Who Loves Dr Pepper?

124»

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Somebody has been paying attention to the buzz (and probably sales figures) of Dublin Dr. Pepper....I found purchased a Pepsi "Throwback" in the local grocery store.....Pepsi made with real sugar, not corn syrup. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Somebody has been paying attention to the buzz (and probably sales figures) of Dublin Dr. Pepper....I found purchased a Pepsi "Throwback" in the local grocery store.....Pepsi made with real sugar, not corn syrup. :twisted:

hmm, how was it?
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    tybird wrote:

hmm, how was it?
    Smooth with a crisp taste....seems to hold the taste better as it warms up. I have since read that there is also a Mountain Dew throwback....it's a limited time release. :evil:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    tybird wrote:

hmm, how was it?
    Smooth with a crisp taste....seems to hold the taste better as it warms up. I have since read that there is also a Mountain Dew throwback....it's a limited time release. :evil:

you mean the warmer the actual pop...the better it tastes?

that seems a bit strange?
  • It's an addiction
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    ^Am a total Pepperholic too! After so many years consuming it daily, just like Brokeback Mountain, I just can't quit it. LOL.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
    Best. Drink. Ever.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    It's good
  • Dr. Pepper is the poor man's Cherry Coke
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Dr. Pepper is the best. Period.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Dr. Pepper is the poor man's Cherry Coke
    :lol:
    ELITIST FUK
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    SD48277 wrote:
    Dr. Pepper is the poor man's Cherry Coke
  • "Now the really good thing about meeting the president of the United States is the food. They put you in this little room
    with just about anything you'd want to eat or drink. But since, number one, I wasn't hungry but thirsty, and number two, they was free, I must have drank me about 15 Dr. Peppers." --Forrest Gump
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Bummed that there is no more "Dublin Dr. Pepper" :cry:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Better Dan wrote:
    You can still get DP made with sugar though. And funny thing, the "Dublin Dr Pepper" wasn't even bottled in Dublin anymore, it was just distributed by the Dublin plant in their custom bottles.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Better Dan wrote:
    You can still get DP made with sugar though. And funny thing, the "Dublin Dr Pepper" wasn't even bottled in Dublin anymore, it was just distributed by the Dublin plant in their custom bottles.

I didn't know that LOL. Where can I get DP with sugar?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Better Dan wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

I didn't know that LOL. Where can I get DP with sugar?
    This has a pretty good summary of what happened to Dublin DP. Previously bottled in Temple, still bottled in Temple in a slightly different bottle: http://soda-emporium.com/FRESH-6-Pk-8oz ... 56927.aspx
    If money is no object, looks like you can order it from them. $9.99 a six-pack and who knows how much for shipping. :shock:

I've bought it at Central Market many times. They have one in Big D now, don't they? I don't remember the price but believe me, it's less than $9.99. Aren't there some specialized soda shops in Dallas that carry unusual brands?

If you find it, might be good to stock up. I just like to get a six pack once in a while.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."