Options

PJ in Australia in November?

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    Wishfull thinking I know, but i think Melb got the best chance of selling out, and its just the 2 days on either side of the gig that are getting me excited. Maybe and Ed/Ben Harper gig at the Espy hahahaha
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
    Why do you guys think they wont announce any more shows on one of the free dates between Adelaide n Melbourne and between Sydney and Brisbane? The announcement sounds a lot like the one they made 3 years ago and they eventually filled up the dates with shows back then. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    NoK wrote:
    Why do you guys think they wont announce any more shows on one of the free dates between Adelaide n Melbourne and between Sydney and Brisbane? The announcement sounds a lot like the one they made 3 years ago and they eventually filled up the dates with shows back then. Am I missing something?

the part of the announcement that says 1 show only :roll:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    NoK wrote:

I didn't miss that part because they said the exact same thing 3 years ago. Whats posted on the website is a Ticketmaster announcement and they will only announce 1 show only because currently it is one show only. It doesn't mean there will not be any more. At least that is the way I see it. Theres a good chance I'm wrong.
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    NoK wrote:

That's eeeeeasy. They wouldn't want to pull down the touring equipment, drive to the next State in a convoy of semi's and set up a new stage in 36 hours :D

You would normally leave 2 nights/3 days. 1 night between Melbourne & Sydney is a stretch in itself.
  • Options
    Easties wrote:
    NoK wrote:

That's eeeeeasy. They wouldn't want to pull down the touring equipment, drive to the next State in a convoy of semi's and set up a new stage in 36 hours :D

You would normally leave 2 nights/3 days. 1 night between Melbourne & Sydney is a stretch in itself.

No I meant add a show on the 19th in Melbourne or on 23rd in Sydney. Your theory will still work with those dates.
  • Options
    NoK wrote:
    NoK wrote:

I didn't miss that part because they said the exact same thing 3 years ago. Whats posted on the website is a Ticketmaster announcement and they will only announce 1 show only because currently it is one show only. It doesn't mean there will not be any more. At least that is the way I see it. Theres a good chance I'm wrong.

Im with ya mate, they have only ever announced One Show Only everytime they've come here, noone is cocky enough to announce 2 concerts straight off the block, its a wait and see game for ticket sales. I think there will be a 6th Oz show added somewhere along the line, maybe even Seven.
  • Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318

Im with ya mate, they have only ever announced One Show Only everytime they've come here, noone is cocky enough to announce 2 concerts straight off the block, its a wait and see game for ticket sales. I think there will be a 6th Oz show added somewhere along the line, maybe even Seven.[/quote]

The person that told me that it was going to be a stadium tour a few weeks back also said that it was going to be one show a city. He/she was pretty certain about this. Given that everything they have said has been correct so far, I am fairly certain that there will not be multiple dates in cities. I also doubt that PJ can sell out multiple nights in stadiums.

Having said that, I am praying for a Newcastle show though I am fairly certain that won't happen either.
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Im with ya mate, they have only ever announced One Show Only everytime they've come here, noone is cocky enough to announce 2 concerts straight off the block, its a wait and see game for ticket sales. I think there will be a 6th Oz show added somewhere along the line, maybe even Seven.

yeah, but they never have said "one show only" before, they only announce one show, but there is always the possibility to add one more.

but not in this case.

it states one show only, that is why they are playing venues 3 times bigger then ever before, so they can fit 3 times more people at the one show, thus not needing to add more shows.

this is it, there will not be more shows added.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    DonJon wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    DonJon wrote:
    Once again........not basing this on anything but I reckon we will hear something this weekend and maybe presale begin next wed or thurs
    But there's a Visa presale on the 11th, so 10C sale has to be before that.

Ya reckon? Wasnt there heaps of Ticketek, Visa, Pref Seating etc pre-sales last time?!?!?!?
    Sure, but only Ticketek presale actually gets you tickets. The other ones get you a promise of a ticket which is why they're on sale already. Last time, 10C had to be first because otherwise how would they know which seats to sell in the public sale? I don't see it being any different this time. Unless you can only buy GA in which case it won't matter much, and it will only be a mtter of deciding if the incentive they give us (if any) is worth the premium in the ticket price (if any).
  • Options
    Manchester tickets bought, gonna buy Perth tickets. Great year for seeing Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    aussies!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105754

help a dreamer out!
    i am especially interested in links and/or suggestions of affordable, the more affordable - the better ;) - places to stay in sydney...unless someone wants to let out their sofa. :D

decisions, decisions!

i am vacillating back and forth about it all....but sooo want to go......and yea, please share advice! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    aussies!

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=105754

help a dreamer out!
    i am especially interested in links and/or suggestions of affordable, the more affordable - the better ;) - places to stay in sydney...unless someone wants to let out their sofa. :D

decisions, decisions!

i am vacillating back and forth about it all....but sooo want to go......and yea, please share advice! 8-)

i would offer you a couch or a spare bed Maria, but i will be out of the country :(

no shortage of accomodation options in sydney so you should be able to find something affordable

but to tall the others, d2d is a great person, so help her out for her dream birthday show in sydney :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    aussies!

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=105754

help a dreamer out!

decisions, decisions!

What's your idea of affordable? $60/80/100? Travelodge in Sydney, Wentworth Ave generally has rooms for $88 and you could walk to the Stadium if you really wanted too?
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    NoK wrote:

and the fact they are playing large stadia rather than entertainment centres.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    twojawas wrote:
    [ He/she

OMG, you didn't tell us it was a he/she

I think further shows at the same venues would be extremely unlikely. While I would love it I doubt it. Venues are simply way to big.

However on the Triple M website, they said that it is 'one show only at this stage' Maybe they know something we don't?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Mr BenjaminMr Benjamin Adelaide, Australia Posts: 88
    In the tour section next the Aus/NZ dates why does it say the sale and pre-sale has closed. Shouldn't it say TBA, coming soon or something?

Also - "The shows announced will be "one-show-only" concerts and promise to be THE must-see rock events of the summer season!"

So, the shows they have announced are one offs. They could do other shows in different venues. Thebby, Enmore, Metro. :)
    George, Washington (September 01, 2005)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 19, 2005)
    Quebec City, Quebec (September 20, 2005)
    Halifax, Nova Scotia (September 22, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 24, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 25, 2005)
    Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 01, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 03, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 22, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 23, 2006)
    Dublin, Ireland (August 23, 2006)
    Reading, England (August 27, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 07, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 08, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 13, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 14, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 16, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 18, 2006)
    Newcastle, Australia (November 19, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 21, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 22, 2006)
    Perth, Australia (November 25, 2006)
    London, UK (August 18, 2009)
    Perth, Australia (November 14, 2009) 
    Adelaide, Australia (November 17, 2009)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 20, 2009)
    Sydney, Australia (November 22, 2009)
    Brisbane, Australia (November 25, 2009)
    Auckland, New Zealand (November 27, 2009)
    Christchurch, New Zealand (November 29, 2009)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 23, 2013)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 24, 2013)
    Adelaide, AU (January 31, 2014)
  • Options
    In the tour section next the Aus/NZ dates why does it say the sale and pre-sale has closed. Shouldn't it say TBA, coming soon or something?

Also - "The shows announced will be "one-show-only" concerts and promise to be THE must-see rock events of the summer season!"

So, the shows they have announced are one offs. They could do other shows in different venues. Thebby, Enmore, Metro. :)

Metro! Sweet Jesus that would be amazing.
  • Options
    Hey 'twojawas', I was thinking your name sounded familiarand then it all clicked. You're the dude that had the Black Crowes clips on Youtube from the Civic Theatre!! You tha man. I met Chris, Luther and Steve afterwards for a pic and some signings of the Setlists. PJ & The Black Crowes are my life!! Rock on dude.
  • Options
    Easties wrote:

What's your idea of affordable? $60/80/100? Travelodge in Sydney, Wentworth Ave generally has rooms for $88 and you could walk to the Stadium if you really wanted too?

Walk? :shock: that would be at least 40 minutes of walking if you were going very fast.. a $2 bus ticket will save you all the effort.
  • Options
    NoK wrote:
    a $2 bus ticket will save you all the effort.

i'd be happier with my two dollars.
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

He/she wouldn't be happy about the implication either. ;)
  • Options
    Easties wrote:
    Hey 'twojawas', I was thinking your name sounded familiarand then it all clicked. You're the dude that had the Black Crowes clips on Youtube from the Civic Theatre!! You tha man. I met Chris, Luther and Steve afterwards for a pic and some signings of the Setlists. PJ & The Black Crowes are my life!! Rock on dude.

That's me! I got a pic with Chris after than show, but two fool girls wrecked the party for everyone and the rest of the guys ran off.

I've got a pages of concert videos (including Pearl Jam) here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=two ... iew=videos
  • Options
    NoK wrote:
    a $2 bus ticket will save you all the effort.

i'd be happier with my two dollars.

ya but think of getting to the show after a 40 min - 1 hr walk.. then having to stand for 2.5 hrs.. THEN.. having to walk back 1 hr.. enjoy your $2
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    twojawas wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

He/she wouldn't be happy about the implication either. ;)

'Twas supposed toe light-hearted, not meant to be taken seriously. Sorry :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    twojawas wrote:
    Easties wrote:

That's me! I got a pic with Chris after than show, but two fool girls wrecked the party for everyone and the rest of the guys ran off.

Hey mate, very cool vids you have there. Looks like we've been to quite a few concerts together without knowing each other!
    Have a look on my page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/zezito777
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Options
    twojawas wrote:
    Easties wrote:

Tell me about it. Chris wasn't too happy with them. I remember one of them saying that the bourbon was eating a hole in her stomach and she needed a kebab! Classy. Awesome gig! Love the Black Crowes to death.

The next day I was praying there was footage of Waiting Guilty and Feathers! You made my day! Awesome work.
  • Options
    zezito77 wrote:
    twojawas wrote:
    Easties wrote:

Hey mate, very cool vids you have there. Looks like we've been to quite a few concerts together without knowing each other!
    Have a look on my page:

Shit! That's a lot of overlap! Very cool. So you know as well as I do that the Ben Harper haters in 10 Club are about to have their minds blown away on this Pearl Jam tour?
  • Options
    twojawas wrote:
    So you know as well as I do that the Ben Harper haters in 10 Club are about to have their minds blown away on this Pearl Jam tour?

ben harper haters?

surely there is no such thing?
  • Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    twojawas wrote:

Have a look on my page:

Shit! That's a lot of overlap! Very cool. So you know as well as I do that the Ben Harper haters in 10 Club are about to have their minds blown away on this Pearl Jam tour?[/quote]

I bet they will!!
    I always liked BH a lot, and Relentless7 is Ben Harper rocking way more than he did whit the Innocent Criminals, way more raw rock! Bring it on!
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!