leaving and coming back with a new friend. So now, I am trying to look between 5 heads rather than the 2 I should be. Fucking ridiculous. They should be executed.

Executed? You extremist!!! I agree that it's annoying. I'm average height for a guy (5' 9") so a lot of times I don't get the best view either and in your case, I'd be pissed. If there's some taller people in front of me, I can always shift one way or the other to see them, but when it's 5 people, it's like being on the lawn -- which is where they should be! I hope you politely told them that you can no longer see because of their actions and that you'd gladly grab the usher to assist them in finding their seats. I would have done that.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    yeah your friends may like it but the rest of us you have now displaced don't like it. Don't pull this rock and roll excuse either(I am sick of poeple using this as a cop out expression to do whatever they want), it is not a GA show so don't expect people who paid for seats to be happy at all when your friends butt in. Happened at MSG both nights and these tall dudes came in the row and stood right in front of the shortest people like clockwork. Pay for your SEAT and stay in it. Pay for Gen Admin, go where the hell you want in the GA section. Oh and for the record, the granny in front of them got on their asses and they left!
  • Options
    NiteLite10 wrote:

I had 3rd/4th row for the recent shows I saw, I did want my friends to watch show from my seat, so I switched with them for a few songs and sat in their seats while they enjoyed mine. Don't think it is fair to disrupt someones concert experience.