pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,745
edited March 2009 in The Porch
http://ricjomail.googlepages.com/home

what a bastard...getting fleeced today
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I feel for the guy, but 10C NEVER said it was an exclusive item. They offered the chance to pre-order and had the lil' 'lottery' incentive - ie a signed copy. If one looks back at posts, people have purchased from the 10C (instead of amazon, etc.) with the hope of maybe being the lucky ones and the hope it gets to them earlier. The price of the goods (+ shipping) is more or less equivalent whether one has bought from 10C or another supplier (though exchange rates do fluctuate).

I think 10C also mention something about custom charges, etc? But maybe I'm wrong on that one.

Though all that money is VERY steep.
  • Options
    nnynny Posts: 4
    What? They will be selling it on a physical store here in Portugal? ...and for cheaper than what I payed for through 10C to have it sent to a friend in the US (I'll only pick up my box when I go there in May)...bah. oh, hindsight.
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    $317 is not acceptable...I understand him completely...

I'm also from Europe..ordered deluxe and vinyl editions...and I hope I wont be charged for every package separately (since the order had to be separate)...
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    you will be charged 45€ for each package!!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I feel for the guy, but 10C NEVER said it was an exclusive item. They offered the chance to pre-order and had the lil' 'lottery' incentive - ie a signed copy. If one looks back at posts, people have purchased from the 10C (instead of amazon, etc.) with the hope of maybe being the lucky ones and the hope it gets to them earlier. The price of the goods (+ shipping) is more or less equivalent whether one has bought from 10C or another supplier (though exchange rates do fluctuate).

I think 10C also mention something about custom charges, etc? But maybe I'm wrong on that one.

Though all that money is VERY steep.

maybe you are right, but for sure the signing incentive was a very clever marketing ploy, from a band who are so keen not to exploit their fans? They whinged about a few dollars ticketmaster charged then fuck us all over for $50 a pop shipping.....I can see why people are upset. Yes we all had the choice to order, but when they throw in that some orders will be signed, they know the majority of us will jump in two feet. You can't blame them, they are a business, but its time people started to appreciate this rather than getting right up their arses everytime they agree to replace a faulty product etc,
  • Options
    Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    $317 is insane.

Some days you get the elevator, some days you get the shaft
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Yes we all had the choice to order, but when they throw in that some orders will be signed, they know the majority of us will jump in two feet.

Exactly... CHOICE. Choice to purchase from 10C or choice to check out other suppliers (which I think a good number of people did). Don't blame the band for this - we can all use our brains.

When it comes to UPS charges - that sucks and it should be looked into. Is there not a thread about similar issues for Canada and they tried to sort it out? Customs is something completely different and people should make a point of finding out what is done for their country.
  • Options
    gregmac666gregmac666 Posts: 123
    I have to agree with the general sentiment of the original poster on this. I am also not happy, and it has taken the shine off of what is otherwise a wonderful item.

Although PJ never said it (the super deluxe version) was an exclusive to the store, they also did not say that it would not be - we have had many exclusives in the past, and my thought was that why should this issue be any different? At no time did any e-mails or notices on the website at the time of the press release state that this product would be available in local territories.

In the recent light of other artists such as Nine Inch Nails releasing deluxe packages that are most definitely exclusive to their sites & unavailable anywhere else, I think it is a reasonable assumption to expect the Ten super deluxe reissue to also be exclusive.

I too ordered my TSD with the mindset that if i did not buy it from the 10C then I would miss-out on a great product. Within 2 weeks I saw that HMV UK were listing the item at £99, and that INCLUDES local shipping.
    This meant that with todays exchange rate, I was paying approximately £30 more than the local price, and of course I then thought about import duties...

I am fully aware that importing good from outside of my country will incur taxes, and most sites do make you aware of this. I believe the 10C also made me aware of this during checkout. Initially the issue of duties was not a worry for me as I believed I was buying an exclusive item, which alone is reason enough not to be too worried about extra charges, BUT it's hard to swallow these costs when you find out that the item you have bought is not exclusive.

My package arrived today via UPS & I paid £32.25 for duties. This means that I spent around £60 more on this item that I need to. To put it another way, on top of the HMV UK website price, I paid a 60% premium for buying the item straight from the band. Something that normally guarantees a cheaper & better service.

Due to the economic downturn I recently had to take a 10% pay-cut at my job. Buying this item was something that I really should not have done, but I allowed it to myself as a luxury because PJ have always been one of my favorite bands & I have a vast collection which has been amassed since I got into the band in 1991. Because of this reduction in wage, the extra £60 cost on this item could have been better spent elsewhere - winter fuel bills, or my credit card which I used to pay for the item originally. If I wanted to spend an extra £60 with the 10C I would prefer that I receive the bootleg box with a few of the CDs inside, or perhaps a T-shirt or 3, as that it what that sum of money equates to after shipping.

I suppose at least I know now not to fully trust the 10C as I once did. If they do not say that an item is exclusive, then I'll save my money & wait for a local release - I believe PJ are doing re-issues for all the first 4 albums in this way. Can you imagine buying all 4 through the 10C & the total extra costs that would add up to?! I'll wait and see what happens with Vs, and to be honest I might not bother at all.

All-in-all I believe that next time an item like this appears on the website & they mail us all to tell us about it, they make it CRYSTAL CLEAR as to if the item will be available overseas. That way we will be able to make a well informed decision as to if we make the purchase at that time.

I have to say that I would like some form of apology from the 10C with regards to this & a promise that in future we will be assured that none of us will find ourselves in this position again.

Perhaps some free bootleg downloads are in order.
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Exactly... CHOICE. Choice to purchase from 10C or choice to check out other suppliers (which I think a good number of people did). Don't blame the band for this - we can all use our brains.

Except that when the item was announced, NO OTHER SITE was listing this product AT ALL. The news of the reissue hadn't even hit the press. This came in the days & weeks after the e-mail that the 10C had sent out about the release & the ability to pre-order.

Many of us that have bought special products from the 10C before have had to do so as soon as the mailing is sent out, otherwise you miss the boat of some great packages. The history of this & the incentive was enough to make many of us presume that this particular version would not be available anywhere else. That the item, which costs quite a bit of money, was exclusive to us. Everyone else around the world would get the choice of the regular version, vinyl & deluxe version.

It actually seems that it paid in this instance to not have acted so quickly.
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • Options
    gregmac666 wrote:
    Although PJ never said it (the super deluxe version) was an exclusive to the store, they also did not say that it would not be - we have had many exclusives in the past, and my thought was that why should this issue be any different? At no time did any e-mails or notices on the website at the time of the press release state that this product would be available in local territories..

"Listen To Tracks From the Reissue Of TEN
    Ten, the debut album that sold 12 million copies and introduced the world to Pearl Jam in 1991, will be reissued in four (4) new and expanded editions. Pre-orders of the Super Deluxe Edition begin today, through the Ten Club at PearlJam.com. All four editions will be available for purchase on March 24, 2009."

and, if you clicked 'more'

FOUR SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGES
    IN STORES MARCH 24, 2009"
    etc....

In stores, not available from the goods section... in stores

They say when items are exclusive, do they really have to spell it out if it is the other way? Reminds me of the threads about NOT announcing a tour (as opposed to announcing one).

I really do feel for the people who have to pay all the extra charges on top of shipping and that MUST be looked into, but don't blame the 10C for not telling you what 'is not'.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    gregmac666 wrote:
    Except that when the item was announced, NO OTHER SITE was listing this product AT ALL. The news of the reissue hadn't even hit the press. .

Maybe not but see my post below/above (depending on how you view the board).
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    gregmac666 wrote:
    I have to agree with the general sentiment of the original poster on this. I am also not happy, and it has taken the shine off of what is otherwise a wonderful item.

Although PJ never said it (the super deluxe version) was an exclusive to the store, they also did not say that it would not be - we have had many exclusives in the past, and my thought was that why should this issue be any different? At no time did any e-mails or notices on the website at the time of the press release state that this product would be available in local territories.

In the recent light of other artists such as Nine Inch Nails releasing deluxe packages that are most definitely exclusive to their sites & unavailable anywhere else, I think it is a reasonable assumption to expect the Ten super deluxe reissue to also be exclusive.

I too ordered my TSD with the mindset that if i did not buy it from the 10C then I would miss-out on a great product. Within 2 weeks I saw that HMV UK were listing the item at £99, and that INCLUDES local shipping.
    This meant that with todays exchange rate, I was paying approximately £30 more than the local price, and of course I then thought about import duties...

I am fully aware that importing good from outside of my country will incur taxes, and most sites do make you aware of this. I believe the 10C also made me aware of this during checkout. Initially the issue of duties was not a worry for me as I believed I was buying an exclusive item, which alone is reason enough not to be too worried about extra charges, BUT it's hard to swallow these costs when you find out that the item you have bought is not exclusive.

My package arrived today via UPS & I paid £32.25 for duties. This means that I spent around £60 more on this item that I need to. To put it another way, on top of the HMV UK website price, I paid a 60% premium for buying the item straight from the band. Something that normally guarantees a cheaper & better service.

Due to the economic downturn I recently had to take a 10% pay-cut at my job. Buying this item was something that I really should not have done, but I allowed it to myself as a luxury because PJ have always been one of my favorite bands & I have a vast collection which has been amassed since I got into the band in 1991. Because of this reduction in wage, the extra £60 cost on this item could have been better spent elsewhere - winter fuel bills, or my credit card which I used to pay for the item originally. If I wanted to spend an extra £60 with the 10C I would prefer that I receive the bootleg box with a few of the CDs inside, or perhaps a T-shirt or 3, as that it what that sum of money equates to after shipping.

I suppose at least I know now not to fully trust the 10C as I once did. If they do not say that an item is exclusive, then I'll save my money & wait for a local release - I believe PJ are doing re-issues for all the first 4 albums in this way. Can you imagine buying all 4 through the 10C & the total extra costs that would add up to?! I'll wait and see what happens with Vs, and to be honest I might not bother at all.

All-in-all I believe that next time an item like this appears on the website & they mail us all to tell us about it, they make it CRYSTAL CLEAR as to if the item will be available overseas. That way we will be able to make a well informed decision as to if we make the purchase at that time.

I have to say that I would like some form of apology from the 10C with regards to this & a promise that in future we will be assured that none of us will find ourselves in this position again.

Perhaps some free bootleg downloads are in order.

I agree the extra fees are ridiculous. For the $50 shipping, I would've thought that would cover everything, shipping wise. I'd think there is a shipping option that covers the import fees.

On the other hand.....

Pearl Jam always gives people last chance to get something before they quit selling it, unless it's a limited item. They never mentioned that the SDE was limited or exclusive. I haven't been in the fan club long, but I've always checked out the new items, exclusive or not, and when something is limited or 10c exclusive, they make it pretty clear.

You surely thought you had more than a 2 weeks to buy it, right?

I don't really think any freebies are in order from 10c.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    gregmac666 wrote:
    Although PJ never said it (the super deluxe version) was an exclusive to the store, they also did not say that it would not be - we have had many exclusives in the past, and my thought was that why should this issue be any different? At no time did any e-mails or notices on the website at the time of the press release state that this product would be available in local territories..

Ten, the debut album that sold 12 million copies and introduced the world to Pearl Jam in 1991, will be reissued in four (4) new and expanded editions. Pre-orders of the Super Deluxe Edition begin today, through the Ten Club at PearlJam.com. All four editions will be available for purchase on March 24, 2009."

and, if you clicked 'more'

FOUR SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGES
    IN STORES MARCH 24, 2009"
    etc....

In stores, not available from the goods section... in stores

They say when items are exclusive, do they really have to spell it out if it is the other way? Reminds me of the threads about NOT announcing a tour (as opposed to announcing one).

I really do feel for the people who have to pay all the extra charges on top of shipping and that MUST be looked into, but don't blame the 10C for not telling you what 'is not'.

are you really quoting a news item from February???
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    ..are you really quoting a news item from February???

OK... what I am highlighting is that one knew it was not exclusive and it would be generally available by the time 'pre-order' day arrived.
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    redrock wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

OK... what I am highlighting is that one knew it was not exclusive and it would be generally available by the time 'pre-order' day arrived.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the $50 dollars shipping its the fact that 10c decided to send the item UPS nowing full well we would incur charges.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I don't think anyone is complaining about the $50 dollars shipping its the fact that 10c decided to send the item UPS nowing full well we would incur charges.

Exactly - and this needs to be sorted. People are putting forth the argument that 10C never said the set wasn't exclusive and therefore never said that it would be available from other suppliers (so weren't 'given a chance' to shop around). That if they had known, maybe they would have ordered elsewhere. But then, there was the very 'clever marketing ploy' that said that SOME will be autographed so people would order from the 10C.

All this loads of bullshit and moaning.

This said... and I reiterate, whereas customs and VAT are a given, the other UPS charges (and how the charges were calculated and not communicated - from what you say Surfy) is wrong.
  • Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 117
    I had to pay the exact same price having it shipped to Germany something around $317 in total.
    I`m also a bit pissed about that but I think the only one I can blame is myself :(
    But what is really sad is how bad quality this package has. When I hold the Lps I have the fear that everything falls apart. All the stuff is not really nicley clued together and all that. I think if you use it 10 times it will be broken. So it`s a real collectors item. Just keep it sealed and look at it - it does not seems like it`s made to be used :?
  • Options
    Exactly - and this needs to be sorted. People are putting forth the argument that 10C never said the set wasn't exclusive and therefore never said that it would be available from other suppliers (so weren't 'given a chance' to shop around). That if they had known, maybe they would have ordered elsewhere. But then, there was the very 'clever marketing ploy' that said that SOME will be autographed so people would order from the 10C.

All this loads of bullshit and moaning.

This said... and I reiterate, whereas customs and VAT are a given, the other UPS charges (and how the charges were calculated and not communicated - from what you say Surfy) is wrong.[/quote]

have you honestly convinced yourself that the signing thing wasnt an effort to sell a shit load more before it came available elsewhere? I personally dont mind as I would have ordered anyway, but I get what people are saying on here who are not necessarily collectors....and ordered because it might be signed....its pretty blatant really.

If there hadnt been a signing option, and and the item wasnt exclusive, do you really think people would have ordered internationally?? I mean really?
  • Options
    lj162537lj162537 Posts: 15
    lol, when i open it, the outside sticker fall on the floor
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    have you honestly convinced yourself that the signing thing wasnt an effort to sell a shit load more before it came available elsewhere? I personally dont mind as I would have ordered anyway, but I get what people are saying on here who are not necessarily collectors....and ordered because it might be signed....its pretty blatant really.

If there hadnt been a signing option, and and the item wasnt exclusive, do you really think people would have ordered internationally?? I mean really?

Hey... I'm not saying anything about that. If people want to order and 'play the lottery' it is up to them - you say you would have ordered anyway - I'm guessing loads are thinking the same way. And if they cannot read that an item will be 'in stores', that also is up to them. Again, on the day one could pre-order, it was said that it would be available elsewhere.

And yes, I do think a lot of people still order internationally.

I understand that people are very pissed off, but be real. As one poster said "I think the only one I can blame is myself" (which actually, from a UPS charge, he can shift the blame elsewhere).

PJ - don't bother trying to give people a bit of a treat/surprise with the next item to be released/sold. Oh... and don't bother offering to non-americans because if there is no treat or item is not exclusive to 10C, they won't bother ordering. ;)
  • Options
    $317 for the SDE sucks and I feel for this guy BUT if there is something I don't agree with is that fact that he thinks 10C wasn't clear about whether this was exclusive or not.

They never said this was an exclusive item, when it is they say it, this time they didn't so to me it was clear that this was not exclusive.

10C didn't say this would be available overseas, but why wouldn't it be, every other release is, it goes without saying.
    Many people are quick to send emails to the 10C bitching about things but how about before going crazy and pulling out your wallet you first send an email and ask the people at the 10C, will this be available overseas? and based on that make your decision to purchase.
    And whoever bought the set only for the signatures was delusional, random meant random, and getting a signed one was a long shot and was never presented any other way.

The only thing I do think the 10C could have done is make a small print disclaimer, something like "all orders will be shipped via UPS" that way international fans knew what they were getting into with buying the set through the 10C.
  • Options
    The copy that you quote above was not evident when I clicked the link to make the purchase which was immediately after the e-mail was sent.
  • Options
    LanarkLanark Posts: 4
    pdalowsky wrote:
    http://ricjomail.googlepages.com/home

what a bastard...getting fleeced today

Jesus! I thought I'd read that as 10c had used the expedited service that all 'handling' charges had been paid and we'd only have to pay the customs charge - has anyone contacted them about this?? I'm about to get royally f*&^ed in charges! :? :cry:
  • Options
    LanarkLanark Posts: 4
    redrock wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Hey... I'm not saying anything about that. If people want to order and 'play the lottery' it is up to them - you say you would have ordered anyway - I'm guessing loads are thinking the same way. And if they cannot read that an item will be 'in stores', that also is up to them. Again, on the day one could pre-order, it was said that it would be available elsewhere.

And yes, I do think a lot of people still order internationally.

I understand that people are very pissed off, but be real. As one poster said "I think the only one I can blame is myself" (which actually, from a UPS charge, he can shift the blame elsewhere).

PJ - don't bother trying to give people a bit of a treat/surprise with the next item to be released/sold. Oh... and don't bother offering to non-americans because if there is no treat or item is not exclusive to 10C, they won't bother ordering. ;)

It's not about anything other than the additional UPS charges - I had no idea they would be that much! I was expecting to pay a bit of customs per package, but to have to pay an additional $70 (approx) on top of customs is completely disgusting. Had I known and was given a choise, I'd prefer to have waited 6 weeks or so and have it sent through their normal postal route.

:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    I think that the most pressing question is: why did it cost so much to ship to Europe/rest of the world, and North American customers got free shipping? Are we paying the shipping costs of those to whom shipping would cost much less? I'm one of those with mixed feelings about rushing to support the band by ordering the day after this was announced, and paying well over the odds in the process.

My SDE arrived in Dublin today and is waiting at home for me. Who knows, maybe I got lucky and got a signed one. Either way, I can't wait to get home and open it.

The guy who is paying 317 euro has been screwed, no two ways about it. I won't apportion blame, but I feel that if the 10c is using a distributor that is so costly to European customers, perhaps they should review their business practise in this area.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    $317 for the SDE sucks and I feel for this guy BUT if there is something I don't agree with is that fact that he thinks 10C wasn't clear about whether this was exclusive or not.

They never said this was an exclusive item, when it is they say it, this time they didn't so to me it was clear that this was not exclusive.

10C didn't say this would be available overseas, but why wouldn't it be, every other release is, it goes without saying.
    Many people are quick to send emails to the 10C bitching about things but how about before going crazy and pulling out your wallet you first send an email and ask the people at the 10C, will this be available overseas? and based on that make your decision to purchase.
    And whoever bought the set only for the signatures was delusional, random meant random, and getting a signed one was a long shot and was never presented any other way.

The only thing I do think the 10C could have done is make a small print disclaimer, something like "all orders will be shipped via UPS" that way international fans knew what they were getting into with buying the set through the 10C.
    i agree. i also think that if people are that concerned about those UPS charges, they should have probably asked someone at the 10c before jumping the gun on the purchase. they probably should have thought to themselves that it being shipped by UPS is a possibility and should have prioritized and made sure "is this something i really want even if i have to pay a lot at customs/etc?" and i highly doubt a lot of people bought this item purely because of the signatures. face it, if no one said anything about the sigs people would have still jumped up at the chance to own this. a lot of people pull the trigger before they think to themselves the cost/benefit and don't calm down to think to ask the 10c before buying to make sure it will be available somewhere else or not. and if you thought you only had a week or two at the most before it was all sold out and decided to buy it the first day, then it *is* your fault for getting so caught up and not prioritizing. if money was so important, especially in this economy, wouldn't you look at the purchase from every angle first and make sure you can afford it after thinking of every possible contingency? i know i've missed out on owning a few things because i couldn't justify spending the money but that's life.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Just pointing something else out. US shipping was free when pre-ordered before 1st March. International was $50. Looking now international is still $50, and US is $15. If 10c were subsidising US shipping before1st March, but couldn't justify the cost of subsidising International shipping, couldn't they have still knocked off the difference ($15) up to 1st March making everyone have a similar discount, Making International shipping $35?

Just a thought....
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786

i agree. i also think that if people are that concerned about those UPS charges, they should have probably asked someone at the 10c before jumping the gun on the purchase. they probably should have thought to themselves that it being shipped by UPS is a possibility and should have prioritized and made sure "is this something i really want even if i have to pay a lot at customs/etc?" and i highly doubt a lot of people bought this item purely because of the signatures. face it, if no one said anything about the sigs people would have still jumped up at the chance to own this. a lot of people pull the trigger before they think to themselves the cost/benefit and don't calm down to think to ask the 10c before buying to make sure it will be available somewhere else or not. and if you thought you only had a week or two at the most before it was all sold out and decided to buy it the first day, then it *is* your fault for getting so caught up and not prioritizing. if money was so important, especially in this economy, wouldn't you look at the purchase from every angle first and make sure you can afford it after thinking of every possible contingency? i know i've missed out on owning a few things because i couldn't justify spending the money but that's life.

Why should I think they would send through UPS since every other time I have ever ordered from them they have never used a courier service.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    Why should I think they would send through UPS since every other time I have ever ordered from them they have never used a courier service.

To get it to people on (even before) date of official release (remember all the moaning threads about how long it took goods to get to Europe).

But they should have been VERY clear about it. Which they weren't.
  • Options
    They tried to deliver it to me in Manchester today - when I phoned up to ask about charges - £30.31

£19.13 VAT, and £11.00 admin fee to pay the VAT on my behalf!!! Charge me to charge me!

Unless this gets sorted, I wont be ordering from Ten Club again.
    Wembley Arena - Oct 28, 1996, Wembley Arena - Oct 29, 1996
    Wembley Arena - May 29, 2000, Wembley Arena - May 30, 2000, The Point - Jun 01, 2000, S.E.C.C. - Jun 03, 2000, Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 04, 2000, Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000
    Astoria - Apr 20, 2006, The Point - Aug 23, 2006, Leeds Festival - Aug 25, 2006, Arena di Verona - Sep 16, 2006, Forum Milan - Sep 17, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009, Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010