Options

PJ in Australia in November?

Comments

• Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    zezito77 wrote:
    I wouldn't mind Woolongong, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane. Pause for a beer, go to Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth! Another beer, then back home for a fan club only at the Brass Monkey in Cronulla....too much to ask?
    All that on 2 beers?!?! :? :shock: ;)

Guess ur right...make it a couple of kegs, on the days off!!
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    zezito77 wrote:
    zezito77 wrote:
    I wouldn't mind Woolongong, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane. Pause for a beer, go to Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth! Another beer, then back home for a fan club only at the Brass Monkey in Cronulla....too much to ask?
    All that on 2 beers?!?! :? :shock: ;)

Guess ur right...make it a couple of kegs, on the days off!!
    Best just be having no days off, me thinks :D:lol:
    There is no escaping pre and post gig drinks! :shock:
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,703
    zezito77 wrote:

Are you from Cronulla? Great place. :)

The Beach Hotel at Byron Bay would be a great venue for a fan club only show too.
    8-)
  • Options
    Hoping for an Aus Tweet next ;):D:|
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    E.K wrote:
    zezito77 wrote:

The Beach Hotel at Byron Bay would be a great venue for a fan club only show too.
    8-)
    forget byron and forget cronulla... we'd all need passports to go to the cronulla show...
  • Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    E.K wrote:
    zezito77 wrote:

8-)

I've been living here for 5 years, love it!
    I woulnd't mind Byron as well, nice place.
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I can smell it!! It's coming!!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    I can sense an announcement in the next few days about PJ coming to AUS.... Heres hoping a few people have forgotten to renew their membership so this time i can be front row instead of 4th row like i was back in 2006.

COME ON!!!!!! Super excited
  • Options
    March 09

Today, 18 years on from the release of Ten and Pearl Jam are halfway through making their ninth studio album. “It’s taken two weeks to get halfway there and that’s writing it from the bottom up, so we’ll see how long it takes to finish it.

“I’m not sure what the recording process is going to be, but we will be playing shows,” says Eddie.

“One of us is having a baby next year so there’ll be no touring then so we have to get it done this year.

“I think the hardest thing about making music now is being a great dad at the same time,” adds Eddie, who has two young daughters with model Jill McCormick.
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    So does all this tour talk of Europe, US and then a second full European tour once the album is released leave room for us??
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    Red_Dot wrote:
    So does all this tour talk of Europe, US and then a second full European tour once the album is released leave room for us??

Of course. Ed promised back in 2006. :)
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    zezito77 wrote:

8-)
    forget byron and forget cronulla... we'd all need passports to go to the cronulla show...

Ok .. I'll settle for Brisbane then. 8-)
  • Options
    Dr ChronoDr Chrono Posts: 129
    Hopefully an announcement is heading for Aus as Europe has been announced though it was just a handful of shows.

Hopefully for Aus it's not between the first week of December and the first week of January as I'll be overseas...
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Fan club show at the Metro in Sydney.

Where's the petition?
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Time to start taking names and kicking arse Robby!!!!

Anyone visited MR lately to see if he has any goss?
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    LongRoad wrote:
    Fan club show at the Metro in Sydney.

Where's the petition?
    NOw this is an idea! :)
  • Options
    Oh God :|
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    So finally we get some album news....top shit.

Seems like its just a small Europe tour. We gonna have to wait till early next year but Ill be happy with the album for the mo.

A show at the Metro would be nice tho - Im in
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    So finally we get some album news....top shit.

Seems like its just a small Europe tour. We gonna have to wait till early next year but Ill be happy with the album for the mo.

A show at the Metro would be nice tho - Im in

Ed said no touring next year though ..
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    That means 2011 then. Damn it!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    zezito77 wrote:

Brass Monkey show would be epic! but i would prefer Caringbah bizzos, cheaper drinks and closer to home! :lol::lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Nah....I'm thinking November this year is looking very likely :)
    I bags ur couch Brandan! :D
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Hoping for an Aus Tweet next ;):D:|

I'm feeling it. And this Pearl Jam in November rumour may very well come true.

Think about it, they have just announced a series of shows for August. They haven't been to our shores since November 06. Yet have been to Europe twice and played shows in the U.S

New album to be released in September apparently. So my Red hot tip is Australia to kick off the world tour (starting i Adelaide boo!!!! :D ). Plus Ed likes coming down here in the hotter months so he can jump on his surf board. I think the pieces are falling into place nicely.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    came here to see if people were talkin about this possibility after the europe announcement, and yes they are.

in 2006 was unemployed and a little poor, but had all the time in the world to see 10/12 shows! now with a full-time job i can't take time off from.. :(
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    UNLESS they come in January.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    heyjose wrote:

But Ed said in an interview no touring next year.

Why do I have to keep repeating this?? :roll: :)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    heyjose wrote:

no ed shows...
    where was this interview anyway?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    E.K wrote:
    heyjose wrote:

cuz it's what you do :D
  • Options
    Jeff seems to have contradicted this recently....
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 329546.ece

Snippet..

March 20 2009 - THE SUN, UK

Today, 18 years on from the release of Ten and Pearl Jam are halfway through making their ninth studio album. “It’s taken two weeks to get halfway there and that’s writing it from the bottom up, so we’ll see how long it takes to finish it.

“I’m not sure what the recording process is going to be, but we will be playing shows,” says Eddie.

“One of us is having a baby next year so there’ll be no touring then so we have to get it done this year.

“I think the hardest thing about making music now is being a great dad at the same time,” adds Eddie, who has two young daughters with model Jill McCormick.

“There’s an insanity that goes with writing — a mad scientist thing that you have to go through and sacrificing a kid’s upbringing to do that is not an option.

“But at the same time, I don’t want to go the way where music becomes a hobby. I don’t trust art that’s made without some pain and insanity, so it’s just about trying to balance that out.

“We all want to make music together as much as we did when we were making Ten.

“We get along and work really well together and as yet, we still don’t have a band therapist. And that’s something I’m particularly proud of.”