Most annoying current or upcoming trends?

Comments

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    ]

I'll post pics later ;):lol:
    Please include the one of the dogs getting it on!! :P
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    lip piercings,
    tattoos on girls arms
    blackberry phones
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    lip piercings,
    tattoos on girls arms
    blackberry phones
    Hmmmm you've just about described me! (Trade lip ring for a nose stud)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    scb wrote:
    Rick-rolling. Seriously - what the fuck is up with that? Why would anyone find it amusing??

Well no one finds it funny NOW. In 2007 it was good for a laugh or two, but its kind of ancient history. Some of the things listed are not current or upcoming trends. I mean lip pierces? Those have been around for years. Manson's had one since the 90's. Crocs? At least 3 years. Blackberries? years. The most annoying thing I can think of that's current is Lady Gaga. A talentless entity.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    scb wrote:
    Rick-rolling. Seriously - what the fuck is up with that? Why would anyone find it amusing??

Well no one finds it funny NOW. In 2007 it was good for a laugh or two, but its kind of ancient history. Some of the things listed are not current or upcoming trends. I mean lip pierces? Those have been around for years. Manson's had one since the 90's. Crocs? At least 3 years. Blackberries? years. The most annoying thing I can think of that's current is Lady Gaga. A talentless entity.

i agree. particularly the song "poker face"...terrible, in my opinion!
    i've been in my mind, it's such a fine line...
  • CB206820CB206820 Posts: 105
    Crocs are cool for kickin around the house or pool... They really are comfortable...
  • how am i the only one who has said ed hardy, seriously the ugliest fashion trend in the history of man, possibly. looks like my 3 year old kid brother ate a bunch of glitter and pastels and barfed on a t shirt.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,425
    most annoying current trend???

Has anybody else notice the increase of people who are running down the street chasing after U.P.S. drivers???

It has really gotten out of hand, and needs to be stopped.

Somebody is going to get injured.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • layoffs, pay cuts, furloughs..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    Thanks to a certain miss CIW I went into an American Apparel for the first time ever this week and....It looked like the eighties threw up in there!!

http://www.americanapparel.com/rsac307.html
    http://www.americanapparel.com/rsa0301lw.html
    http://www.americanapparel.com/rsald503.html
    http://www.americanapparel.com/rsand301mw.html (stone wash....are you shitting me??)

Please no....it's horrible...because the ACTUAL people who wear these clothes sure as hell wont be models!

THAT is the most annoying upcoming trend IMHO.
    i sell the mineral wash shorts at my store...we've actually sold out of them!!

i'm a big fan of american apparel...and won't lie when i say that i own 2 pairs of these in eel skin and mauve/black dots: http://store.americanapparel.net/rsac349.html#i

they're amazing and i love them :D i can't pull off a lot of the things that they have in there...most things were not made for anyone w/ hips!!
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    most annoying current trend???

Has anybody else notice the increase of people who are running down the street chasing after U.P.S. drivers???

It has really gotten out of hand, and needs to be stopped.

Somebody is going to get injured.

Hah
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    smithnic wrote:
    Twitter

I know Twitter will be said a million times on this thread, but I have to vote for it too.

Great thread by the way!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    Faith No More suddenly being 'cool' again because they've reformed and are touring.

Some of us have liked them for f'in years. :evil:

This is not a new annoying trend, but people that love to tell you they have been into something longer than other people is and has always been annoying.
    Flagg wrote:
    Any and everything to do with Twilight. My wife and her friends are ridiculously obsessed with this drivel meant for 15 year old girls. Good God! If she wasn't such a big PJ fan (and a wonderful person otherwise), I would have to think about making a decision. :)

You are so right about "Twilight". I read the first book because my wife bought and said it was really good. I read it and hated it. The writing is absolutely horrible. The Harry Potter books aren't as good as a lot of people make them out to be, but at least they are well written.
    threads that can be answered by going to google
    threads that have part of a topic in the title, enticing you to read

Next to threads about pictures of band members being hot or rankings of songs/albums, these two are the most annoying things here.

The worst thing about the new board is not being able to put the mouse over a thread topic to see if it is worthwhile because there are a lot that aren't.
    Green. Green is a good idea until it becomes a fashion trend sewn together in Indonesian sweat shops, and packaged and sold at Walmart.

Yeah I've always hated it. Just say recycle! "Green your home!" Green is not a verb you hippie freak!
    LongRd. wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Seattle Newspapers stopping print after 146 years
    i heard bout the PI going under, sorry for your loss. my local paper is hurting badly to

internet killing the newspaper industry and fucking young people for not reading the paper. thats what annoys me
    I don't think young people not reading the papers have that much to do with the failure, it's basically the Internet. The print industry should have seen it coming ever since Ebay started to become a huge trend back around the late 90's. Then Google came along, later craigslist, and so forth....basically these sites sucked all the advertisements away from the newspapers. That's where the papers make their money, from the ads.

:(

Bill Simmons on ESPN had an interesting debate with Chuck Klosterman the other day about this.

Here it is if anyone is interested: http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/pod ... id=2864045

It's the one on 3/13.

Simmons argues that one reason is that writers in newspapers had unions representing them so a writer basically got tenure there and didn't have to worry about losing his job so he wasn't doing the best work. I don't think this had anything to do with it.

They both did point out what you said that it is just the internet and that papers saw other papers put their paper online for free so they would put there's on to try to keep up. But people stopped buying what they could get for free. You are right about craigslist. That's something Klosterman pointed out that I hadn't thought of.

It's a bummer especially for my parent's generation. My dad reads the paper every morning and I know it will really suck for him.

So that's where the bat wings went!
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    rrivers wrote:

um. i have that in silver.

(not really-ew)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    rrivers wrote:
    LongRd. wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    i heard bout the PI going under, sorry for your loss. my local paper is hurting badly to

internet killing the newspaper industry and fucking young people for not reading the paper. thats what annoys me
    I don't think young people not reading the papers have that much to do with the failure, it's basically the Internet. The print industry should have seen it coming ever since Ebay started to become a huge trend back around the late 90's. Then Google came along, later craigslist, and so forth....basically these sites sucked all the advertisements away from the newspapers. That's where the papers make their money, from the ads.

:(

Bill Simmons on ESPN had an interesting debate with Chuck Klosterman the other day about this.

Here it is if anyone is interested: http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/pod ... id=2864045

It's the one on 3/13.

Simmons argues that one reason is that writers in newspapers had unions representing them so a writer basically got tenure there and didn't have to worry about losing his job so he wasn't doing the best work. I don't think this had anything to do with it.

They both did point out what you said that it is just the internet and that papers saw other papers put their paper online for free so they would put there's on to try to keep up. But people stopped buying what they could get for free. You are right about craigslist. That's something Klosterman pointed out that I hadn't thought of.

It's a bummer especially for my parent's generation. My dad reads the paper every morning and I know it will really suck for him.[/quote]
    Thanks for the link. That was a good debate there. I find that interesting they compare a writer's position to that of a teacher's tenure; it does seem like once you're in you're there until you retire and not much hope for the new kids.

I guess in a way the older writers/editors never gave Internet that much credit when it first started out. Now, it came back to bite them in the ass and the print industry is dying.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    :([/quote]

It's the one on 3/13.

It's a bummer especially for my parent's generation. My dad reads the paper every morning and I know it will really suck for him.[/quote]
    Thanks for the link. That was a good debate there. I find that interesting they compare a writer's position to that of a teacher's tenure; it does seem like once you're in you're there until you retire and not much hope for the new kids.

I guess in a way the older writers/editors never gave Internet that much credit when it first started out. Now, it came back to bite them in the ass and the print industry is dying.[/quote]

Glad you liked it. I do think that writer's get tenured in there, but I don't think that had anything to do with newspapers folding. (I'm not saying you are arguing that, just making a point) Without the internet, papers would still be doing fine.
    not current or upcoming....

but this annoys me....

people who blame everyone and their mother for all the problems in their lives...

nobody seems to take responsibility for themselves or for their actions...and that drives me nuts...

another thing that makes me crazy???

people who expect everything to be handed to them...
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    nobody seems to take responsibility for themselves or for their actions...and that drives me nuts...

an age old problem, and one that is unfortunately never going to change.

the whole facebooking, blogging, twittering, myspacing mentality of the world
    and the laziness that it inevitably brings is quite annoying.
    Nice shirt.

i still have friends of mine who ask me if i can help them get a job....

wtf???

they are in their 40s and still bounce from job to job..... just happy to make enough money for booze and smokes....

wtf kind of life is that????

they will spend 8-12 months unemployed....and it never once dawns on them to maybe go do something that will actually put them in a better positon to get hired by someone...

I want to tell them to get off their lazy, ignorant asses and go do something for themselves....hehehe
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

wtf???

they are in their 40s and still bounce from job to job..... just happy to make enough money for booze and smokes....

they will spend 8-12 months unemployed....and it never once dawns on them to maybe go do something that will actually put them in a better positon to get hired by someone...

I want to tell them to get off their lazy, ignorant asses and go do something for themselves....hehehe

complacency has become so rampant in the online world we live in.

sometimes you have to actually go out into the world and
    put a little more of an effort into bettering yourself.

settling for living paycheck to paycheck, barely, is not an ideal lifestyle,
    though some feel that it is all that is necessary to 'succeed' in life.

and thats just kind of sad...sad and disheartening.

we should always try to better ourselves, challenge ourselves.
    Nice shirt.
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    rrivers wrote:

Anything from that store! They use like 13 year old girls for their ads.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • nobody seems to take responsibility for themselves or for their actions...and that drives me nuts...

wtf???

that sounds like one of my best friends. he's about to go into his 4th year at community college... he had 15 credits the whole first year of college and i got 17 my first semester. his parents yelled at him a few months ago because he's not getting financial aid anymore cuz he should have graduated 2 years ago.. he JUST realized he should do something.. i tried helping him find a job he could do and would be interested in but he said he's only interested in one thing and won't go to school for it. i gave up helping him. i can't believe you haven't already told them to get off their lazy asses, thats what i tell my friend everyday!

oh and i guess my least favorite trend is this whole american self-righteous bullshit. from the whole "i'm green and youre not.. tsk tsk.. i guess i care more about our mother earth" to the whole thing about kicking out people who don't speak english. wtf is up with that?!
    AND i hate this whole global warming bullshit too. this isn't the first time earth's climate changed and it certainly won't be the last so enough with this end-of-the-world-the-ice-caps-are-melting mentality.
    i really don't care if they're not really trends, it just pisses me the fuck off.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
    AND i hate this whole global warming bullshit too. this isn't the first time earth's climate changed and it certainly won't be the last so enough with this end-of-the-world-the-ice-caps-are-melting mentality.
    i really don't care if they're not really trends, it just pisses me the fuck off.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

War starting in three, two.....
    When people say, "it is what it is." There is not a more meaningless phrase.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    rrivers wrote:
    When people say, "it is what it is." There is not a more meaningless phrase.

It is way over-used, but I think it can be appropriate.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"