Eddie, please come to UK/Europe Begging Thread

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    goldrush wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:
    Union Chapel, London.

or anywhere in Europe really :mrgreen:

I'm not counting on PJ in Europe this year, but since Ed is touring again, he can't ignore us again right? :(

Definitely Union Chapel! It's one of the coolest places for a gig. I saw Greg Dulli and Mark Lanegan there and the sound was amazing!
    they're playing again 19th July at teh Royal Festival Hall, tickets on sale today btw..
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    It's all the same to me!! I would go anywhere in Europe to see EV or PJ!!!! :idea:
    But if I had the possibility to choose...AUSTRIA (Vienna or Salzburg again)...ITALY (Verona)...UK (London)...also POLAND (Katowice) would be fine again!!! 8-)
    Anyone agree?
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    It's all the same to me!! I would go anywhere in Europe to see EV or PJ!!!! :idea:
    But if I had the possibility to choose...AUSTRIA (Vienna or Salzburg again)...ITALY (Verona)...UK (London)...also POLAND (Katowice) would be fine again!!! 8-)
    Anyone agree?
    I do but i'd be pretty pissed if EV did a couple of Euro dates, we spent our money on that and then discovered that PJ are to tour Europe soon after...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,327
    Pegasus wrote:
    goldrush wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:
    Union Chapel, London.

or anywhere in Europe really :mrgreen:

I'm not counting on PJ in Europe this year, but since Ed is touring again, he can't ignore us again right? :(

Definitely Union Chapel! It's one of the coolest places for a gig. I saw Greg Dulli and Mark Lanegan there and the sound was amazing!
    they're playing again 19th July at teh Royal Festival Hall, tickets on sale today btw..

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I've just bought my ticket, the last available front row seat too!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    ESPAÑA!!!!!!
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    I agree with this thread whole heartedly.

Manchester, Birmingham, London, and possibly Sheffield/Leeds would be amazing. :D
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    GS28441GS28441 Posts: 30
    I'm French but would love to go to London ... even for one single show !!
  • Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 117
    Berlin!
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    GS28441 wrote:
    We're Londonites but would love to go to France... preferably for multiple shows !!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    OK, I know i'm probably pushing it a bit, but wouldn't it be great if Ed did some Euro dates, (before a full PJ Euro tour ;) )

Lets make this thread a looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnngg one to show the powers that be, the NEED for EV solo Euro shows...... :)
    Well, doesn't look like he heard you this time around.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,096
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    OK, I know i'm probably pushing it a bit, but wouldn't it be great if Ed did some Euro dates, (before a full PJ Euro tour ;) )

Lets make this thread a looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnngg one to show the powers that be, the NEED for EV solo Euro shows...... :)
    Well, doesn't look like he heard you this time around.

:( :( :( there was a post on another thread about a rumor of a Euro tour, 4 countries, 9 shows.....I keep thinking if I mention it enough I can WILL it to happen :oops:
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    Pegasus wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    The Royal Albert Hall would be just the ticket Eddie, ala Bruce's Devils and Dust tour
    Too big (5000+), seriously if you're in the back, let alone the top, you can't see shit.

otoh it's very easy for me to get to :P

dont agree. Vedder would sell it out easy.

Bruce (ok a far bigger solo name) sold it out two nights running within 15 minutes......Eddies reception at the who gig there was awesome also.....

He's piss it, and even at the back on a balcony....you can see plenty. To be fair what is there to see, your there to hear mostly, and that places sounds good, the acoustics are fantastic for such a big place
  • Options
    olikatieolikatie Posts: 62
    Volkshaus - Zürich/Switzerland !!!
    1996: Zürich - 2000: Zürich - 2006: Marseille, Paris & Berne
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    Hinn wrote:
    GS28441 wrote:
    We're Londonites but would love to go to France... preferably for multiple shows !!

I like the way you think ... :D
    That should be easy to convince Eddie to come for multiple shows in France. I can organize wineyards visits for the boys. Concerts in wineyards ... I think I have a concept !!!
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Hinn wrote:
    GS28441 wrote:

I like the way you think ... :D
    That should be easy to convince Eddie to come for multiple shows in France. I can organize wineyards visits for the boys. Concerts in wineyards ... I think I have a concept !!!
    This has been happening a lot in Australia lately, Elton John, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and more, mixing a fair few shows in major vineyards next to their shows in the main cities.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    We'd love to se you over here Ed...please!
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    EDDIE SHOULD!!!

i dont get why hes doing another tour of american dates

they had their day in the sun its our turn!!!
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    ISTANBUL!!!

It's been 13 years!
  • Options
    And of course BELGIUM... don't forget us!!!
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    bout time I bumped this back to Page 1 :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    hell yea come to england ed !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EUROPE PLEEEEEASE
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Elbereth84Elbereth84 Posts: 253
    Anywhere in Germany would be nice! fahne21.gif
  • Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    I would be ready to travel for one of Ed's solo shows so I really don't have any preference: just come to europe please!!
  • Options
    I wholeheartedly, 100% endorse and support this thread :mrgreen:

BIRMINGHAM!!!!! :mrgreen:

Although I will travel to wherever necessary 8-)

YES YES FUCKING YES
    GO ON EDDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Options
    Thursday bump :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    Rossum20 wrote:
    ISTANBUL!!!

It's been 13 years!

HA! Tons of great little venues for him to do that too! But I wouldn't dream on it :)

Now, Pearl Jam on the other hand, that's a whole different story. In fact, I did hear some talk about late Summer but again, unless there are some European dates, an isolated Istanbul date or anywhere in Turkey is not possible. I'm sure you'd agree with that :D

One other thing about the main issue at hand:
    Instead of doing more American dates, he should have gone out to see you all in Europe. This should have been your time....nuff said :(
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:
    ISTANBUL!!!

It's been 13 years!

HA! Tons of great little venues for him to do that too! But I wouldn't dream on it :)

Now, Pearl Jam on the other hand, that's a whole different story. In fact, I did hear some talk about late Summer but again, unless there are some European dates, an isolated Istanbul date or anywhere in Turkey is not possible. I'm sure you'd agree with that :D

One other thing about the main issue at hand:
    Instead of doing more American dates, he should have gone out to see you all in Europe. This should have been your time....nuff said :(

Thanks for that comment :) - i'm still hoping and bumping (this thread) :D
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    oh I'll beg , I'll prostrate myself before him to play the :D UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    TEL-AVIV!!!

A long time coming