PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    FoxyMop wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:
    Here (click to enlarge):
    33197757.FestivalCarcassonne.jpg thumb_bloglacite.jpg%20033.jpg

which is in this:
    carcassonne.jpg
    (Carcassonne, southern France)

PJ at a castle!?? I would be so there parked in the line w/you Sandra!! :)
    very good cheap local wine and excellent food and weather in the bargain .. plus can side trip to my place on the Meds 50miles away :mrgreen:
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,322
    I'd love to see them at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff - one of the greatest stadiums in the world and it's been yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars since they came to Wales last!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    I'd love to see them at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff - one of the greatest stadiums in the world and it's been yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars since they came to Wales last!
    Supposed to be nice, I'm going there for the first time at Easter acutally..for a Rugby game though..
    Stadium concerts suck, no matter how nice the stadium.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,322
    Pegasus wrote:
    goldrush wrote:
    Supposed to be nice, I'm going there for the first time at Easter acutally..for a Rugby game though..

Normally I'd agree with the stadium thing but it's actually got really good sound for a stadium. They usually close the roof for gigs so the sound doesn't drift off into the night. I saw REM there a few years ago and it was an amazing gig
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:
    goldrush wrote:

Normally I'd agree with the stadium thing but it's actually got really good sound for a stadium. They usually close the roof for gigs so the sound doesn't drift off into the night. I saw REM there a few years ago and it was an amazing gig
    It's not just the sound, it's the Hubble telescope you need in those places.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    They need to come back to SPAC in Saratoga NY
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    st. augustine amphitheatre, st. augustine, fl
    jannus landing, st. petersburg, fl
    the social, orlando, fl
    ruth eckerd hall, clearwater, fl

i'm sure there are a few others, but i cannot think of them right now
    Live Free or Die!
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Mohegan Sun Arena because it is a relatively small arena and of course Fenway Park
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    At the foot of the Great Pyramids.Whatever it would take I'd be there.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    Temple Theater
    Pantages Theater
    Rialto Theater
    Tacoma Dome
    Jazz Bones
    :twisted:
  • Options
    Sprint center.Kansas city.Missouri
  • Options
    3 nites at the midland.Kansas City
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    anywhere in Scotland.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    I am 100% against the idea of Pearl Jam playing baseball stadiums.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    CJMST3K wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    when they added the upper level it took away from the charm of it. Seats up there suck and the sound system sucks at jba and I heard there's no tailgating

I worked there the last year before the renovation... think it was summer of 97. They can fit a ton more now, I think it only held like 9,000 before the renovation, so that means bigger acts can play. The sound is typically the tour's sound... but you can blame the venue for the general acoustics. Since it's a state park, no alcohol... unless things changed in the years since I moved.

I am from wantagh and have seen many concerts at jones beach. tailgating is allowed just as long as you have your beverage in a red cup they dont give people any problems, after all jimmy buffett plays there every year and its the drunkest parking lot ever. the sound i think is decent the one problem is wind, the sound is bad on windy days which is possible being so close to the water. anyway i would LOVE to see pearl jam at jones beach.

and please no baseball stadiums, baseball stadiums hold a lot of people but seating provides such bad views at the stage, i just dont get concerts at baseball stadiums.

btw - if you've got a kayak or canoe, you can basically break into backstage at Jones Beach using it. if you're from the area, you've probably noticed the water leads right to the stage (and continues under the floor!). So... yeah, it's pretty much just that easy. Just rowing up to the back dock. I think Prince is the only one who ever used the dock for their arrival, at least when I was there. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    ManUnitedManUnited Jersey Shore Posts: 160
    battan1120 wrote:
    At the foot of the Great Pyramids.Whatever it would take I'd be there.

That would be a great show!

BTW - the Grateful Dead did that years ago. Any deadheads here make that show?
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • Options
    The Ricoh arena in Coventry, UK.

It's right in the middle of the country, it's easy to get to, there's loads of us Midlands tenclubbers round these parts and it's a great arena! 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    A multiple night stand at the Fillmore ala Smashing Pumpkins or Metallica would be nice...
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007 Dusseldorf, Germany - Copenhagen, Denmark - Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Rotterdam, Netherlands
    2010 Nijmegen, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
    2011 East Troy 1 & 2, Wisconsin
    2012 Amsterdam 2, Netherlands
    2014 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
  • Options
    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre or Gwinnett Arena (both just outside of Atlanta)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,074
    *cough* Halifax Metro Centre *cough cough*

:ugeek:
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    i agree any castle would be great. the pyramids were great on dvd when the dead were there but i stilll wanna see them at wrigley field because i am a cubs fan and from the midwest
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Dude i think we have reached a level where pearl jam could play more intimate settings , for at least a few shows ?? I mean it makes me want to pee just thinking about seeing pearl jam at somewhere like .. the frickin starland in NJ . i saw chris cornell there and holy shiz! Jeresey kids rock out and it was super intimate..

oh and if that's not possible then u know what mandizzle wants, she wants the SPECTRUM to be played.. would love to travel out west too for a couple of dates, yay! Time for album propaganda.. i'm getting antsy for live and new tunes...if anyone cares :mrgreen:

EDIT:
    omg pearl jam at a castle? Do castles have decent sound?
  • Options
    EDIT:
    they run a festival season every July there, with theatre, opera and pop/rock concerts.
    I've only ever been once, to see some dance show, so I can't really comment personally on the acoustic but it's supposed to be good.
    they didn't use to have interesting acts when I lived there 20+ years ago. they do now have international names playing during the festival ..

Ok, in effect it's the size of a club (3000+), smallish one at that (Brixton Academy is 5000 for example)
    But it's a really cool venue :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    EDIT:

quite a few acts have played Stirling and Edinburgh Castle if memory serves...

i quite like what Paul Weller is doing this summer.. he's playing 5 or so shows actually in a forest.... now that's 'special'... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    WORCESTER, MA!!!!

Come on - 15 colleges in the citr, so you know there will be liberal activism. Hell, it's even the birthplace of Abbie Hoffman! Also, it's the 2nd largest city in NE.
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,108
    Bethel Woods..being its the 30th anniv. of Woodstock after all...
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Diamond head crater... Oahu :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'm game for Fenway ... always have been.

But, the #1 place I'd love to see them is the Fillmore here in San Francisco, so much history ... such a great venue for a show.

ok, step one to my above plan is complete, PJ is going to be back in SF.

now that outside lands is happening ... can we get a 10c only show at the fillmore? please? pretty please?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    A return to Morrison, Co would be special indeed!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08