*****The Official 2009 Philadelphia Eagles Thread*****

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,451
    well that sure as hell wasn't fun. as probably Donovan's biggest supporter even I have to concede it's probably time to move on. If the organization truly feels Kolb can be a high level QB I think it would be best for all parties if they move Donovan. It's very hard to trade a franchise QB but the negativity and questions will propel the negativity towards the Eagles to even higher levels. For all concerned a move is probably best.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
    Flagg wrote:
    As a Cowboy fan, McNabb no longer scares me. He used to. And last year he did somewhat, especially in that last game. But he had his worst games against Dallas this year (and Oakland) and he is only getting older next year, which will be what, year 12 of the Reid/McNabb era?

If I was an Eagles fan, I would want a change at coach and QB and I would want it now.

Jeagler what u have to relieve is that the TO year was amazing B-west was a beast we had productive players on the O then. He choked then and he chokes now,don't get me wrong like i've written 50 times in this thread 5 is great, a hall of famer imo but change is needed. And since Reid signed a new contract that leaves 5 as the one who has to go. He did have a good year this season but I LIKED what i saw from Kolb he is a free agent of some sort i believe now as well. Theres no way he's gonna stay here as a backup to 5 which leads them to having to make a real tough decision. Keep 5 who is old and declining or lock up the qb u drafted to replace him to me it's a tough decision that has to be made.

i've already said i would be fine if that is the direction they went. but you made a few mistakes here.
    1-kolb's not a free agent. all 3 qb's have 1 year remaining on their contracts.
    2-you said mcnabb had a good year. last year was not good nor was the previous two. hence: he's not declining.
    3-i pin the super bowl loss more on andy reid and the defense failing to make adjustments at the half. he did throw for over 300 yards and 3 tds in that game. plus we were a touchdown favorite and loss by 3. mcnabb shares in the blame but tough to say he choked in that game.

look: i'm glad what you saw from kolb. fact remains he played against one of the worst defenses in the league and had a great game. he threw for a lot of yards against the saints but also committed two god awful and crucial turnovers that led to 14 points. and he looked dreadful against a good defense last year. people love think the grass is always greener...it's not.

if you're a good qb you can play well into your mid to late 30's as we've seen these past few years with multiple examples. if it's here or somewhere else, i still think you'll see mcnabb put up solid numbers somewhere.

still...the biggest reason we lost these two games is not mcnabb (even considering how awful he was). the defense gave up 58 points in 6 days. kinda think that should be our bigger focus right now but that's just me.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

we said the same thing about romo and phillips after beating you 44-6 last year :lol::lol:

It's too bad that game is in the past, huh?
    crazypjfan wrote:

we said the same thing about romo and phillips after beating you 44-6 last year :lol::lol:

:wtf:
    it was last year. cowboys got even this year. we'll have our shot again next year. not sure what you're getting at.
    www.myspace.com
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    woot woot 3xs in a row the boys clipped them wings an kept the eagles from fyling
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    crazypjfan wrote:
    interesting to see how they handle the mcnabb situation. i would keep him only because you don't know what you have in kolb. and if kolb is not the guy then all this young talent is going to go to waist. i'd extend him another couple years to be honest with you.

I hope you keep McChoke next year! I would welcome that with open arms :lol:

If it didn't result in a championship for the Eagles it doesn't mean squat!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I hope you keep McChoke next year! I would welcome that with open arms :lol:

If it didn't result in a championship for the Eagles it doesn't mean squat!

Peace

if the cowboys getting better in the offseason and beating us in the playoffs doesn't result in the eagles winning a championship, it doesn't mean "squat?"

might wanna pay attention to what you're replying to chief. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    It still doesn't mean squat it's last year. :lol:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

crazypjfan wrote:

:wtf:
    it was last year. cowboys got even this year. we'll have our shot again next year. not sure what you're getting at.

I am not sure what you are getting at by listing a score from a game last year over and over. Makes no sense.

Btw, the Cowboys are making a deep playoff run with young players and will be dominating the NFC for years to come so get used to it ;)
    gotta love Cowboys fans - win one playoff game (at home) in 14 years and they come out of the woodwork including the guy above talking about dominating for years. It is so hard to make the playoffs year in and year out - let's stop with the dominating talk until they actually win a few more playoff games.
    pjhawks wrote:
    gotta love Cowboys fans - win one playoff game (at home) in 14 years and they come out of the woodwork including the guy above talking about dominating for years. It is so hard to make the playoffs year in and year out - let's stop with the dominating talk until they actually win a few more playoff games.

I've been a Boys fan longer than you have been alive. I would rather brag about my good team than try to justify classless acts by the Eagles and its fans(I don't need to explain here) ;)
    Eagles "Hold Back" to Avoid Jeopardizing Rivalry
    Joe Jefferson by

ARLINGTON, TX - As many Eagle fans could clearly see on Saturday night, their beloved Eagles were "holding back" to avoid "showing their cards."

Andy Reid said in the press conference, "We knew we were going to be playing the Cowboys at least TEN times in the next five seasons. This is just one measly game. Why pull out all the stops and risk revealing our good plays now? Showing them too much could jeopardize future seasons. I made sure to let the receivers know to drop a few passes here and there, THAT way they'll be underestimated next season. That fumble by Vick? All part of the plan, see. Now that Dallas has won the last three, we're in an even better position because statistically, we've gotta win one eventually. Right?"

What many saw as either the most pathetic showing by the Eagles in recent post season history or as the reemergence of the once dominant Dallas Cowboys was actually a clever, if not genius, move by Andy Reid. "We're certainly in a better position to come back and beat them," said Reid. "Remember 44-6."

Reid continued, "Right now they think they're pretty good, but they are just playing right into our hands. My team showed their ability to look like they were really trying and genuinely disappointed. We were all smiling on the inside."

By the way, if you didn't notice, this was satirical.

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    pjhawks wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    i know. it's kind of cute when you think of them always telling us it doesn't matter unless you win a championship. shows how much beating the birds means to them...which is good for our rivalry i guess ;)

it's been such a long time though. i say let them enjoy it for a week or so. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    g under p wrote:
    It still doesn't mean squat it's last year. :lol:

Peace

allow me to speak for the rest of us:
    :arrow: ..................... :?:
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    pjhawks wrote:

I've been talking Cowboys on this board for 5 years. So, not sure what this means. And that Cowboys thread is over 50 pages long so we aren't exactly coming out of the woodwork all of the sudden.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I've been talking Cowboys on this board for 5 years. So, not sure what this means. And that Cowboys thread is over 50 pages long so we aren't exactly coming out of the woodwork all of the sudden.

i think he was referencing all the nonsense talk in this thread.
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I've been a Boys fan longer than you have been alive. I would rather brag about my good team than try to justify classless acts by the Eagles and its fans(I don't need to explain here) ;)

well 1st off if your age on your profile is correct I am a hell of alot older than you so that is impossible - but I guess being a Cowboys fan maybe math isn't your strong suit? Talk about class by coming into a thread about the Eagles and talking smack - nice.

I think the following prediction made by pjhawks is nonsense:

Eagles 27-23 - Either way the losing Coach and QB is going to get ripped apart.

;)
    Flagg wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

We are delirious right now. I'm not even sure what day it is so I guess people are going to have to bear with us for awhile. :D
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    edited January 2010
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

well 1st off if your age on your profile is correct I am a hell of alot older than you so that is impossible - but I guess being a Cowboys fan maybe math isn't your strong suit? Talk about class by coming into a thread about the Eagles and talking smack - nice.

So now we have specific threads to stay in? :lol: Just let me know where I can go to talk now! :mrgreen:

btw, the math comment is silly of you and unprofessional :( :D
    Post edited by cowboypjfan on
    Flagg wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Flagg - wasn't targeting specifically anyone in this thread - living in the Philly area you'd be amazed at how many 'Cowboy' fans appear when they are good - never see or hear from them until they beat the Birds or win a big game - then all of a sudden they are everywhere- and the best part is they always say 'i've been a Cowboys fan since...' - it's nauseating to be honest.
    crazypjfan wrote:

;)

how so? it seems pretty fair to me.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Flagg - wasn't targeting specifically anyone in this thread - living in the Philly area you'd be amazed at how many 'Cowboy' fans appear when they are good - never see or hear from them until they beat the Birds or win a big game - then all of a sudden they are everywhere- and the best part is they always say 'i've been a Cowboys fan since...' - it's nauseating to be honest.

see my Fraud Sports Fan thread to learn more. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I know. Just messing. It's like all the Yankees and Red Wings fans down here, Cowboys fans are everywhere.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    see my Fraud Sports Fan thread to learn more. :lol:

How come that thread seemed to die down? I enjoyed that one.
    feel free to come in this thread all you like but if you are going to act like an ass then chastize Eagles fan for being classless well pottle meet kettle dude. If you want to have legitimate intelligent banter feel free all you like.
    crazypjfan wrote:

;)

how so? it seems pretty fair to me.

I was just joking about his score prediction, that's all.
    pjhawks wrote:
    feel free to come in this thread all you like but if you are going to act like an ass then chastize Eagles fan for being classless well pottle meet kettle dude. If you want to have legitimate intelligent banter feel free all you like.

Fair enough.
    [/quote]

how so? it seems pretty fair to me.[/quote]

I was just joking about his score prediction, that's all.[/quote]

i honestly thought the Eagles would play much better - no doubt the Cowboys put a whipping on us good 2 weeks in a row. The better team this year clearly was the Cowboys - lots can happen before next year though including the Eagles getting their best defensive player back. Should be very interesting 2 NFC games next week for sure though.
    pjhawks wrote:
    i honestly thought the Eagles would play much better - no doubt the Cowboys put a whipping on us good 2 weeks in a row. The better team this year clearly was the Cowboys - lots can happen before next year though including the Eagles getting their best defensive player back. Should be very interesting 2 NFC games next week for sure though.

I am not sure that Arizona's D can handle the Saints. Especially if they play like they did against GB(minus the Int return in OT)
This discussion has been closed.