Options

Press release on the re-release of riot act!!!

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    Kat wrote:
    "sucks" is rude.

It's strange to read these threads because I see Pearl Jam's music as a whole body of work. Maybe it's because of the live shows and how they mix it up from all the albums but I just don't compartmentalize it by album.

And I'm sooo glad I do it my way. :D

xo
    why is this thread even still around, Kat?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,123
    Kat wrote:

copy kat! i've been doing that for year's now! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    LukinFan wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    "sucks" is rude.

It's strange to read these threads because I see Pearl Jam's music as a whole body of work. Maybe it's because of the live shows and how they mix it up from all the albums but I just don't compartmentalize it by album.

xo

Because it's funny and not everyone likes every album. It's better than reading threads about Ed's white pants or Ed's hairstyles.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    Solat13 wrote:

Because it's funny and not everyone likes every album. It's better than reading threads about Ed's white pants or Ed's hairstyles.
    I was THRILLED to see Fanch on this board last night....

I really miss the guy .............It gets kind of silly here when you go to the first page of the porch and its all...

posters
    tickets
    pre-parties
    posters
    tickets
    pre-parties
    posters
    tickets
    pre-parties......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    They shoid put ten on a blank cd because that album blows. Look at MSG 1 and two. Only Big songs cropduster and half full. Virgina beach I am mine. GFet with the program, who wants to hear evenflow and why go? Cant keep is a better opening song than release. Cant keep is the real deal!!!!!!!! Also, Dont forget all or none. Much better song than release.
  • Options
    lame...
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    Has anyone else skipped over this thread every day since the day it was written? I just broke down and read it! I saw 4 pages and thought "what could be that interesting?"

Yep, just read it today for the first time.

Great thread though...
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    sgossard3 wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:
    What kind of poster? Please specify.

Obviously one with nothing on it...I would pay $500 for it.

PBM
    sounds like your usual klausen... $500 for nothing (special) :lol:

nice thread fanch... should be interesting to see the actual reissue if they ever do it... i kindof doubt they will

Sure they will. They can take off all the crappy songs, leave the good ones on, and add back all the outtakes and we'd wind up with what? 5 songs?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    You suck, Fanch

:D:D:D:D
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Kat wrote:
    "sucks" is rude.

xo

proof kat doesn't like riot act !

:)
  • Options
    oh geezzzzzzzzzzzz.....who dug this once steamy pile that is now just a petrified nugget, up from the litter box where it should of stayed?
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    "sucks" is rude.

xo

proof kat doesn't like riot act !

:)

actually the "I'm sooo glad I do it my way" seems to suggest the opposite...besides...Kat is much too intelligent to not like Riot Act. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

jab,jab,hook :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    That is greatif riot acts has five good songs. Ten only has one and that is deep. Therefore, act wins by default.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    LukinFan wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    "sucks" is rude.

xo

Becos this place exists to discuss their music, even if you don't like what's being said. Even if sometimes it means criticism of weak material. Not every thread has to be about ass-kissing.

Speaking of, you got some brown on your nose there. ;)
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    LukinFan wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    "sucks" is rude.

xo

Becos this place exists to discuss their music, even if you don't like what's being said. Even if sometimes it means criticism of weak material. Not every thread has to be about ass-kissing.

Speaking of, you got some brown on your nose there. ;)

His nose is just fine...it's ok if he talks to me.

And there's a wrong way to be critical if you choose to be critical. There's a right way to say you don't care for something that wouldn't be rude. You know what they say, people that can't do, criticize.

And I love all of their albums...it's their art and they put themselves into them. Good, generous and kind people, wonderful artists and great musicians and they know how to have fun...what's not to like. :)

So is my nose brown now too? :P :P haha. In all these years on this long road, I've never found a band I wanted to listen to more than this one...and I don't see that changing...and I'm not embarrassed at all to say it.

xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Kat wrote:

And there's a wrong way to be critical if you choose to be critical. There's a right way to say you don't care for something that wouldn't be rude. You know what they say, people that can't do, criticize.

And I love all of their albums...it's their art and they put themselves into them. Good, generous and kind people, wonderful artists and great musicians and they know how to have fun...what's not to like. :)

So is my nose brown now too? :P :P haha. In all these years on this long road, I've never found a band I wanted to listen to more than this one...and I don't see that changing...and I'm not embarrassed at all to say it.

xo

Great post Kat!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,607
    Kat wrote:

xo

favorite PJ show? and don't say you don't have one,...

8-)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

xo
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    bustoutbustout Posts: 122
    Help, Help Live is awesome
    How Many Friends Have I Really Got?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Kat wrote:

xo

8-)

April 9, 2003, Birmingham, AL; Birmingham Jefferson Complex

Favorite Song: One Note
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Kat wrote:

xo

It's cool that you left this thread on here. Cheers.

As to the whiners....life has real problems other than someone making fun of a Cd that you like.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    [/quote]

Speaking of, you got some brown on your nose there. ;)[/quote]

xo
    [/quote]

I agree KAT, it's been a hell of a ride and i am thankful they are still a band creating music that makes me feel something. I know that the guys put there best into everything they do and i have an incredible amount of respect for them know matter what.
    There is no other band that gives me that feeling and there never will be again.
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Kat wrote:

Undoubtedly. But I think (and the fact that it's still here indicates that you would agree) that a facetious and light-hearted satire like the original post here is well on the ok side of that line. I think it's absurd that people feel like the post should be removed. The band can take it, and as far as criticism goes, this beats most.
    Kat wrote:

I wasn't joking about him as brown-nosing the band, I was joking about him brown-nosing the mods ;)
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    haha thats a good one.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    just a funny fucking thread!!!!!!

I love it!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Kat wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Kat wrote:

xo

8-)

Gorge 2005

Spine-tingling.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Kat wrote:

Yes. Come on...even Jesus doesn't like Cropduster. :):D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Funny, I found Riot Act in the bargain bucket in some Christchurch (NZ) record shop for about NZ$7, about £3 at the time, this was literally four months after it's release. I couldn't believe my luck. I listened to it, definately their weakest effort but in HMV the other day it was about £17 on import which made me chuckle!

I also didn't have the chance to listen to it for two and a half months when I got home from my travels, it wasn't excatly worth the wait!
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,123
    LukinFan wrote:
    Kat wrote:

September 22nd, 2005, Halifax Metro Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Favorite Song: Down

8-)

I knew it! bow.gif
This discussion has been closed.