Options

What DID NOT make your day (part deux)???

Comments

• Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    being so wrapped up in my thoughts that I ran a red light... almost getting hit by a car that had the right of way.
    I am so stupid, it makes me so mad at myself. I was shaken up the rest of the way home.

I did that once, thankfully no one was around. I remember coming up to the light, then zoning out, and the next thing I knew I was all the way through the red light.

Freaked the crap out of me for sure!
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    being so wrapped up in my thoughts that I ran a red light... almost getting hit by a car that had the right of way.
    I am so stupid, it makes me so mad at myself. I was shaken up the rest of the way home.

I did that once, thankfully no one was around. I remember coming up to the light, then zoning out, and the next thing I knew I was all the way through the red light.

Freaked the crap out of me for sure!
    it was a turn... I went when the straight light went green... I'm an idiot.
    I had to slam on my breaks, if not I woulda either hit the other guy or him hit me. Either way it woulda been bad. I'm so mad at myself for it. Usually I'm a very good driver, but this was late and i was thinking too much.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,940
    Glad your okay. This is for later k . . . WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!! :lol: :P
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Glad your okay. This is for later k . . . WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!! :lol: :P
    thanks.... will do!
  • Options
    constantly dreaming of things I no longer hope for.

then soon to be ex wanting to file for bankruptcy.

him asking me to ask my parents for money, after all they've done for him and I. :roll:

it costing $3000 plus to get my name take off the mortgage.

no groceries.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    My neck still fucking hurts :evil:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Told my friend I would help one of her professors do a transcribing job a few days ago but decided to back out because my job prospects are kinda looking up. So I called her today to ask if it was ok if I backed out. And she seemed really pissed off at me. It's really bothering me but oh well.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    constantly dreaming of things I no longer hope for.

then soon to be ex wanting to file for bankruptcy.

him asking me to ask my parents for money, after all they've done for him and I. :roll:

it costing $3000 plus to get my name take off the mortgage.

no groceries.

Thats not cool at all! sorry to hear about all that!
  • Options
    Taking the hubby out to dinner at a really nice (read: expensive) restaurant and having a bunch of loud, drunk idiots to our right, and a bored, screaming five year old behind us :x :x :x To top it off, my steak was over-cooked :(
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283
    going for a job info day, for a job i thought i'd really enjoy, and coming away from it with a weird vibe.
    I know it offers great professional development opportunities. . It doesn't pay particularly well and it involves shift work. But that's ok, i dont know. I kind of felt like i was cheating on my other job (even though i'm only part time), and if i took this job, then it would become my main job, whilst the job i currently love would become like a second job (due to the hours worked at each).

so torn between money and living and gut feelings. I know gut feelings should be right.. but it's never easy.
    I have no signature
  • Options
    jeez.. good luck with it Kyra, keep us posted

day was shit - shit from crack o sparrows to now

roll on weekend
    wah
  • Options
    My husband being off on a pity fest in the arms of his family and me feeling like I've been left holding the bag. :x
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    6th swallow test today and it was a fail. Just not enough improvement to go onto regular foods yet. I'm talking about my dad here btw.
  • Options
    Having someone define family as something different from what is shared in a household
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    Losing my W2....I just got it this week. And I'm usually good with these type things

Had to reschedule my appointment with my accountant.....oh well
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,120
    Finding out that a pay cut is even more than anticipated. The economy is being blamed, but I and everyone else impacted is pissed big time given this company's recent history of incompetence and the timing of this.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Finding out that a pay cut is even more than anticipated. The economy is being blamed, but I and everyone else impacted is pissed big time given this company's recent history of incompetence and the timing of this.
    Damn Xman... I'm sorry to hear this.
  • Options
    getting a letter that says my new condo complex may be part of a land acquisition when they widen the Pennsylvania Turnpike. So either my new home with be nocked down, or the turnpike will be at my balcony. There are a few meetings still to go, but as far as we know it's a done deal. :| :evil:
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    My best instructor being in a car accident today. It was not her fault - the other driver swerved into her lane, lost control, and hit her head on. She now has a broken vertebrae in her neck and was transported to a hospital 140 miles away. I'm so worried for my friend and her family. The other driver died.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    My best instructor being in a car accident today. It was not her fault - the other driver swerved into her lane, lost control, and hit her head on. She now has a broken vertebrae in her neck and was transported to a hospital 140 miles away. I'm so worried for my friend and her family. The other driver died.
    That's horrible. I'm so sorry to hear this. She's in my thoughts {{{{{good vibes}}}}}
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    A $1,000 subtraction mistake in my checkbook that is NOT in my favor :evil:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    The fact that my ex husband has been really nice to me and still knows how to make me laugh... Makes it hard to be mad at him. :)
  • Options
    Waking up to a phone call that a long time friend's Dad died this morning. (He wasn't sick)
    It was jarring to hear my mom crying on the phone that early... I can't imagine how it was for the friend.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Some fooker drove into my parked car and drove off without saying anything to me, then his mother lying about the car being his...then the teenagers I work with doing my head in.....then the bloody economy and the fact that the bankers have been ripping the heart out of the country and we still give them €7billion to keep doing it.....but hey i'm healthy, have a wonderful family and am pretty happy most of the time :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Feelin' frickin' ill again :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    My grandmother was transfered to the hospital from the nursing home she was at for rehab.... because she has MRSA. She's in an isolation unit and I won't be able to visit her because I have an immune deficiency. I'm usually very positive about illness and recovery, but this time I don't have a good feeling. She was starting to no longer want to fight while in the home for rehab and therapy, now I can only imagine how she feels being back in the hospital.

I don't know what to say... maybe 2009 won't be the pick me up year I thought it would be.
  • Options
    Oh and the nursing home didn't even want to send her to the hospital until the Dr. saw her.... and that would of been tuesday. This is the 2nd time she could of died in that nursing home if we all hadn't been keeping up on her.
  • Options
    Now I'm sick...
    I blame those cute little kiddies who kept putting their fingers up their noses :P
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    My grandmother was transfered to the hospital from the nursing home she was at for rehab.... because she has MRSA. She's in an isolation unit and I won't be able to visit her because I have an immune deficiency. I'm usually very positive about illness and recovery, but this time I don't have a good feeling. She was starting to no longer want to fight while in the home for rehab and therapy, now I can only imagine how she feels being back in the hospital.

I don't know what to say... maybe 2009 won't be the pick me up year I thought it would be.

so sorry to hear about your grandmother. keep your head up, though...the year has just started!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    Remodeling my bathroom...and the plumber(my friend) is holding things up a bit

Thats what happens when you try to save a few bucks