Options

PJ in Australia in November?

Comments

• Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    edited April 2009
    Just pinched this from LW (thanx Dan :) )
    So it sounds like the album will be called Backspacer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W2vC7bLwmw (go to the end... last two questions)
    Post edited by ozsmalltowngirl on
  • Options
    worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    So it sounds like the album will be called Backspacer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W2vC7bLwmw (go to the end... last two questions)

naaahhh... sorry kylie i don't concur with u here. i reckon it could be the name of the first single, don't see it as an album name.

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • Options
    So it sounds like the album will be called Backspacer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W2vC7bLwmw (go to the end... last two questions)"

naaahhh... sorry kylie i don't concur with u here. i reckon it could be the name of the first single, don't see it as an album name.
    Oops....I forgot to put it in quotations hehe.
    You could be right there, Joel :)
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Carlislebj wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Love this:
    “Let’s not even have his face anywhere on show,” he says with a beaming smile, as he turns over a copy of Rolling Stone magazine which features Bush glaring out from the cover.

“I’ve just watched him fly off to Texas on television. Finally we have got rid of him. I don’t ever want to see him again.”
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,703
    E.K wrote:
    heyjose wrote:
    UNLESS they come in January.

But Ed said in an interview no touring next year.

Why do I have to keep repeating this?? :roll: :)
    cuz it's what you do :D

Polly wants a cracker! SQUAWK!! :)
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454

Ohhh I cant get onto Youtube at work. Can someone please tell me what this is about?
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    Red_Dot wrote:

Ohhh I cant get onto Youtube at work. Can someone please tell me what this is about?
    It's about the leatherback turtle that PJ sponsor. They (PJ) named it 'Backspacer' and the guy talking about it in this youtube said fans will find out why they called it that, later this year :)
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    I thought that Backspacer for the album title was a given as soon as I saw the name, seeing as REM's turtle is named after their new album name
  • Options
    uhuh....of course you did :lol::|
  • Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    LongRoad wrote:
    Fan club show at the Metro in Sydney.

Where's the petition?

That'll be veeeery good.
    I saw Ben Harper & R7 there a couple of weeks ago, awesome venue.
    Ben Harper said that he would take it for granted, loved the venue.
    LongRoad, start the petition!
    By the way, have they ever made a fanclub only concert here in Australia?
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I'd rather the Enmore personally. All the gigs I've seen there have been awesome.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    zezito77 wrote:
    LongRoad wrote:
    Fan club show at the Metro in Sydney.

Where's the petition?

By the way, have they ever made a fanclub only concert here in Australia?

No :(
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    I'd rather the Enmore personally. All the gigs I've seen there have been awesome.

The Civic Theatre here in Newcastle is a lot better than the Enmore
  • Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    Austicman wrote:

I like the Enmore a lot as well, but still reckon that The Metro would be better cause it's half the size! More intimate that the Enmore. It fits only about 1000-1500 people.
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    The Metro is the best venue in Sydney besides the clubs - best sound, best set up, best bar etc etc. Wherever you are you can see and the sound is deafening (well I like it!).

But any smaller venue would be good, Aussies have only ever had PJ in big stadiums - would one smaller gig hurt? :geek:
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    I thought that Backspacer for the album title was a given as soon as I saw the name, seeing as REM's turtle is named after their new album name

Interesting point indeed.

Trying to find a greyhound at the moment to buy. Maybe Coke N Hookers may have to wait and be used when Backspacer produces her first litter.

My dog would have a cult following
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    GO BACKSPACER!!!!! GO YOU GOOD THING!!!!

It'll have big shoes to fill. The turtle won the race :mrgreen:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    uhuh....of course you did :lol::|

uhuh......yes, I did :|
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    helllloooooooooooo :D

Wow, didnt realise this was still happening...

Yeah, no tour for next year, so im putting my bets on Nov...

Remember when someone said March 09? Funny to think back to it :lol:
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Carlislebj wrote:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/sftw/article2329546.ece

March 20 2009 - THE SUN, UK
    “I’m not sure what the recording process is going to be, but we will be playing shows,” says Eddie.

“One of us is having a baby next year so there’ll be no touring then so we have to get it done this year.

1. You cannot believe ANYTHING in The Sun
    2. 9 Months from March is December, so if there is a baby, it will be this year... and you would think they would be at least a month along when you might know, so that pushes it back to NOVEMBER :o:o :shock:
    3. 6 months of leaves plenty of time to do shows in the Northern Summer
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Carlislebj wrote:

“I’m not sure what the recording process is going to be, but we will be playing shows,” says Eddie.

“One of us is having a baby next year so there’ll be no touring then so we have to get it done this year.

Page 3 is pretty factual :lol:
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Carlislebj wrote:

Page 3 is pretty factual :lol:

very.... but still sometimes hard to believe it it is real or made up ;):lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options

I was only thinking about all of our predictions and some of the people with 'contacts' :roll: saying when Ed or PJ would be here :lol:

and still we wait......hopefully November is going to be :)
  • Options
    Carlislebj wrote:

2. 9 Months from March is December, so if there is a baby, it will be this year... and you would think they would be at least a month along when you might know, so that pushes it back to NOVEMBER :o:o :shock:
    I concur with all except point 2. He could have meant that someone is trying to fall preggers, and because they werent at that time, they'd hope for next year.

It'll be this year.....I just know it!!! :D
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118

I was only thinking about all of our predictions and some of the people with 'contacts' :roll: saying when Ed or PJ would be here :lol:

I'm like you, have to wait for some things to get settled before I am able to get tickets...so fingers crossed it all settles soon :)

If you get a black out like last time just text me and ill get you some :lol:
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    after getting home i see ive got a little tax pressie - staying safely stashed away untill tix go on sale ... airfairs, petrol, rooms, food - meh, that'll happen somehow
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    Carlislebj wrote:

I concur with all except point 2. He could have meant that someone is trying to fall preggers, and because they werent at that time, they'd hope for next year.

It'll be this year.....I just know it!!! :D
    Stone could rock out with a baby bump :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    :o I just laughed out loud! Baaaaaaaaaahahaha!!! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,703
    Stone could rock out with a baby bump :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:

Mike's wife is having the baby I think.

TO-UR!
  • Options

I'm like you, have to wait for some things to get settled before I am able to get tickets...so fingers crossed it all settles soon :)

If you get a black out like last time just text me and ill get you some :lol:
    Well after a pretty dramatic day yesterday :shock: things are on their way to being settled. Hopefully it'll be done sooner than later!

'06 tour/tix: It wasn't a blackout.....it was no phone/net, due to my modem and phone exploding when a tree behind our property was hit by lightening......not to mention the fact that freaken Telstra took 3 weeks to fix it all :roll: :x

So.....if mother nature tries to stop me again at ticket sale time....I'll definitely be onto you or Sam to get my tix for me :D thanx. xo