Options

McCartney & Friends Tickets on Sale Now!‏

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    F#CK! I was genuinely toying with the idea of trying for tickets, and then I realized that we splurged for Ray Lamontagne tickets for the SAME NIGHT. GRRRR!! I may try anyhow, and then sell the Ray tickets if we're lucky enough to nab a pair.
    What an amazing line up!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    must. get. tickets!!!
  • Options
    I went to the ticketmaster page and it said there is a presale on Sunday. Does anyone know how, or where to get the password?
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    I went to the ticketmaster page and it said there is a presale on Sunday. Does anyone know how, or where to get the password?

read the email that d pasted in the original post. you had to register for the code.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options

read the email that d pasted in the original post. you had to register for the code.

2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    petrocs wrote:
    Eliminate all the other acts but Eddie, Ben and Paul and I'd go...I cant see paying that kind of money unless I was guaranteed Eddie was playing at least an hour and a half
    just give me ed and ben and I'd love to be there!!
    If neil was there I'd have a shit fit to get tickets :P
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,087
    Looks like I won't be able to go! :( But I will be try to purchase a ticket this Sunday during the pre-sale; to hook up a fellow Vedder fan out that want's to go! :)
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    must. get. tickets!!!

Whoa! In your sig, WWPJD Fan Club #005 ! :shock:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    must. get. tickets!!!

Whoa! In your sig, WWPJD Fan Club #005 ! :shock:
    Yeah, that was back a few years ago when someone started a WWPJD thread. The numbers only went up to about 35 or so before the thread got buried. It doesn't really mean anything! :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Looks like I won't be able to go! :( But I will be try to purchase a ticket this Sunday during the pre-sale; to hook up a fellow Vedder fan out that want's to go! :)

Me! Me!! :D
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Me! Me!! :D

8-)
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    I am a huge Beatles Fan...
    BUT...
    Paul lost me with those Silly Love Songs (even though i loved his first solo album (the one with 'Maybe I'm Amazed' on it) and 'Band On the Run' and 'Venus and Mars'... then, there was that creepy Michael Jackson thing (and that horrid 'Ebony and Ivory')... with the final death blow coming when he was crying about how he wanted the old Beatles Song's credits to read 'McCartney/Lennon' on the songs he wrote, instead of leaving it the way it has always read, 'Lennon/McCartney'... having agreed upon that during the Beatles run.
    I just think he needs to take a little of his own advice and "let it be".
    Then, the after death, death blow... that 'Freedom' song. I'm pretty sure I think read somewhere that it is used as a recruitment tool for al Qaeda.
    Some constructive criticism, Sir Paul... just play the old Beatles Songs, some early solo and early Wings stuff and steer clear of anything you have written since 1975... including 'My Love' and 'Live and Let Die' and i'm guessing... with a high percentage of confidence... that the crowd will go crazy for you and it'll make the price of the concert well worth every penny lane.
    Peace... Love... Let It Be...
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Teach 1 million kids to Meditate? WTF

Is that like building a school for ants?
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Cosmo wrote:
    BUT...
    Paul lost me with those Silly Love Songs (even though i loved his first solo album (the one with 'Maybe I'm Amazed' on it) and 'Band On the Run' and 'Venus and Mars'... then, there was that creepy Michael Jackson thing (and that horrid 'Ebony and Ivory')... with the final death blow coming when he was crying about how he wanted the old Beatles Song's credits to read 'McCartney/Lennon' on the songs he wrote, instead of leaving it the way it has always read, 'Lennon/McCartney'... having agreed upon that during the Beatles run.
    Then, the after death, death blow... that 'Freedom' song. I'm pretty sure I think read somewhere that it is used as a recruitment tool for al Qaeda.
    Some constructive criticism, Sir Paul... just play the old Beatles Songs, some early solo and early Wings stuff and steer clear of anything you have written since 1975... including 'My Love' and 'Live and Let Die' and i'm guessing... with a high percentage of confidence... that the crowd will go crazy for you and it'll make the price of the concert well worth every penny lane.

Summed up nicely. A lot of his own countrymen hate Macca specifically for pretty much the reasons this guy talked about above. Oh and that bird he married, what was her name, Heather something. That said, it would be pretty cool to see Vedder do that little ditty called "Hide Your Love Away" with him.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    sounds like it'll be a phenomenal show... i hope all that go have a great time... ed, jim, and paul... wow!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    BUT...

Summed up nicely. A lot of his own countrymen hate Macca specifically for pretty much the reasons this guy talked about above. Oh and that bird he married, what was her name, Heather something. That said, it would be pretty cool to see Vedder do that little ditty called "Hide Your Love Away" with him.

Did you see that last year was the first time he ever played "A Day in the Life" off Sgt. Pepper? I think it was the first time the song had ever been played live... I saw a video of it, it was pretty cool...
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    i read the news today....oh boy....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i hope i get tickets, there's a special someone here i'd love to take. ;)

hmmm....maybe she doesn't wanna go with me anymore. :cry:;):D
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    surforia wrote:
    Did you see that last year was the first time he ever played "A Day in the Life" off Sgt. Pepper? I think it was the first time the song had ever been played live... I saw a video of it, it was pretty cool...
    See... a 'Day In The Life' was mostly written by John... Paul wrote the, 'Woke up, fell out of bed...' part.
    And since '(You've Got To) Hide You Love' was fully written by John... what if Sir Paul coerces Eddie into singing the Michael Jackson part of 'Say, Say, Say'? Even worse... making him sing Linda's (I like Linda, may she rest in peace, but her singing rivaled Yoko's.. except Linda sang in a human voice) 'Cook Of The House'?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    surforia wrote:
    See... a 'Day In The Life' was mostly written by John... Paul wrote the, 'Woke up, fell out of bed...' part.
    And since '(You've Got To) Hide You Love' was fully written by John... what if Sir Paul coerces Eddie into singing the Michael Jackson part of 'Say, Say, Say'? Even worse... making him sing Linda's (I like Linda, may she rest in peace, but her singing rivaled Yoko's.. except Linda sang in a human voice) 'Cook Of The House'?
    Regardless of who started the initial writing of the song, McCartney has full rights to sing any Lennon/McCartney copywritten song. Give him a break why don't cha? It is unfortunate that their wives had no singing ability whatsoever, though!
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Regardless of who started the initial writing of the song, McCartney has full rights to sing any Lennon/McCartney copywritten song. Give him a break why don't cha? It is unfortunate that their wives had no singing ability whatsoever, though!
    Trust me.. i'd love to. But, i'm one of those people who actually saw the Beatles perform on the Ed Sullivan Show that Sunday evening... and i love the Beatles... and i love(d) Paul... but, not in a 'I wanted to have sex with him' way.. because, come on... I was fricken' 10 years old.
    But... it's like the young, cool Elvis vs. the fat old druggie Elvis... you love the one... and despise the latter for consuming the former.
    Same goes for Rod Stewart. I was a HUGE fan of the Faces in High School... and loved the early Rod Stewart solo albums. But, the Disco Rod "Doncha' Think I'm Sexy For my Shirt" Stewart... killed the cool, Rod "I Used To Be In Faces with Ron Wood, Ronnie Lane, Ian McLagan and Kenny Jones" Stewart. Something I could never forgive. And Rod Stewart today? What the fuck IS THAT???
    So, goes Sir Paul. He was my hero when I was out there riding my Schwinn Sting-Ray around the neighborhood... and throughout my early years. Think of it like Darth Vader murdering Anakin Skywalker (except, Anakin was more like the young Obi Wan.. instead of some whiny bitch of a 20something year old teenager)... on your front lawn. I loved early Paul and Wings (despite Linda's off-key backing vocals because I liked Linda). And I STILL love that Paul... like the young Elvis, the Faces Rod Stewart and the not whiny bitch Anakin. What he did to the young Paul... was like kicking the young me in the nuts and stealing my Sting-Ray.
    NOTE: All you people out there... especially you musicians... follow the Neil Young Model. That guy has always been his own person. Ol' Neil has always followed that drum that no one else could ever hear... from when he was 25 in the song, 'Old Man'... to the same guy he is today. That's why he's Neil Young... and we are merely everybody else. Try following Neil.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Fuck
    I am pregnant and due 4/7.
    this should be interesting, assuming we can get tickets.....
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    i love that some of the tickets are a tax write off :lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I would love to get tickets for this show.. I am a huge Beatles fan. I was brought up on them and this would be as close I can get to a reunion. Eddie being there is just the icing on the cake and Ben would be the piping.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    General Admission Tickets for the concert, priced at $79.50, $99.50, $129.50, $229.50, $329.50 and $504.50 Which seats will they be?

23672s.gif
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    demetrios wrote:
    General Admission Tickets for the concert, priced at $79.50, $99.50, $129.50, $229.50, $329.50 and $504.50 Which seats will they be?
    Most likely the $79.50 is for 3rd Mezzanine. But that's good enough for me. $99.50 is probably 2nd Mezzanine. And so forth.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    anyone gotten the code for this yet? I got the previously posted email, but still no code...
  • Options
    Good luck everyone tomorrow with thy presale! :)
  • Options
    http://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/con ... kages.html

Due to extraordinary demand,
    ALL benefit tickets and packages are on a WAIT LIST
    basis as of Saturday, March 7. We thank you for
    your interest and hope to see you on April 4th.
  • Options
    nl177803nl177803 Posts: 204
    So NO pre-sale password??????