Most annoying current or upcoming trends?

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Skinny jeans.....the whole Emo look actually.....but especially skinny jeans....

would you rather see a guy wearing jeans half way down his ass and showing his undies or jeans that actually fit a guy. i ditched all my baggy jeans and just have straight leg jeans and have 2 pairs that are the skinny type
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Seattle Newspapers stopping print after 146 years
    i heard bout the PI going under, sorry for your loss. my local paper is hurting badly to

interent killing the newspaper industry and fucking young people for not reading the paper. thats what annoys me

threads about delivery confirmations
    threads about arrival of merchandise
    threads that can be answered by going to google
    threads that have part of a topic in the title, enticing you to read
    threads about the holiday single
    threads about deep
    threads about things in deep
    complaining threads/posts :roll:

so basically you hate the porch huh kevin
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I had to drive through Arizona State University's campus today and it was hiiiiiiilarious. Everyone looked the exact same!!

Some I hate are:
    Emo, or hipster anything
    Ugg boots
    Stupid oversized colored-framed sunglasses
    Dudes wearing those plaid shorts (where the fuck did that come from? totally gay, but I guess if you want to be hip...)
    Reality TV (unless it's on the Dicovery Channel)

Jean skirts. Actually, while popular (esp. with ugg boots)...I like 'em! Or, looking at them. :D
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    those vampire books by Myers

90210 and Gossip Girl...whens the last time you saw a "17 year old" drinking martinis and using fancy glassware.

When I was that age, Gold Schlagger was as fancy as it got, or maybe generic vodka from a glass bottle instead of plastic
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • metsfan wrote:
    Skinny jeans.....the whole Emo look actually.....but especially skinny jeans....

would you rather see a guy wearing jeans half way down his ass and showing his undies or jeans that actually fit a guy. i ditched all my baggy jeans and just have straight leg jeans and have 2 pairs that are the skinny type

Definitely jeans that fit a guy. In my opinion, skinny jeans don't "fit" and neither do "baggy jeans." I assume your straight leg jeans fit as they should. Baggy pants fall off, skinny jeans need to be painted on, jeans that just kinda fit well.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/in ... EmoKid.jpg - these jeans do not "fit"
    http://www.racewire.org/archives/baggy.jpg - these jeans do not "fit"

But in all reality, to each their own. I'm not really hatin' on anything that people wear, but if I had to choose one "look" that bugs me lately, it's the skinny jeans.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    2 come to mind:

1) Commercials that repeat their phone number more than 3 times. (Or how about the one where the guy tries to act all casual and is like "Let me see if I can find the number, ah yes here it is...the number is...")

2) HORRIBLE 2nd rate hack advertisements. I want to hit the guy in the face who came up with the "Plump your lips!" (as he misspells it "Limps") that I see every time I sign onto comcast to check my mail. KNOCK IT OFF, I DON'T CARE WHAT THE "#1 PLUMPING SECRET" IS!!!! This all started with those stupid insurance dancing cowboys ads, mixed in with the "Head On" ads that got a lot of attention. Then came the "surprised" black lady, and it just went downhill from there, which was not exactly starting at a high point. Also, ads placed based on statements in your profile bug me. How is that not invasion of privacy, Facebook?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    metsfan wrote:

Truthfully, the skinny jean trend isn't really "fitting" on all the guys that wear them. There is a difference between slim-fit jeans and nut-huggers. I agree with you on the pants half-way down the ass...but if you're supporting nut-hugging tight jeans (seldomly girl jeans) on boys/guys and saying that they fit, I'd have to disagree...Pants can be too baggy, OR too damn tight.

that aside, here are my peeves with the trends:

Myspace
    Facebook
    American Idol, Dancing W/ The Stars, and other tasteless TV shows
    Reality TV
    Being Vegetarian because it's the cool thing to do....
    Misunderstanding of Organic and Environmental attention (I am a tree-hugger myself, and my girlfriend and I eat organic...BUT it drives me up the wall when I see the green effort being sold through fashion and store slogans, advertisments, etc...it has no passion or true belief, IMO)
    Metallica (seriously...they aren't THAT great)
    lastly, the whole "Emo" scene
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    long red wrote:
    What are the newest, most annoying trends you Pitters can think of? I have to write an article on a trend and I'm grasping for ideas. I'm not talking Ugg Boots, that's old ... something more cutting edge. Feel free to think as outside the box as you like. thanks.
    Ok. So reading through three pages of complaints about things people wear/do/say I have a question. Are you writing this paper to simply point out things you don't like or are you trying to predict what is coming up?

It cracks me up to see everyone jumping on the same things. Seriously, life is just a cycle of what we're willing to accept seeing ourselves doing. Think back 50 years. In 1959, having shaggy hair got you beat up, called names and altogether harassed. Now all I'm seeing being written here is how skinny jeans annoy people or if you wear furry boots, you're a tool. To me, I could give a shit what's annoying, as long as it gets the largest commercial demographic buying it. Those goddamn kids. The people bitching about it are the ones that don't understand why the other half thinks it's cool. And so be it.

The truth is, by the time you write your paper, whatever you write about will not be the hippest/coolest trend. Shit moves too fast.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    The people bitching about it are the ones that don't understand why the other half thinks it's cool.

Nor do we care. Some trends just seem ridiculous. Are we not supposed to be bothered by them?
    BinFrog wrote:
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    The people bitching about it are the ones that don't understand why the other half thinks it's cool.

Nor do we care. Some trends just seem ridiculous. Are we not supposed to be bothered by them?
    Is it really something enough to be bothered by? I would understand if the latest thing was to interrupt someone's conversation by making a crow sound. But some jackass wearing his jeans too tight doesn't affect me and I could care less if they do. Just trying to put things in perspective here.

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,425
    [/quote]Truthfully, the skinny jean trend isn't really "fitting" on all the guys that wear them. There is a difference between slim-fit jeans and nut-huggers. I agree with you on the pants half-way down the ass...but if you're supporting nut-hugging tight jeans (seldomly girl jeans) on boys/guys and saying that they fit, I'd have to disagree...Pants can be too baggy, OR too damn tight.

Myspace
    Facebook
    Reality TV
    Misunderstanding of Organic and Environmental attention (I am a tree-hugger myself, and my girlfriend and I eat organic...BUT it drives me up the wall when I see the green effort being sold through fashion and store slogans, advertisments, etc...it has no passion or true belief, IMO)
    lastly, the whole "Emo" scene[/quote]

this is why life is great......all these that annoy YOU????

myspace....i dont even know what the fuck it is
    facebook....i have no clue about that one either
    american idol....i never watched it
    dancing with stars....i watched about 8 seconds of that one and turned it off
    vegetarians....i dont give a flying fuck about vegetarians
    eating organic.....fuck that too

in other words .....none of this shit annoys me....

because i just dont give a rats ass about any of it.....hehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

Is it really something enough to be bothered by? I would understand if the latest thing was to interrupt someone's conversation by making a crow sound. But some jackass wearing his jeans too tight doesn't affect me and I could care less if they do. Just trying to put things in perspective here.

Sometimes you can't help but be bothered by something. In my post I talked about annoying ads. They make my blood boil no matter how much I try to ignore them

I understand you are trying to put things into perspective. In the big picture, none of this stuff is important. That I understand. But pet peeves and annoyances still exist, no matter how hard you try to ignore them, and it just seems to me that posting what essentially is your own pet peeve, against pet peeve converations, in a thread about pet peeves is futile and self-defeating.

because i just dont give a rats ass about any of it.....hehehehehehehe
    Thank you. Well said.

• JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    edited March 2009
    cmon people, go out and take a walk! ;)

actually - the one thing i genuinely cant understand, especially after living in sussex for a brief time - skinny jeans: real men just wouldnt wear them.....the most stupid looking demasculating rubbish ive seen in years - but im not getting angry about it. i feel good about how i look in comparison. 8-)

all the other things i can see why people like though, so i couldnt care less about em.
    Post edited by JordyWordy on
  • crocs
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    metsfan wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Seattle Newspapers stopping print after 146 years
    i heard bout the PI going under, sorry for your loss. my local paper is hurting badly to

internet killing the newspaper industry and fucking young people for not reading the paper. thats what annoys me
    I don't think young people not reading the papers have that much to do with the failure, it's basically the Internet. The print industry should have seen it coming ever since Ebay started to become a huge trend back around the late 90's. Then Google came along, later craigslist, and so forth....basically these sites sucked all the advertisements away from the newspapers. That's where the papers make their money, from the ads.

:(
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Truthfully, the skinny jean trend isn't really "fitting" on all the guys that wear them. There is a difference between slim-fit jeans and nut-huggers. I agree with you on the pants half-way down the ass...but if you're supporting nut-hugging tight jeans (seldomly girl jeans) on boys/guys and saying that they fit, I'd have to disagree...Pants can be too baggy, OR too damn tight.

Myspace
    Facebook
    Reality TV
    lastly, the whole "Emo" scene[/quote]

this is why life is great......all these that annoy YOU????

myspace....i dont even know what the fuck it is
    facebook....i have no clue about that one either
    american idol....i never watched it
    dancing with stars....i watched about 8 seconds of that one and turned it off
    vegetarians....i dont give a flying fuck about vegetarians
    eating organic.....fuck that too

because i just dont give a rats ass about any of it.....hehehehehehehe[/quote]

This made me laugh. Thanks for reminding me that I don't need to say fuck multiple times to get my point across ;)

I'll be able to sleep peacefully tonight knowing that you don't give a rats ass about these things, but care enough to let everyone know that.

Your time must be not be too valuable, or you just have way too much of it. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Skinny jeans.
    Pretty much any fuzzy clothing.
    Crocs.

I know it's all been said before...but I'm too tired to think any harder.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Does the recent twitter craze count? Cause that kind of annoys me that all the news media have latched onto it. IMO it's just such a narcissistic and useless waste of time.
  • LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    My vote goes to :

EPIC FAIL
    and
    +1
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Lesbelges wrote:
    +1
    Yeah that bothers me too.
    I'll wait for an angel, but won't hold my breath
    Lesbelges wrote:
    +1

+1
  • pj622pj622 Posts: 110
    prfctlefts wrote:
    crocs
    +1!!
  • BinFrog wrote:
    Lesbelges wrote:
    +1

+1
    pa76jxdq336akudoexgsuwz.jpg
    I'll wait for an angel, but won't hold my breath
    Lesbelges wrote:

+1
    pa76jxdq336akudoexgsuwz.jpg
    HA HA!!!! That's fuggin great

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    Does the recent twitter craze count? Cause that kind of annoys me that all the news media have latched onto it. IMO it's just such a narcissistic and useless waste of time.

Fuck yes!! +1
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Rick-rolling. Seriously - what the fuck is up with that? Why would anyone find it amusing??
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    Thanks to a certain miss CIW I went into an American Apparel for the first time ever this week and....It looked like the eighties threw up in there!!

http://www.americanapparel.com/rsac307.html
    http://www.americanapparel.com/rsa0301lw.html
    http://www.americanapparel.com/rsald503.html
    http://www.americanapparel.com/rsand301mw.html (stone wash....are you shitting me??)

Please no....it's horrible...because the ACTUAL people who wear these clothes sure as hell wont be models!

THAT is the most annoying upcoming trend IMHO.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Thanks to a certain miss CIW I went into an American Apparel for the first time ever this week and....It looked like the eighties threw up in there!!

http://www.americanapparel.com/rsand301mw.html (stone wash....are you shitting me??)

Please no....it's horrible...because the ACTUAL people who wear these clothes sure as hell wont be models!

Silly girl.... We all know you bought the shiny gold unitard you saw! ;) :P
    *and I bought the purple stone washed shorts :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854

Silly girl.... We all know you bought the shiny gold unitard you saw! ;) :P
    *and I bought the purple stone washed shorts :D

I'll post pics later ;):lol:
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,