Options

$162/pair for EV?

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i had no problems paying $350 FACE VALUE for a pearl jam show in a small venue last year...
    $80 a ticket is a steal compared to that!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,261
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, since PJ or Ed doesn't ever play Phoenix I'm lucky I'm not tempted to spend that ridiculous amount of money.

I've ALWAYS defending PJ and their "increased" ticket prices in the last few tours (back to '00), but this is out of control!

I kinda hope nobody shows up...but I know that won't happen.
    Same here... and I think it speaks volumes that this thread has remained much more civilised than it normally would... where's the usual people saying Ed's God and can charge what he likes?

Ya know, even if he'd dropped the prices by $10 and made a statement saying it was cos of the recession, I think I would have been quite pleased... but to ignore it and put the prices up :shock:

And many people DIDN'T pay $120 for the reissue of Ten either.

'UNFORTUNATELY' though I think the shows will sell out and Ed will be oblivious to it all... I know we're a hard bunch to please but have some common sense! I also know Ed's not a charity but all this talk about the fans coming first... just seemed like something simple they could do for the fans.

Agreed.
    Not only did I not spend $120 on some songs that might be a little better than the ones I already have, but I'm not going to spend that kind of money to see Ed play a solo show.
    I would like to see Ed's solo show, but that is just waaaaay to f'n much.

Eddie Vedder Solo show tickets: $160
    Round trip plane ticket to get to the show: $350
    Hotel: $150
    Food/Drink: $100

Seeing Eddie Vedder play mostly acoustic songs in a small intimate venue: Still not fuckin' worth it!

:D
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    i had no problems paying $350 FACE VALUE for a pearl jam show in a small venue last year...

SUCKER!!! :lol:

Kidding...if you want to pay that price, that is awesome.

As I stated before, I wasn't complaining about the prices in the thread, just showing the increase from last year.

I would never pay $350 for Pearl Jam. I love the band, but I guess not as much as you soupy.

Also, to the people saying that if you can't afford it/are in a hard financial situation, that a concert shouldn't be a priority, I don't think that is the point. These people aren't saying it IS a priority, they are just commenting on the fact that they can't afford tickets. It IS funny to read some of the posts on here though.

I know I personally don't go to as many concerts as I used to. The price goes up as the years go on, so I am certainly more selective about what I see. There are just more important things to me.

Anyway...everyone's financial situation situation is different. I don't think people should give someone a hard time if they post that they can't afford the tickets/will be skipping the shows because of the prices. :roll:
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,631
    they still aren't charging market value for these tickets. they could charge much more and it would still sell out. the ryman has the tickets listed on ther site for 75 and 55 dollars. add up the service fees and that's 90 each. scalpers will get much more than that. i'm thankful that he's playing such small venues no matter what the price and i haven't seen pj in my hometown since 1995 so travel is always part of it too.

"you're lucky he plays for you bastards! leave ed alone!" :lol:
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

As I stated before, I wasn't complaining about the prices in the thread, just showing the increase from last year.

I would never pay $350 for Pearl Jam. I love the band, but I guess not as much as you soupy.

Also, to the people saying that if you can't afford it/are in a hard financial situation, that a concert shouldn't be a priority, I don't think that is the point. These people aren't saying it IS a priority, they are just commenting on the fact that they can't afford tickets. It IS funny to read some of the posts on here though.

I know I personally don't go to as many concerts as I used to. The price goes up as the years go on, so I am certainly more selective about what I see. There are just more important things to me.

Anyway...everyone's financial situation situation is different. I don't think people should give someone a hard time if they post that they can't afford the tickets/will be skipping the shows because of the prices. :roll:

the part i bolded, absolutely true for me. hubby and i used to go to soooo many concerts every year. now, i still see pj a lot, i don't for a lot of other bands....too pricey, shitty seats, etc.....we are VERY selective. btw - i think that $350 that veddersoup refers to was the beacon benefit show, which i too paid...b/c yes, small venue.....and all proceeds to charity. i would not pay $350 for just a regular show, insane! i won't even pay over $100 for a ticket. my ONLY exception, and only ONCE...was to see the police. as they were 'the pearl jam of my youth'...i couldn't pass it up, but i would not do so again, nor multiple times.

btw - the EV shows didn't go up in price for me. i paid $83 for my NYC ticket, and i don't consider a $1 more a raise. :P so imo, the prices are basically what they were last year, and hey disagree....but i did not expect, nor would i expect, prices to be lowered. he is doing a very limited run, small venues, if $84 a ticket is what it takes to make it *worth* it to ed to do a few shows, it's my choice to say OK, or not. if sales are lackluster, i am sure he'll either rethink his pricing, or touring solo......but i think the prices are a-ok. and i don't think anyone is giving anyone else a 'hard time' about anything...tho i haven't kept up with this thread. i think it's simply, no matter the economy, there will always be who concert tickets are a luxury they can't, or choose not to, afford. i don't expect the artists to change their profits for it, but that's me. they are in it for the $$$, of course! i personally think ed and the band do a LOT for their fans, and the community/world at large..i do not begrudge them making a healthy profit if they can, even in this economic climate. it's all choice. c'est la vie....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

the part i bolded, absolutely true for me. hubby and i used to go to soooo many concerts every year. now, i still see pj a lot, i don't for a lot of other bands....too pricey, shitty seats, etc.....we are VERY selective. btw - i think that $350 that veddersoup refers to was the beacon benefit show, which i too paid...b/c yes, small venue.....and all proceeds to charity. i would not pay $350 for just a regular show, insane! i won't even pay over $100 for a ticket. my ONLY exception, and only ONCE...was to see the police. as they were 'the pearl jam of my youth'...i couldn't pass it up, but i would not do so again, nor multiple times.

btw - the EV shows didn't go up in price for me. i paid $83 for my NYC ticket, and i don't consider a $1 more a raise. :P so imo, the prices are basically what they were last year, and hey disagree....but i did not expect, nor would i expect, prices to be lowered. he is doing a very limited run, small venues, if $84 a ticket is what it takes to make it *worth* it to ed to do a few shows, it's my choice to say OK, or not. if sales are lackluster, i am sure he'll either rethink his pricing, or touring solo......but i think the prices are a-ok. and i don't think anyone is giving anyone else a 'hard time' about anything...tho i haven't kept up with this thread. i think it's simply, no matter the economy, there will always be who concert tickets are a luxury they can't, or choose not to, afford. i don't expect the artists to change their profits for it, but that's me. they are in it for the $$$, of course! i personally think ed and the band do a LOT for their fans, and the community/world at large..i do not begrudge them making a healthy profit if they can, even in this economic climate. it's all choice. c'est la vie....

I wasn't disagreeing with you; just stating what I paid for the Ed Show.
    BERKELEY 4/7/08 EV APRIL FOOLS TOUR TICKET PAIR 1 0 0 $141.50 $141.50
    Sub-Total $141.50
    Shipping $0.00
    Tax $0.00
    Grand Total $141.50

It DID increase from the West Coast shows...I guess it didn't from the East Coast leg.

Anyway, I appreciate your points. My last post was directed towards the people being negative to those who say they can't afford tickets.

Again, I'm not complaining about the prices...as I said before I have no interest in seeing Ed this time around. Don't get me wrong--as I said before it was a truly amazing show...but I am saving for a move and I would rather spend my concert money on all of Pearl Jam this time around.

Anyway, I was just stating what I paid last year. :)
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    These prices are outrageous. It's really interesting to read in the "journal" that came with the reissue that one of the goals of the band was to keep shows affordable. The Hawaiian shows are charity shows if I'm not mistaken, but the other ones? Ed needs the money? Really way too high. It's ridiculous.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    SolarWorld wrote:
    People complaining about these prices are making me laugh.

Why is it funny? There's no way these tickets should be so fucking expensive.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    mca47 wrote:

Eddie Vedder Solo show tickets: $160
    Round trip plane ticket to get to the show: $350
    Hotel: $150
    Food/Drink: $100

Seeing Eddie Vedder play mostly acoustic songs in a small intimate venue: Still not fuckin' worth it!

:D
    :D made me laugh, thank you :lol:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    smithnic wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

Why not? Do you have any evidence to support this or are you just irritated becuase the tickets are out of your price range?

The word expensive is pretty relative even if tickets were half price they would still be too expensive for a lot of people.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Its ridiculous. What ever happened to caring about your fans Ed?
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Either you have the money to go see Ed, or you don't . . . or you make a moral stand by not paying. I don't think $20 less or more will make a huge difference if he's coming to your town and you are determined to see him. If $80 is too high and you decide to make a moral stand by not going, that just means better seats for those that can pay.

Now if you are in school and don't have any money, I do feel for you but I had the same problems back in '94 when a $30 ticket might has well have been $300.

Frankly, I have more of a problem with the $9.50 (warm & flat) Bud Lights at the venues then ticket prices. But that's just me. Different strokes for different folks.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    smithnic wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

im getting upset
    these tickets aren't expensive..
    coming from someone who is definitely not loaded with dough
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    smithnic wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

I agree. The only funny thing this is the brown nosed apologists defending the price.
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    I'm trying for tickets as many are but yeah I don't agree with the prices.. There is no excuse for these prices for many reasons. Not that KOL are anything special but I believe this was how much tickets were for them last tour in arena's.... Same with PJ, Metallica etc. etc. I know Wilco shows in the north-east will be less than $80 each. The shows will still be sold out possibly with the people who complained about the prices.
  • Options
    I don't like bringing up the price comparison too much but you can see U2 AND Muse from the GA field with an amazing stage setup for $55. There is no reason why Eddie Vedder should be significantly more than that. As I also said previously, he doesn't even have a backing band to pay. Probaby has to buy a new case of Corona for his kick drum every couple shows though. That's prob why tix are so high.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I agree, it's high, but I'm willing to pay it. I paid $50 for Feist in a venue the same size Ed is playing. Ed has more stature, and CAN demand more money for his shows. I think the $50 Feist ticket and the $80 Ed Ved ticket are both worth every penny.

I don't think it's too high and I don't think its about 'Caring about his fans'... He charges what people will pay to see him.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

I agree. The only funny thing this is the brown nosed apologists defending the price.
    wow.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,488
    edited April 2009
    double sorry
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,488
    whatever, Im glad pay to see ev-I have absolutely no problem with what he charges-truthfully his prices are middle of the road
    you couldnt pay me to ge see feist or u2 in a freaking stadium (the bulk of whose tickets are priced at $95 or more-to get 10c seats-youd have to pay $252 plus fees, plus $50 to get a pre-sale passsword)

wilco? well they are just a special band, because they play the perfect sized venues and dont charge an arm and leg-I will give you that
  • Options
    wow.

Yowzers!
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    If he was coming to Seattle i would pay the money but... 81$ a piece is ridiculous from the guy would fought with ticketmaster all those years about ticket prices and on top of that the ten deluxe box 140$. In this economy
    you'd think he would try to give his fans a little more of a break on the wallet.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    not sure if this has been posted and not sure why ed has done this and no where else but vedder is offerinf a discount of $10.00 to HI residents for the solo shows... Why isn't he doing that for the east coast shows?
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    well this thread got outta hand quick. ed's shows will be great...guaranteed!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    The whole small venue being justification for outrageous ticket prices is ludicrous. Saw Cornell at the Louisville palce (Before the horrific scream album) and that ticket was 55 bucks, and he jammed rock solid for over 2 hours.
    Same venue, Death Cab for Cutie, THIRTY BUCKS a ticket (SOLD OUT)... Same Venue Bonnie Raitt highest is 69.50.
    Hell, Foo Fighters at the Joint in Vegas only ran me bout 70 bucks a ticket and that was the whole damn band. hahahah.
    My Morning Jacket tickets on the great lawn here in the ville were cheap too and they jammed for damn near over 3 hours.
    I'm sittin this one out. Can I afford it? Sure... Can I justify such outrageous prices for vedder solo?? Hell no.
  • Options
    wow.

Yowzers!
    i just think its not too bad a price..not a brown nose
    i dont post on here hoping that ed will see my devotion to him and invite me to play backup triangle on his tour or something
    just hate whiners..
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    The whole small venue being justification for outrageous ticket prices is ludicrous. Saw Cornell at the Louisville palce (Before the horrific scream album) and that ticket was 55 bucks, and he jammed rock solid for over 2 hours.
    Same venue, Death Cab for Cutie, THIRTY BUCKS a ticket (SOLD OUT)... Same Venue Bonnie Raitt highest is 69.50.
    Hell, Foo Fighters at the Joint in Vegas only ran me bout 70 bucks a ticket and that was the whole damn band. hahahah.
    My Morning Jacket tickets on the great lawn here in the ville were cheap too and they jammed for damn near over 3 hours.
    I'm sittin this one out. Can I afford it? Sure... Can I justify such outrageous prices for vedder solo?? Hell no.

Maybe Eddie feels he is worth more than those acts and if thats the way he feels so be it. Why do people pay millions for say a Jackson Pollock painting when they could just as easily splatter a bunch of paint on a canvas themselves for a lot cheaper?
  • Options

Maybe Eddie feels he is worth more than those acts and if thats the way he feels so be it. Why do people pay millions for say a Jackson Pollock painting when they could just as easily splatter a bunch of paint on a canvas themselves for a lot cheaper?

"And you want to be my latex salesman". Love your username
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    Dear anyone that thinks $160 is OUTRAGEOUS,

thank you for not purchasing tickets,

yours truly,

Everyone else
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ZosoCat wrote:
    not sure if this has been posted and not sure why ed has done this and no where else but vedder is offerinf a discount of $10.00 to HI residents for the solo shows... Why isn't he doing that for the east coast shows?
    :roll: really?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you