work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Hmm tough choice, as I have 5 semi-equally good pics. Meh I'll skip Blood, cause I know many girls won't vote for that song. Speaking of girls I'll pick the song that was playing when I proposed to my gf.

Of the Girl...
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    ill take..
    smile :D
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    I think I'm next, so I'll take Love Boat Captain and 1/2 Full
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    Ok and we will now wait until the people who havent picked this round catch up.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    CC279494 I will shoot you a PM when you are up again, please let gvn2fly12 and SOLAT319 catch up and pick before we continue.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    Damn! Everything I wanted gets chosen :(
    Well then Tremor Christ is my third one.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    damn that was my sleeper pick for later!!! good pick SOLAT319.

I know what you mean, its the name of the game, I wanted Immortality in the first round, PT in the 2nd round and RVM in the 3rd round!!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Damn! Everything I wanted gets chosen :(
    Well then Tremor Christ is my third one.

And I was hoping to snag TC in round 4...it makes for an interesting game to have to change your mind though :D
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    So how does the elimination work? Are we ranked at the end? Maybe 1 pt if you get past round 1, 2 pts if you get past round 2 etc.?
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:
    So how does the elimination work? Are we ranked at the end? Maybe 1 pt if you get past round 1, 2 pts if you get past round 2 etc.?

Nah i will just randomize everyone again and then it will be single elimination match ups 1 vs 16/2 vs 15/3 vs 14 and so on and then the winners will face each other. Its similar to how the do the NHL and NBA playoff bracket or March Madness once they get to the Sweet 16.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Cool, I just thought there might be some sort of 'standings', so in the end you'd see where your picks rank up against the next guy. I mean a pick like 'Red Mosquito' won't get 1st overall, although if you had that song it might be nice if you got more points for each round it got through.

Meh, maybe that't too much work : ;
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:
    Cool, I just thought there might be some sort of 'standings', so in the end you'd see where your picks rank up against the next guy. I mean a pick like 'Red Mosquito' won't get 1st overall, although if you had that song it might be nice if you got more points for each round it got through.

Meh, maybe that't too much work : ;

yeah it kind of is, single elimination is the easiest. Plus it is the easiest to vote on, the harder you make the voting the fewer people are going to vote.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    I think it should be voted like who has the best set list for a short show. After you get all your songs, put them in the order of your setlist and then we all vote.
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    I think it should be voted like who has the best set list for a short show. After you get all your songs, put them in the order of your setlist and then we all vote.

Not a bad idea...
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    CC279494 I will shoot you a PM when you are up again, please let gvn2fly12 and SOLAT319 catch up and pick before we continue.
    im on pins and needles
  • Options
    Yeah, it's getting a little more competitive now :P
  • Options
    yeah it kind of is, single elimination is the easiest. Plus it is the easiest to vote on, the harder you make the voting the fewer people are going to vote.

Ahh you must not get what I mean. I'm saying sure do single elimination - that's the best part. And yes of course whoever is standing at the end wins. But I'm also saying it would be cool to give points for each round your song gets through. Just as a bragging tool for those who don't finish first.

I'm only suggesting this because I know my team will be better than BeerBaron's...
  • Options
    Honestly guys, for voting single elimination match ups works best and its the easiest to vote on, some people are already confused enough with the rules as it is, I don't want to make it anymore confusing then it has to be.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

Ahh you must not get what I mean. I'm saying sure do single elimination - that's the best part. And yes of course whoever is standing at the end wins. But I'm also saying it would be cool to give points for each round your song gets through. Just as a bragging tool for those who don't finish first.

I'm only suggesting this because I know my team will be better than BeerBaron's...

Oh yeah I understood, I was just pointing out that I think a point system would confuse the issue for some people, more then it needs to be.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

Just for that, I am going to match you up against him in Round 1 and I will make the other 14 random match ups :lol: :P
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    I'm still setting mine up as an 8 song setlist 8-)
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    I'm still setting mine up as an 8 song setlist 8-)

that is cool man!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

Just for that, I am going to match you up against him in Round 1 and I will make the other 14 random match ups :lol: :P

haha, that's fine. Actually I think he's got me beat right now, although I'll take my chances with our 2 round 2 picks. It may be a close one but after hearing In Hiding at the VIC (sadly enough I wasn't there, but heard the boot). I think it's a TC favorite.
  • Options
    Oh yes, everyone loves In Hiding!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    I have to go to work in a few hours, here is the order so you guys can continue if I am not here.

1. gvn2fly12

2. CC279494/Red Lukin2/ pdalowsky

3. SOLAT319/gvn2fly12/PJRock75

4.AtlantaJammer/Jeremy's Spoken/BeerBaron

5. walkunafraid/demetrios/olderman

6. EquallyWorthless/LongRd./SammyK14

Remember when one person from the group of 3 picks the next person is bumped up in line. For instance, if CC279494 comes on and picks SOLAT319 can be bumped up in the next group, man I hope that isnt to confusing, hopefully gvn2fly12 comes online and picks soon coz there is a few people in the next group I have picks for via PM.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    PJRock75 wrote:

I like this idea. No matter who wins this, the show will be great! 8-)
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

Ya I'm messing around. State was a great pic for the 2nd round, although I think PT was weak. But then again I think there were a lot of weak pics in the first round. I like PT, but I wouldn't put it as a top 5-10.
    Perhaps I misunderstood the rules of the game. I thought we were somehow going head to head with other people on the Pit voting. Present Tense is not one of my top 10 songs but I do love the song and many people around here love it more than I do. Hence the pick. If we were simply picking our favourite songs I would have picked differently.

I am just picking songs I love from now on ... seems like we aren't even sure what the rules are going to be for this head-to-head competition.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

Ya I'm messing around. State was a great pic for the 2nd round, although I think PT was weak. But then again I think there were a lot of weak pics in the first round. I like PT, but I wouldn't put it as a top 5-10.
    Perhaps I misunderstood the rules of the game. I thought we were somehow going head to head with other people on the Pit voting. Present Tense is not one of my top 10 songs but I do love the song and many people around here love it more than I do. Hence the pick. If we were simply picking our favourite songs I would have picked differently.

I am just picking songs I love from now on ... seems like we aren't even sure what the rules are going to be for this head-to-head competition.

well i'm pretty sure its being voted on by the pit...it was tough for me because i had to choose between personal biases vs what i thought the pit would like. for example red mosquito is one of my faves so i picked it cuz it wouldn't have still been there the next time around most likely
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark