Options

What DID NOT make your day (part deux)???

Comments

• Options
    Fuck you Bret Favre, fuck you
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    The fucking Yankees.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    backspacer not arrive yet..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I had a dream my mom was murdered. :(
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Got a notice in the mail from one of the creditors lawyers I owe money to... :|

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    I'm just having a really really bad day... :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    I'm just having a really really bad day... :(
    smile.. :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    that i want to go to Philly and cant take days of work.. :evil:
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Today I see clearly how stupid people are. Me too.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    sending my ex her birthday present (birthday's next week) knowing how it's going to upset her when she gets it :(
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    A close relative passing away even though it was somewhat expected.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    sending my ex her birthday present (birthday's next week) knowing how it's going to upset her when she gets it :(
    Did you send her a framed photo of yourself at the strip club or something? :lol:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    The Red Sox losing the 1st two games... :shock: just a bad ending to a really bad week... :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    The Red Sox losing the 1st two games... :shock: just a bad ending to a really bad week... :roll:

Well if there's any reason to feel positive about that, they did come back in the 2003 ALDS from the same deficit.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    :idea:
  • Options
    Ugh!

After the high of two PJ concerts and my Birthday, I was thrilled that my mice were having babies this week. You see, I've kept about 40 mice as pets since I was 7. Lesser numbers of other rodents. The last litter I bred was 5 gerbils in 2002. In recent years, I've only rescued adult pets.

Mice take up little space and cost almost nothing for food and bedding. So I decided that it was finally time to raise some more babies. 2 of my 3 female mice were willing to have sex with the male. Since they were older, I knew that the odds of both having giant litters that thrived into adulthood was small. So I hedged my bets and bred both. On Tuesday afternoon, Annoushka gave birth to a single, perfect baby. All 3 females were great with the infant, licking it and sleeping in the nest with it. But I noticed that the baby was not suckling. A common problem with a tiny litter is that there are not enough babies latched on to make the mother lactate. I was awfully worried, but Nova was due two days later. If she added 2 or 3 more babies to the mix, then that would probably have been enough to produce milk in both females. (Mums happily share a nest and nurse each other's kids.)

On Wednesday evening, the baby was 30 hours old but still had no milk in its stomach: Newborns have transparent skin, milk in their stomachs shows up bright white. I took it out for a few minutes to hand-feed it. It was doing well, swallowing one tiny drop at a time. Then it was dead. Shit! I killed Annoushka's sweet, tiny, perfectly formed singleton baby. Soon, Nova started showing signs of labour. I was wracked with guilt. If I had left the baby unfed for a while longer, Nova would have given birth and ALL of the babies could have eaten.

But Nova's labour was intermittent. She had visible contractions at times. Then there were hours where she was eating, sleeping, running, playing with no contractions. Weird. Friday morning, her labour was constant. I thought the babies would finally arrive. When I got home Friday night, Nova was still in labour. She had buried herself under the bedding, and was waiting to die. She must have had a baby stuck in her pelvis all this time. If I think she will survive the trip, I've got to take her to an 'exotic' vet Saturday morning. Probably for euthanasia.

I played god with my pets, and they suffered for my arrogance. I knew the females were middle-aged, from an unknown background. I knew those conditions meant that breeding them was unwise, risky, DANGEROUS. I did it anyway. WTF is wrong with me?

PETA is right. Humans keeping domestic animals of any kind is selfish and cruel. Intellectually, I agree. But emotionally, I Love my fuzzy snuzzlemuffin wubby rabbits, my puppy bears! They bring me joy. When head versus heart, the heart always wins.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Travisthesky -

You didn't know it was going to happen. Don't blame yourself.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Coming back at 1pm from grocery shopping with my son and finding that the 8 serving casserole it took me one hour to make yesterday is fucking gone from the fridge. Fucking all of it. My husband ate all of fucking it, cold. Fuck that.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Dave's dad going into hospital at the weekend after having a minor stroke.

Cancelling next weekend's plans to go and see Dave's family (Not that I have a problem with this at all).

A constant headache I can't shift and i've hurt my back... again. No riding for me for a couple of days.

Another hospital appointment today. I feel like I live in the damn place.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Dave's dad going into hospital at the weekend after having a minor stroke.

Cancelling next weekend's plans to go and see Dave's family (Not that I have a problem with this at all).

A constant headache I can't shift and i've hurt my back... again. No riding for me for a couple of days.

Another hospital appointment today. I feel like I live in the damn place.
    wish u and Dave the best
  • Options
    NOT RECEIVE CD AND LP OF BACKSPACER YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Working on a day that most people have off.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Telecommuting system doesn't completely work. I can't access phones, even though Friday I could. My bitchy boss will find some way to blame me. I never felt like I had to cover my ass so much at a job as I do with her. Grrrrs, I'm in a bad mood.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    It's pouring out right now!! I might take my walk anyway though... ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Dave's dad is still in hospital.

I feel shit... not unwell or poorly, just generally shit.

• Options
    Dave's dad is still in hospital.

I feel shit... not unwell or poorly, just generally shit.
    all will be ok.. :D
  • Options
    that Sian is sad about Daves Dad,,
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    I'm working on a very important high stakes project. I feel like I'm the only one doing most of the shit and the rest aren't just pulling their weight. Lord knows how much shit I've sacrificed just for my work.
  • Options
    It's STILL pouring out!!! :x :evil:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I am f***ng angry. furious!
    God, I hate to be in love, especially when it seems I am nobody special to someone I fall in...
    And I thought I mean sth...
    stupid girl.

Just... powerless.
    Fucking life
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl