Future venues to play

Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Posts: 1,034
edited April 2009 in The Porch
So I am really hoping pj goes on a great tour in 2009. My question is in the future what venue would you like to see pj play that they either have never played or it has been over 10 years. My vote is for Wrigley Field
This is Not For You
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• In sticking with the ballpark theme...How about Fenway Park?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    In sticking with the ballpark theme...How about Fenway Park?

Right with you on that one fellow Masshole :D
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Grand Ole Opry House....hey STP played it last fall and it slayed, why the hell not. :D
    Bonnaroo '08
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,937
    Halifax Commons, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada!

:)
  • In sticking with the ballpark theme...How about Fenway Park?

Fenway would be great! :D
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Fenway... please. :)

(See! I said please!)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    Since they haven't played in my town/backyard/house for over 10 years... I think that's where my vote goes. :D:D:D

Seriously...

if its from now til end of August -> somewhere around NJ/NY
    August til June -> Somewhere in NJ/Philly.

*crosses fingers*
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I'm game for Fenway ... always have been.

But, the #1 place I'd love to see them is the Fillmore here in San Francisco, so much history ... such a great venue for a show.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 869
    My vote also goes to Fenway......right after my backyard 8-)
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Memorial Arena in Victoria, BC -- because Harpo's is gone now....

It's been said before, but it can't be said enough....Victoria BC is where for the first time Pearl Jam played under that name outside of Seattle (apparently)... Ed got mad and threw a shoe...no, sorry, it was an ashtray (although legend says it was the base of his mic stand)...during their set opening for the mighty Alice in Chains.... that night changed Ed...
    be philanthropic
  • if they returned to mesa Del Sol in Albuquerque New Mexico (2000), I'd be tempted to fly across the country to see them again
  • An acoustic show at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN, would be fantastic. It would be a great place to cover "25 Minutes to Go" as well.
  • THE RYMAN!!! so intimate....in the heart of Music City....

I am a little biased due to proximity, but it is a great venue!
  • Yankee stadium !
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • bostonlou's backyard
  • Gulfcoast Coliseum, Biloxi, MS....that's it unless they play Fenway and release a dvd of it
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Wolf Trap
    Vienna, VA
    Champagne breakfast for everyone!
  • greenmanny wrote:
    An acoustic show at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN, would be fantastic. It would be a great place to cover "25 Minutes to Go" as well.

I've been clamoring for the Ryman for the past 3 years...ever since I saw my first show there. Would be a hard show to get tickets to, but a great venue to see them in.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • greenmanny wrote:
    An acoustic show at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN, would be fantastic. It would be a great place to cover "25 Minutes to Go" as well.

I've been clamoring for the Ryman for the past 3 years...ever since I saw my first show there. Would be a hard show to get tickets to, but a great venue to see them in.

PBM
    Good call on that one
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 869
    ManUnited wrote:
    Yankee stadium !

The new one?? As Yankee fan myself I gotta disagree....now the old one would have been great!
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • greenmanny wrote:

PBM
    Good call on that one

I'd spend a small fortune to get tickets if they ever played the Ryman.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    brixton academy ,shepperds bush ,appollo hammersmith yes please!
    danny d
  • greenmanny wrote:

I'd spend a small fortune to get tickets if they ever played the Ryman.

I'm done spending a small fortune to see them play, but I would be disappointed if I didn't get to see them there. I was equally disappointed when I didn't get to see DBT and Hold Steady there on Halloween.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Um... Busch Stadium for the Saint Louis Show... Duh.
  • Um... Busch Stadium for the Saint Louis Show... Duh.

The Fox Theater was extremely nice.

PBM

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    greenmanny wrote:
    yes1
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    danny wrote:
    and Ed at Union Chapel :D
  • East Troy, Wisconsin. :)
  • I'm gonna be really surprised if they don't play Fenway. Seeing in how they're Epstein's favorite band!
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    Pegasus wrote:
    danny wrote:
    and Ed at Union Chapel :D

I'd second that :) ........how about the Roundhouse in Camden......ANYWHERE IN THE UK is fine with me, Ed or PJ but preferably both - I'm not fussy
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22