Who Loves Dr Pepper?

Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I sure do.

It's slowly becoming my favorite beverage...ever. I drink it like, religiously. And I'm not even religious! :D

I love it so, so much. It's the best.

Anyone else a Dr Pepper fan? And while we're on the subject, why not make it a pop/soda thread. Even if you don't like the amazing drink that is Dr Pepper, you probably like something else. So let's hear it. What are everyone's favorite soft drinks?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I have one bottle everyday and I save the caps so my friend can get a sandwich maker.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • jecica wrote:
    I have one bottle everyday and I save the caps so my friend can get a sandwich maker.

are you serious
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,382
    23 flavors of pure goodness rolled into a single beverage. As far as soda goes, it doesn't get much better.....
  • Travelar wrote:
    23 flavors of pure goodness rolled into a single beverage. As far as soda goes, it doesn't get much better.....

hell yes!

dr pepper fucking rules!
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Travelar wrote:
    Do you know what any of those flavors are? I like it and wonder what flavors are blended so well.
    Save room for dessert!
  • 1inhiding1inhiding Posts: 14
    It's Rad!
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    edited March 2009
    I had diet cherry dr pepper for the first time just yesterday and it completely kicked my ass.
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I've been hooked on DP since I was little. Lately I've switched to diet DP for my morning pick-me-up. Now I think I prefer the taste of the diet to the regular.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    My flatmates are crazy about it, sometimes they drink 3 of the large bottles a day, its buy 1 get one free over here atm
  • Can anyone find the Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper?

I live in Michigan and can't find it ANYWHERE. And I have looked all over. Do they not make it anymore or something?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    the Dr. Pepper museum is here in Waco! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    that shit's gross. :?
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,382
    Can anyone find the Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper?

I live in Michigan and can't find it ANYWHERE. And I have looked all over. Do they not make it anymore or something?

I've only seen it in Diet around here.... Maryland. I haven't looked lately, but I'll check the store this weekend. Maybe next time I drive up to Michigan I can make a delivery.
  • that shit's gross. :?

:o What are you on???
    mfc2006 wrote:
    the Dr. Pepper museum is here in Waco! 8-)

You lucky mofo! Have you ever been?
    Travelar wrote:

I've only seen it in Diet around here.... Maryland. I haven't looked lately, but I'll check the store this weekend. Maybe next time I drive up to Michigan I can make a delivery.

Hell ya!
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    that shit's gross. :?

just not a fan... i don't like soda much and if I was to have some I prefer root beer.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • that shit's gross. :?

just not a fan... i don't like soda much and if I was to have some I prefer root beer.

that's cool...you don't have to like it...but it's not gross!
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    You have NEVER had a REAL Dr. Pepper till you have had one of the ones they make and sell only here in Texas that come in little 4 oz. bottles, they are made with real cane sugar, NOT corn syrup, they freaking BLOW AWAY a regular Dr. Pepper, there is NO comparison!
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Cob wrote:
    You have NEVER had a REAL Dr. Pepper till you have had one of the ones they make and sell only here in Texas that come in little 4 oz. bottles, they are made with real cane sugar, NOT corn syrup, they freaking BLOW AWAY a regular Dr. Pepper, there is NO comparison!

Yeah, I know...I have heard about those. Want to try one so bad.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Cob wrote:
    Google Dublin, Texas Dr. Pepper....they have a nice website will ship it right to your door....you can order the regular 10 oz cans or glass bottles. The taste is fantastic.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Cob wrote:
    Google Dublin, Texas Dr. Pepper....they have a nice website will ship it right to your door....you can order the regular 10 oz cans or glass bottles. The taste is fantastic.

says there's a 2 case limit. is that per order or EVER?
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    says there's a 2 case limit. is that per order or EVER?
    It has to be per order. I'm sure they want repeat customers!

You can buy it in stores around here and you won't believe the difference. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Cob wrote:

yeah, my father-in-law loves that stuff. we always grab a bunch before we head down to Houston to visit.

and to answer the question from MusicForRhinos earlier....the museum is pretty cool. it takes about an hour to go through it (which is about a half hour too long!), but it's not too bad. we went there before we moved here & i think once was enough for both of us. they're renovating it & some of the "displays" are really out there.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    Cob wrote:

yeah, my father-in-law loves that stuff. we always grab a bunch before we head down to Houston to visit.

and to answer the question from MusicForRhinos earlier....the museum is pretty cool. it takes about an hour to go through it (which is about a half hour too long!), but it's not too bad. we went there before we moved here & i think once was enough for both of us. they're renovating it & some of the "displays" are really out there.

pretty cool. do they offer free tasting of the sugar cane dr pepper? and what about merchandise?
    they have all kinds of random crap in there w/ the DP logo. there's actually a "Dr. Pepper Hour" where my wife & I go to grad school (Baylor University). here's a link...
    http://www.baylor.edu/student_activitie ... p?id=38465

neither one of us has been to one. it's funny, though. even the local grocery stores/gas stations feature DP over coke & pepsi. which sucks if the only soda you drink isn't dr. pepper!

well, there you have it..Waco's claim to fame. so sad, but so true! 8-)

the museum link:
    http://www.drpeppermuseum.com/
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    jecica wrote:

are you serious

Yes and he got his sandwich maker. The promotion is over.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    i think Dr. Pepper tastes like carbonated cough medicine.
    Nice shirt.
  • i think Dr. Pepper tastes like carbonated cough medicine.

haha yeah i've heard people say this. i don't see it personally....cough syrup is a pretty particular medicine-y taste.

dr pepper actually tastes GOOD. what kind of cough syrup are you talking about here? i'm very familiar with the taste of dr pepper (obviously) and also with the taste of cough syrup, i've had it a lot in the past. and i truly don't see the comparison. but everybody's taste buds are different i guess. if they weren't, we would all like the same foods/drinks and that certainly isn't the case.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I love Dr.Pepper and not that fake diet stuff either. I have at least three cans a day...I have too...it's my coffee in the morning! :mrgreen:
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Just backing up everyone's opinion on Dublin Dr. Pepper. I once drove all the way there just to buy some and take the tour. Order it online from time to time. Beliveve me, there is no comparison to the stuff they sell now with corn syrup.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • I love Dr.Pepper and not that fake diet stuff either. I have at least three cans a day...I have too...it's my coffee in the morning! :mrgreen:

you're from texas so...do you drink the sugar cane version?
    Flagg wrote:
    Just backing up everyone's opinion on Dublin Dr. Pepper. I once drove all the way there just to buy some and take the tour. Order it online from time to time. Beliveve me, there is no comparison to the stuff they sell now with corn syrup.

if it's so great why don't they sell it in more places than just texas?