Options

Press release on the re-release of riot act!!!

Comments

• Options
    Stu42Stu42 Posts: 178
    get right is one of the best garage rockers they've done! a little straight-fowardness is great now and again. Plus in my humble opinon, the second half of riot act is an absolute stone cold classic. You Are and forwards is awesome. Either way, good thread.
  • Options
    hahaha, pretty funny, if they really do re-release the album, I'll definitely buy it, hell, I would buy the blank disk. Regardless, amusing article.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Awesome post! It's good to see your funny posts making a come back :)

However, Riot Act does contain one masterpiece (All or None), which is undeniable.

Agreed. As a certified Riot Act disliker (won't use hater), All or None is a great song. Blown away by it opening the Vic show. Should be used more as an opener in the future.
    AoN at the Vic was the single greatest moment of any PJ show I've ever attended. It was unexpected and it was breathtaking.

I agree that Riot Act is their weakest album, and Riot Act is probably the only great song on it. But there are a lot of other very good songs on it too.

wish i was there..
    cant keep for an opener in columbus was pretty epic..
    i think lbc and i am mine are great songs..u guys are tough critics :D
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'm gonna spring for the super-deluxe yet. We'll see...will Stone also manage my investments?
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    riot act would stomp a mud hole in your ass if he heard you saying this shit about him!!

chumps often misunderstand him...much like his brother Binaural.

Didn't take long... here they come!

Spot on fanch :)
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    metsfan wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    lame
    ever hear of a thing called a joke. i'd rather have threads like this then people bitching bout things or pics where ed looks hot or whats your dream setlist or whose the best drummer pj has had

The joke is some people think it's a joke. It's not.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    metsfan wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    lame
    ever hear of a thing called a joke. i'd rather have threads like this then people bitching bout things or pics where ed looks hot or whats your dream setlist or whose the best drummer pj has had

The joke is some people think it's a joke. It's not.
    The real joke is for those who've been around here for years understanding fanch's relationship with Riot Act.

I love Riot Act, but funny as hell thread!
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    lame
    I like the pics where Eddie looks hot and I really love Riot act

It was very funny about the blank cd though :lol:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Save You is tolerable, and maybe Can't Keep. That's about all I can really take/remember from RA.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I like I Am Mine, Green Disease is cool live. Save You is tolerable, but it would have been better if he sang it like he did on Brain of J (instead of sounding like he just woke up). Thumbing My Way is like the most boring song ever written, yet people get all Jamily over it.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    arq wrote:
    This have to be a bad joke, I love riot act, plus ghost is one of my favorites songs!

C'mon! LBC, cropduster, I am mine, thumbing, all or none... Almost every song is fantastic! What about the b-sides great in their own merit!

I hope this is a joke :evil:

those are the only good songs from the EP
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Bump. I hear it's coming soon!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    For anyone who actually wasted 3 minutes of their life to listen to Get Right and its horrid chorus - we are so sorry. We owe you something."

There's no way to improve songs like Get Right or Ghost. The album has Help, Help on it, for crying out loud. How in the hell do you fix that? Those songs make Sweet Lew sound like Stairway to Heaven, and we're just now realizing it. Umm.

Says the guy with a KISS avatar. :roll: You wanna talk about bad music?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Gave me a good chuckle. Album has some good songs on it, but as a whole I believe it is the weakest album. Good to see some humor on this site with all of the serious posts out there...
    Don't need a helmet...I've got a hard, hard head...

6.21.98 UT, 7.11.98 NV, 9.8.98 NJ, 8.23.00 NY, 8.24.00 NY, 8.25.00 NY, 10.21.00 AZ, 11.3.00 ID,
    12.8.02 WA, 4.1.03 CO, 10.22.03 Benaroya Hall,
    9.1.05 The Gorge, 9.2.05 Vancouver
    7.3.06 Denver, 7.06.06 Las Vegas, 6.30.08 Boston, 9.28.09 SLC, 10.09.09 San Diego
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    fanch75 wrote:
    Please sticky this! Everyone will want to know! :!: :!:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Pearl Jam to re-release the "riot act" album in 2009

Seattle, WA - February 3, 2009 - In celebration of the 11th anniversary of the release of what most sane people consider to be Pearl Jam's best album, YIELD, the band wishes to rectify it's lone horrid blemish in what has been an otherwise stellar discography.

In 2009, Pearl Jam will re-release the much-maligned album riot act in a "far superior form," say sources close to the band. Guitarist Stone Gossard said, "Although the band liked the album at the time, we realize now that it just flat out sucks. For anyone who actually wasted 3 minutes of their life to listen to Get Right and its horrid chorus - we are so sorry. We owe you something."

But, how will they improve the album if it's so horrible? Lead vocalist Ed Vedder explained, "Ummmm, well, there's a saying that I'm fond of - 'You can't shine shit - you just have to clean it up.' Um, that applies here. There's no way to improve songs like Get Right or Ghost. The album has Help, Help on it, for crying out loud. How in the hell do you fix that? Those songs make Sweet Lew sound like Stairway to Heaven, and we're just now realizing it. Umm."

Vedder continued, "Therefore, we are re-releasing the album as a blank CD with no music on it at all. People can put on the re-release of the 7th album, and just enjoy the silence and the artwork (which is still pretty cool). For the first 50 copies purchased, Stone will do your taxes. It was his fault anyway."

Ten Club
    Seattle, WA
    http://www.pearljam.com

wow, you're clever
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    If Save You, 1/2 Full, Arc and All or None were gone from the PJ catalog I'd be very bummed.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Riot Act is not that bad, and Ghost can kick your ass across the room! Ghost is a fucking awesome rocker. There's a few weak-ish tracks, and as an entire album it might not be that great, but there are some wicked/classic songs on there (Save You, Love Boat Capt--horrible title, yes; song, pretty good, Ghost, Thumbing My Way, MOTHERFUCKING GREEN DISEASE!!).

And Can't Keep would have been great if it were just ukulele like on Benny Hall.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    LukinFan wrote:
    lame

+1
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    fanch75 wrote:
    What kind of poster? Please specify.

Obviously one with nothing on it...I would pay $500 for it.

PBM
    sounds like your usual klausen... $500 for nothing (special) :lol:

nice thread fanch... should be interesting to see the actual reissue if they ever do it... i kindof doubt they will
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    fanch75 wrote:
    I like I Am Mine, Green Disease is cool live. Save You is tolerable, but it would have been better if he sang it like he did on Brain of J (instead of sounding like he just woke up). Thumbing My Way is like the most boring song ever written, yet people get all Jamily over it.
    HAhaha, funny ass thread dude. Not sure how I missed this one back in February.

Love your use of the word Jamily. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    LOL!!
    this thread is awesome, haha gimme that blank cd! :lol::lol::lol:
    but TBH I digg Riot Act :oops:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    jokes aside...i would probably put Yield at the bottom of my list.
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    moses-i wrote:

?????????????
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    fanch75 wrote:
    Please sticky this! Everyone will want to know! :!: :!:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Pearl Jam to re-release the "riot act" album in 2009

Seattle, WA - February 3, 2009 - In celebration of the 11th anniversary of the release of what most sane people consider to be Pearl Jam's best album, YIELD, the band wishes to rectify it's lone horrid blemish in what has been an otherwise stellar discography.

In 2009, Pearl Jam will re-release the much-maligned album riot act in a "far superior form," say sources close to the band. Guitarist Stone Gossard said, "Although the band liked the album at the time, we realize now that it just flat out sucks. For anyone who actually wasted 3 minutes of their life to listen to Get Right and its horrid chorus - we are so sorry. We owe you something."

But, how will they improve the album if it's so horrible? Lead vocalist Ed Vedder explained, "Ummmm, well, there's a saying that I'm fond of - 'You can't shine shit - you just have to clean it up.' Um, that applies here. There's no way to improve songs like Get Right or Ghost. The album has Help, Help on it, for crying out loud. How in the hell do you fix that? Those songs make Sweet Lew sound like Stairway to Heaven, and we're just now realizing it. Umm."

Vedder continued, "Therefore, we are re-releasing the album as a blank CD with no music on it at all. People can put on the re-release of the 7th album, and just enjoy the silence and the artwork (which is still pretty cool). For the first 50 copies purchased, Stone will do your taxes. It was his fault anyway."

Ten Club
    Seattle, WA
    http://www.pearljam.com

Someone has too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    moses-i wrote:
    Wow really? I would have a hard time picking a "bottom" studio album (ok, avo) but I still like Yield. The record does lose it's way from tracks 8-11, but then Push Me, Pull Me and All Those Yesterdays (and Endless, Hummus) redeem it.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    Ummh...Actually "Get Right" rocks. Just listen to those guitars and forget the lyrics. One of the best songs on that album along with "I Am Mine". Other than that, the album lacks something.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    blindmuleblindmule Albany, NY Posts: 138
    OUCH!

I actually really enjoy Riot Act, certainly not their best work, but solid all around. I like it alot more than Self-Titles. As for Binaural, that is still one of my favorite PJ albums, I LOVE it!

I think I am one of the few that thinks Yield is a bit overrated... Yield & Self-Titled are the 2 albums that get very little play from me.

All decent albums though!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    moses-i wrote:
    Wow really? I would have a hard time picking a "bottom" studio album (ok, avo) but I still like Yield. The record does lose it's way from tracks 8-11, but then Push Me, Pull Me and All Those Yesterdays (and Endless, Hummus) redeem it.

:shock:
    take it back!
    i love those tracks
    :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    "sucks" is rude.

It's strange to read these threads because I see Pearl Jam's music as a whole body of work. Maybe it's because of the live shows and how they mix it up from all the albums but I just don't compartmentalize it by album.

And I'm sooo glad I do it my way. :D

xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.