Options

Eddie, please come to UK/Europe Begging Thread

Comments

• Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,097
    Think its time to bump this thread.........

Reading the reviews of the Ed solo US shows, I am positively green with envy :mrgreen: :oops: .........maybe Ed could 'shoehorn' a solo show or two while he's in Europe before PJ - its a long shot I know, but typing the words makes me feel better :oops:

Failing that, how about a super long PJ preset with some Into the Wild songs :D:D (plus the Brits are very reserved - stiff upper lip and all that - so we would definately sit nice and quietly listening with no random shouting whatsoever ;):D )
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,745
    yeah an ed ved early tenclubbers preset would be stunning, and would blow my socks off

there I go again reading too much into the early entry!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    from portugal to russia,,from iceland to cyprus..i dont care,, im in ..EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    POLAND
    PLEASEEEEEEEE
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I'm all for this! And like someone stated above: Paradiso or Melkweg. Two small and intimate theatres in Amsterdam. :D:D:D:D:D (Ed may change his mind about Amsterdam after that.)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    O.M.G.,,,this is perfect place!!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,097
    Pegasus wrote:

That looks like a nice idea :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    Olympia in PARIS !!!
    -- rafa
  • Options
    Olympia in PARIS !!!
    im in for paris too...
  • Options
    teddysgirlteddysgirl Posts: 68
    Think its time to bump this thread.........

Reading the reviews of the Ed solo US shows, I am positively green with envy :mrgreen: :oops: .........maybe Ed could 'shoehorn' a solo show or two while he's in Europe before PJ - its a long shot I know, but typing the words makes me feel better :oops:

Failing that, how about a super long PJ preset with some Into the Wild songs :D:D (plus the Brits are very reserved - stiff upper lip and all that - so we would definately sit nice and quietly listening with no random shouting whatsoever ;):D )

Wouldn't it be amazing to have our very own 'tweet' about this.

So, how about it Eddie? :D

(You've got to hope and dream and try, right?!)
  • Options
    just wondered why do people from the UK always write uk/europe the uk is in europe.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    i think Eddie should come to glasgow play the cathouse! it would be perfect, and PJ have played there before, perfect! and maybe they can stay at my house! and....oh okay i am getting carried away

JUST PLAY THE UK! OR JUST ANYWHERE IN EUROPE!

please?.....thanks :D
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    forget glasgow :D
    multiply dates in the royal albert hall in London 8-)
    awesome venue and the place would be rocking!
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    london sucks :P glasgow is a far superior choice!

(okay i do realise what i am saying, and i apologise in advance)
  • Options
    wolfman wrote:
    just wondered why do people from the UK always write uk/europe the uk is in europe.

We know! :lol:

It's just all about detail and preference...1st choice - i.e London ;)
  • Options
    SarahLou wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ill vote for glasgow...after we go to london too..
  • Options
    SarahLou wrote:

Very diplomatic... :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    SarahLou wrote:

lol, have you been to the royal albert hall? its really a great place.. I am going to see the killers on monday night there! So what does glasgow have to offer , apart from your guided tour..

PJ-D I like your thinking, london to glasgow :)
  • Options
    the whole UK/Europe thing

its case we are not attached, we still have different money and most folk in the UK dont really refer to themselves as 'europeans'
    yeah plus we would rather eddie came to the UK instead of mainland europe, or should i say as well as!
  • Options
    Yeah I hope everyone gets a show close, but realistically thats not going to happen. So we should go for the city that is the easiest to get in to/around so I vote... UK :)
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    SarahLou wrote:

100% with you - not a fan of London at all.

He could even do a quick warm up at the Sage in Gateshead before the main event in Glasgow! :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Calum wrote:
    Yeah I hope everyone gets a show close, but realistically thats not going to happen. So we should go for the city that is the easiest to get in to/around so I vote... UK :)

the UK is a big city though! :P
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    SarahLou wrote:

its case we are not attached, we still have different money and most folk in the UK dont really refer to themselves as 'europeans'
    yeah plus we would rather eddie came to the UK instead of mainland europe, or should i say as well as!
    I think it's more like some bands are known only/play gigs only in the UK so we say if not all Europe at least do the UK (UK is a good/cheap airline hub for Europe as there's many low cost airlines to it)
    But us in the UK will be happy to travel to go see stuff too :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Calum wrote:

lol, have you been to the royal albert hall? its really a great place.. I am going to see the killers on monday night there! So what does glasgow have to offer , apart from your guided tour..

PJ-D I like your thinking, london to glasgow :)[/quote]

the albert hall would be amazing to see pearl jam, but with just Eddie the cathouse would be perfect cause it only holds like 500 for a gig....now THAT would rock!
    plus the drink/food etc is like a tenth of the price it is in london! now i've only been a few times...but where can you get a JD and coke for £1.60? ...glasgow!!!
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,271
    OK, I know i'm probably pushing it a bit, but wouldn't it be great if Ed did some Euro dates, (before a full PJ Euro tour ;) )

Lets make this thread a looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnngg one to show the powers that be, the NEED for EV solo Euro shows...... :)

oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    SarahLou wrote:
    the albert hall would be amazing to see pearl jam, but with just Eddie the cathouse would be perfect cause it only holds like 500 for a gig....now THAT would rock!
    plus the drink/food etc is like a tenth of the price it is in london! now i've only been a few times...but where can you get a JD and coke for £1.60? ...glasgow!!!

Okay, you swayed me :)
    Glasgow does sound like a pretty good choice 8-) See you soon!
  • Options
    teddysgirl wrote:
    SarahLou wrote:

Very diplomatic... :roll: :lol:
    im from Greece,what to do..ok,,but ill vote glasgow,,,,,london ill be in August anyway,, ;);)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    SarahLou wrote:

I think it's more like some bands are known only/play gigs only in the UK so we say if not all Europe at least do the UK (UK is a good/cheap airline hub for Europe as there's many low cost airlines to it)
    But us in the UK will be happy to travel to go see stuff too :mrgreen:
    for sure is cheap Uk than anywhere else in Europe..
  • Options
    yey i win! glasgow it is!....oh wait....think we might still be missing someone.... :roll: