Options

The Tragically Hip official Thread 2009******

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    More great news from the Hip!

In 2024 we’re looking back on the decades that shaped our career as we celebrate 40 years of The Tragically Hip. We’ve heard your requests for more live video recordings, so from now on we’ll be releasing a new live video to YouTube every week. The shows will reflect the different eras of the band, from 1990 to 2016.  

Stay tuned every Thursday (unless we tell you otherwise) for a new upload, and make sure to tap the bell icon so you never miss a video. 

To kick off the May 24 weekend, we are starting off this series with “Bobcaygeon” - live from Woodstock ‘99. Watch the full video at https://youtu.be/IVwNdB-4G3k

Cheers!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,084
    hey @Kat or @Sea any chance of merging this thread with this one: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/99378/the-tragically-hip#latest
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    so, they announce the Up To Here box set now. Like I keep predicting, this band (or their management) just keeps screwing over their most loyal fans. A few months ago, they announce the pre-orders to their book, and the deluxe version comes signed by the 4 surviving members and "an exclusive 7" record of unreleased song Get Back Again". They made it sound like this would be the only place to get this song. 

Well, guess what? Get Back Again is going to be released in the box set and was released digitally today. They keep giving fans the impression that these things are going to be exclusive to whatever current release, and after they get enough sales, they add it to something else. It's really shady. Like Saskadelphia. And Live at the Roxy. Fooled me once. Shame on you. Fooled me twice. Won't get fooled again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    edited June 20
    I kind of wait now.   The Saskadelphia one bugged me, because if I'd knownit was going to be in the box, I wouldn't of bought the standalone one.      Then I bought the box, just to get the Roxy vinyl, and then it got released standalone a while later.  I'd got triple dipped.

I suppose they haven't repeated that since that set though.

I've developed a new system for Hip Boxsets.   Be patient and wait.    Generally I do this with a lot of boxsets.  They often come out later in the year.    By the time you get to Black Friday a year or so later, they're on discount.   It also gives time to see if they release any of the content separately.

The new set has a lot of things I'd like.  Live Vinyl, unreleased tracks and a bluray of a live performance.  I'll probably buy it at some point.

Still need to buy last years (Phantom Power).  Maybe there will be a good deal on one during Black Friday sales.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    same for me with Saskadelphia. Only bought the box for the Roxy. Had I known they'd release it separately later....grrrr. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com